Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't you hate it when - ?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,802 Times in 1,938 Posts

Don't you hate it when - ?

Just finished putting floor leveling compound down on my floor - floated it, then used a spike roller to finish it off. I then proceeded to my garden to wash the tools down and a cat ran in my house - and all over my floor I had just leveled! To say I am raging is an understatement.....

Anyway - now I've vented my anger, I'd like to hear of something that you guys hate!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrdude For This Useful Post:

dog-man (08-06-2018), Nikkas (13-06-2018)

Thanks
    I have 3 cats and know exactly what you are experiencing.
    No matter how well I protect an area, the buggers always manage to get onto any wet surface I have just completed.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dog-man For This Useful Post:

mrdude (11-06-2018)

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 845 Posts
    I had to level a floor section and our cat had to leave a paw print in it. The cat is no longer with us but at least shes left her mark

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3tv For This Useful Post:

dog-man (08-06-2018), mrdude (11-06-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,314 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Lucky it wasn't a Bengal , would not be running over the floor , be up youre arm or leg taking chunks out of it
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cosworth4x4; 08-06-2018 at 07:37 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cosworth4x4 For This Useful Post:

mrdude (11-06-2018)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dog-man View Post
    I have 3 cats and know exactly what you are experiencing.
    No matter how well I protect an area, the buggers always manage to get onto any wet surface I have just completed.
    I don't have any cats - it was a rogue neighbors - I've seriously been thinking about making an electric fence in my garden to stop the buggers from ****ting all over it.

Thanks
    Mine only allowed outside the house when we are with it , too be honest an electric fence would probably not stop them they would find a way through.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cosworth4x4 For This Useful Post:

mrdude (11-06-2018)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cosworth4x4 View Post
    Mine only allowed outside the house when we are with it , too be honest an electric fence would probably not stop them they would find a way through.
    I mobile one would though. I was thinking of using a car battery and ignition coil & solar panel to charge it. Make a circuit and use a esp8266 to text me when it's activated. After a few zaps - I could move the wires to a different location so the cats don't suss out where it's likely to get zapped. I figure after a week or two they will end up just using a different garden to **** in.

I'll get around to it before the end of summer - I'm a bit busy at the moment, but I have most of the stuff already to make it. I'll just order a coil from ******* (the type used in an old car ignition system).

Thanks
    Last edited by JOE.MADDISON; 10-06-2018 at 10:33 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,700 Times in 1,823 Posts
    Cant see any issues here.

14) remember that Satpimps is a friendly place open to various countries and nationalities and we do not want any xenophobic or offensive posts, so no flaming, trolling or abuse is allowed here - see rule 15 below too

to sum up , think before you post , and if the topic is of an illegal or abusive or unwarranted nature , dont post it at all , or seek clarification from a mod or admin first. try and stick to known topics allowed here which tend to have their own dedicated sections.

( so do not include any posts about politics , religion , race , creed , murder , rape , w*r crimes , war , violence , xenophobia and any other contentious issues which are likely to lead to heated discussions or offend somebody, so they do not have any sections and so should be avoided at all costs ) = see rule 15 below for clarification

15) Please make sure you do not fall foul of the following UK June 2013 legal guidelines on what constitutes breaking the law when posting comments on social media sites
    Last edited by manic01; 09-06-2018 at 06:49 AM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manic01 For This Useful Post:

Aldo (12-06-2018), mrdude (11-06-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,700 Times in 1,823 Posts
    Not illegal either
    Code:
    https://www.electricfencing.co.uk/efd/keepout/cats_out/

17. The Following User Says Thank You to manic01 For This Useful Post:

mrdude (11-06-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,283 Times in 1,494 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE.MADDISON View Post
    BAD IDEA cats are classed as wild animals and have protected right to roam,it is an offense to stop this or cause harm ,punishable by law and your comments should be removed from this forum.rule 14 and 15.
    Its a bit of fun, no one is really going to be putting an electric fence.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to sonic1 For This Useful Post:

mrdude (11-06-2018)

Verified Registered User squiddo's Avatar
    Thanks
    I'm "offended" by Manic's first post.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to squiddo For This Useful Post:

JOE.MADDISON (09-06-2018)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    It's raining here in Spain, all the cats are indoors!!!

Verified Registered User Mobley2's Avatar
    Thanks
    Put a couple of Plastic bottles filled with water,around the area you think they are coming in from,
    whatever it is about them, cats are un-nerved by them and will move on. I had a problem with a
    neighbours cat hiding under my hedge, and attacking birds that were feeding on peanuts, and seeds
    I put out for them, don't have any problems now, so maybe worth a try

regards mobley 2

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mobley2 For This Useful Post:

mrdude (11-06-2018), rikjaard-real (09-06-2018)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Firstly, in Scotland Electric fences are legal - so no laws are being broken. Also wild animals can roam where they want - that's why landowners such as farmers and estates have fences/walls/electric fences all over the place - go to any farm land and you'll find at least one electric fence - perhaps the laws are different where Joe Maddison lives?

Anyway - the post seems to be going a bit off topic now, so lets get back on track guys! and post what what you hate:

I.E. I went to my toilet this morning for a No2, and the other half had used all the toilet paper - she wasn't in to give me some new paper - so I needed to 'clamp' my cheeks together and waddle off to the kitchen to get some kitchen roll......etc.

Thanks
    Last edited by JOE.MADDISON; 10-06-2018 at 10:32 PM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE.MADDISON View Post
    back to topic i hate posts from mrdude,,,he had stopped me making any more donations to the forum,also is post 15 a quality post,forum standards ?????
    Very childish IMO, however each to their own I suppose.

Do you not think there are millions of people around the country that hate cats coming into their gardens? Yep there are - what I hate is the fact that some cat owners don't care where their cats go to poop - if the owners don't care where the cat goes, they only have themselves to blame when something happens to the cat - IE if someone left antifreeze out in their garden - and there cat ate/drank it, I blame the cat owner for being stupid enough to let the cat come into contact with it.......not the guy who was working on a car on his own property.

Thanks
    Ok this is at all of you posting above.

I removed this post last night and agreed to put it back tonight after you all cooled down, at the moment us mods are spending a lot of time removing Spam from the forum that most of you do not even see, so we do expect a bit more from long term members .

Its a general chat section so dont take it too serious .

Thanks
    Ill remove youre post , but stop wasting our time reporting **** .

Last warning.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,863 Times in 2,251 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdude View Post

Do you not think there are millions of people around the country that hate cats coming into their gardens? Yep there are - what I hate is the fact that some cat owners don't care where their cats go to poop - if the owners don't care where the cat goes, they only have themselves to blame when something happens to the cat - IE if someone left antifreeze out in their garden - and there cat ate/drank it, I blame the cat owner for being stupid enough to let the cat come into contact with it.......not the guy who was working on a car on his own property.
    Sorry but you can not train a cat, where it can and can not go.

They are not like dogs, in that they will learn to do tricks to please there owners.

Cats can and do what they please, if they want to **** in your garden they will, if they want to **** in your bed, then they will. There is nothing anyone (least of all the owners) can do to stop it, other than keep them indoors, which is fine, if it's a cat that has been brought up as an indoor cat, but once they have been outside, they do not stay inside anymore and it is cruel to stop them from going out.

If you want to stop a cat coming onto your property, then try some of those high pitch siren things, that are too high pitched for humans to hear, worked for my mate to stop his neighbours cat sleeping on the bonnet of his car.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to CokeAddict For This Useful Post:

mrdude (11-06-2018)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast