Thread: help with setting up my sats on hd6000

Thanks

Icon7 help with setting up my sats on hd6000

I hope one of you top guys can help me 'finish' setting up my box once and for all??. I messed up my first 6000 by scanning too many channels in so have held back on completeing the set up but I have had to manually search for each satelite individually which is now time consuming and . . hopefully unnecessary!
    Can I go through what I intend to do and and post it numerically?. . .then if I get to a stage where I may mess up I can get some advice. . .please
    I have now decided that I only need 6 sats and of these sats I have about 8 frequencies to load. So;

1. Sat settings> ok> TP edit. . . then delete all the sats that I no longer require.
    2. tick all the remaining sats that I want. (6 in total) > exit
    3. Sat/Tp manager> delete all the frequencies I don't want and add the ones I do. OR, I could just leave one frequency in place for the scan and then add the rest later?? > exit
    4. Sat settings> ok> From the now reduced list on the left click to highlight one. . say Hotbird 13e.> scroll to the right make my way down to motor> disec 1.2/usals>ok>mode>go to satelite>set location.
    5. Manual>Add my long/lat details and and save. back to go>save data> exit.

This is now where I am stuck. I would like to now scan the 6 sats together?? Do they store automatically and/or do I do them one at a time and how/where do I do it? Obviously the end result would be to press 'goto' or 'sat' and the list would appear and hey presto!!
    I have enjoyed great support on here so fingers crossed someone can help. . cheers!

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi.My advice is as follows:
    1) You need to decide which movement option you want to use ie USALS which is the auto movement to satellites or the 1.2 disecq search and manually store movement. USALS is the easy option but you must find the first satellite yourself..then USALS will move dish to other sats.
    2) Before looking for sats make sure receiver is set up ..this is important as you dont want to keep changing things every 5 miutes etc.
    3) For the 6 sats you want make sure they have up to date channels ..put 2 or 3 free channel at the beginning of the lists...reason for this is that it makes it easier to pick up the signals as dish is moving or being adjusted etc...Remember you will need to adjust the dish to begin with to pick up the first satellite then its a question of tweaking the dish slightly to get the other sats to come in. In my opinion its not difficult to set up a motor but requires time patience and be aware of not taking risks as it can be dangerous on a ladder with tools in your hand. Regards

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KARABANGA For This Useful Post:

echelon (25-05-2018), jovie (26-05-2018), Tombat (27-05-2018)

Thanks
    HI again and thank you. I don't know how to select USALS or 1.2 disecq ? do I decide on the box?
    At the moment I selected the frequencies I need and ticked the relevent sats. Scanned them and after a while 19e with 40 or so channels came on. perfect! so now I want to go to another stored sat. . .say hotbird. I press 'goto' and the 'sat' and no movement whatsoever. So, I go to menu, sat settings, hotbird and scroll accross to highlight it, then I have to go down to motor, select usals/1.2. . .enter my lat/long again, store and then go to satellite. I then have to go to 'step' and nudge the motor a few steps to the west and I then get a signal and all works but it takes so much time!. can you tell me where I go wrong and cheers once again!

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi Ok here is some info to how a motor like the TM2600 or Dark Motor etc work with receivers..

1) A motor has a dial like a clock with settings in degrees there is a 0 in the middle and numbers going up to 70 on either side of the 0. You have figures 1 to 70 for the east satellites and 1 to 70 for the west satellites. ie you have 140 degrees.

2) Modern motors use two protocols to move the dish to the satellites...USALS and Disecq 1.2. USALS is the automatic movement to the satellites..it requires your location settings ie for London its 51.5north for latitude and 000.1West for longitude...Disecq 1.2 is the manual search and store of the satellites and does not require any location settings. you basically move the dish left or right with the remote until you pick up a strong signal and you store it and memorize it..because its stored in receiver memory when you go to that satellite it will know where to go.

3) With USALS when you select a satellite to go to ie 28.2 east it will move the motor to around the 28.2 mark on the motor dial..if you select 5 west satellite it will move the motor to the 5west mark on the dial etc etc. USALS is the best option in my opinion because once you have set it up correctly on the first satellite then it should move to the correct postions for the other satellites..for USALS the best thing to do when settig it up is to go to a satellite you are familiar with ie 28.2 east and let USALS move the dish to 28.2 on the motor dial. Then loosen the dish brackets on the motor slightly and move it left/right up/down until you get a strong picture/signal from 28.2east. Then tighten the dish up .USALS should now be setup to move to the other satellites because it will know where to stop for the other satellites.

4) Spiderbox setup for motor- in Satellite settings menu you will need to select by putting a tick for the satellites you want .to put a tick press OK on the satellites Make sure the Lnb option is set to 9750/10600 for all satellites selected. To setup the motor move to the Motor option and make sure it says DiseqC1.2/USALS..Press OK to go into motor options .Under Mode you select the option you prefer ie Position for the manual search and store of the satellites .if you move the cursor to the Direction field you will be able to move the motor left or right using the remote util you find the correct signal and then in the Position ?? field at the bottom press OK ..it will give you a list of numbers from 1 to 32 .select a number ie 1 press ok the move cursor to Store ad press ok to memorize this satellite as position..Repeat the process for the other satellites but give them different Postion numbers for storing.

To use the USALS fuction under the Mode option toggle the remote left/right buttons in
    the middle till you see the Go to Satellite option . Move cursor to the Set Location field and press OK to enter your location settings and Save. Check your details are correct and move cursor to the Go option and press OK and press OK again at the Save message. The box is now setup for USALS ..Please remember that with USALS you wont be able to move the dish manually left or right

...hope this makes helpful reading and i welcome any comments or further advice...Regards
    Last edited by KARABANGA; 26-05-2018 at 11:43 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KARABANGA For This Useful Post:

echelon (27-05-2018), Tombat (27-05-2018)

Thanks
    Thank you. . .very helpful explanation and good advice. I will try both options as soon as I have free evening and report back!
    Cheers again!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tombat For This Useful Post:

echelon (27-05-2018)