Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: can i pick up 19.2 on sky mini dish

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    hi chariot i have this SKY DISH MK4 LNB HOLDER/ADAPTER - 40MM adapter on my dish. how big is the dish you are using your monoblock on thanks

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    ok so going to try and sort it tomorrow just need to make sure am doing this right so first take off the lnb and cut off and file the plastic lugs. then not sure? . it is pointing to 28.2e at the minute. if someone could give me a little break down what to do i would really appreciate it thanks again any help much appreciated

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 812 Posts
    A satellite signal meter would be a great help, guesswork won't do, they are cheap but are a basic requirement to get on sat, a compass gets you near where you should be as well.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    hi i have a v8 freesat sat finder. could you give me the steps you would take thanks

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    Personally I would forget about your Sky dish, they're not that good, for other satellites, and it currently serves its purpose, providing a lot of channels from 28.2E.

What do you want to receive, from 19.2E?
    Have you got another dish, or considering getting another dish, and motor?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

echelon (01-04-2018)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Ok so on the dish apart from the anchor bolts there should be 2 others one which controls left right ( West / East ) and one which controls up /down (elevation).

If using Sat meter a small length of sat cable with 2 F connectors on undoo the f connector to LNB attach to Sat meter Note it may be marked receiver / lnb attach it to the receiver side. Then insert the short length between the lnb and lnb side of meter.

As Mickha said earlier use _http://dishpointer.com to put your post code a Sat in. Drag the green dish to approximately where yours is and it will give you an idea roughly how to adjust left / right assuming UK facing your dish you will need to put some weight on you left hand to move about 9 degrees. You may or may not get a reading from the meter at this point.

When in approximate position nip the left right bolt up the adjust the up/down this should have the most effect on the meter. You wil need to go up by about 3 degrees so tap the top of the dish slightly when meter is at maximum you can try tweaking left/right again but it is just a slight tap that is needed.

I would suggest at this point removing meter and reattach main cable to lnb look at the signal /quality on a sat channel then twist the lnb slightly in the collar as Ech said earlier it should only go to about 2 degrees to the left from verticle. You can also try moving the lnb slightly towards or away from the dish in the collar at this point to tweak signal /quality.

When happy tighten all bolts and enjoy. Just remember one bolt at a time.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chariotuk For This Useful Post:

echelon (01-04-2018), fozzer12 (01-04-2018)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Thanks chariot. I have just filed the two plastic h shaped lugs on the lnb I have it now so the wires are going in to the top of the lnb pointing down is this right thanks

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    put postcode in dishpointer this is what i get Dish Setup Data thanks
    Elevation: 25.8°
    Azimuth (true): 153.2°
    Azimuth (magn.): 155.0°
    LNB Skew [?]: -8.1°

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fozzer12 View Post
    Thanks chariot. I have just filed the two plastic h shaped lugs on the lnb I have it now so the wires are going in to the top of the lnb pointing down is this right thanks
    no , they enter the lnb from underneath, so you can see the connectors from the ground , same as before , so from underneath , pointing down

if they are on the top , the lnb is upside down

any dish information you get like above is not for a sly dish , its for the more standard bigger dishes or the ones used on polar mounts

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi really struggling to get the nuts loosened to turn dish the nuts are rusted badly any advice to get them loosened used wd40 and trying ring spanners and socket on them thanks

Verified Registered User
    Thanks

trying to align to postion sky mini dish ro 19.2e

hi i am trying to position my sky mini dish to find 19.2e but i keep getting signal for 28.2 when i try to move it can anyone give me an idea from where 28.2e is to 19.2e. its driving me mad thanks.

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    have you a smatphone and is it iphone or andoid? when you have 28 east 19 is to the right from behind the dish, what receiver have you got and what channel do you use to show its 19 east?
    Last edited by gbmitie; 01-04-2018 at 04:52 PM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    No need for a second thread, you laready have one open:
    https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...-sky-mini-dish

Did you check on dishpointer, as to roughly where the dish needs to be pointing?

A small Sky dish is very difficult to align, to 19.2E, if you haven't done it before.
    Are you using your Meter correctly?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

echelon (02-04-2018)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    i have a v8 freesat sat finder. when i got a signal i scanned it and it was freeview channels for 28.2e. i selected astra 19.2e but i didnt select a transponder. whats the best fta channel to use to get signal on astra 19.2e. using sat meter gbmittie thanks

Thanks
    Higher the angle by 3 degrees and move to the west when on 28.2

19. The Following User Says Thank You to satpaul For This Useful Post:

echelon (02-04-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    check the transponders etc on lyng sat or king of sat , look for fta channels and try for those FTA channels on 19 east

same applies to any satellite , look for the fta channels online and use them in order to align the dish

chances are you can use a can***** channel or transponder, or a german channel or transponder

for 13e maybe try for polish channels etc

the news channels tend to be FTA on satellites so I tend to go for those , or FTA music channels

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi found 19.2e. what signal strength should i be getting about. I am getting 57% to 64% on channels. Should I be getting more than that or is that about right for a sky mini dish 45cm. Also I have a sky quad lnb will I be able to connect another box or will it put to much pressure on the signal strength thanks.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    You can connect another receiver.
    Did you skew, rotate, the LNB, slightly, to maximize the signal quality?
    Personally I would still get another dish, as the 45cm Sky dish isn't that good, except for 28.2E, why not look at a Penta 85cm, they perform well, are pleasing to look at, and wio
    th a motor can get you a lot of different satellites.
    Last edited by Mickha; 02-04-2018 at 01:13 PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

echelon (02-04-2018)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12