Thread: setting up vu+ zero

Verified Registered User
    Thanks

setting up vu+ zero

hi i have just ordered a vu+ zero upgrading from a spiderbox 9000 hd i have a motorized dish. what are they like to setup is it not bad to set up the box and get the satellites added. any help much appreciated thanks in advance.

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    look here

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...ing-up-Vu-Zero

it is a sticky so read carefully and dont rush in

3. The Following User Says Thank You to gbmitie For This Useful Post:

echelon (27-03-2018)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Thanks for reply you know because my spiderbox is set up I think it was setup with diseq 1.2. You know if I try and setup vu box with usals if I need to go back to spider box will it mess the satelites on that thanks. It just setting up the sats that's got me worried never done it apart from for sky in my room on zgemma thanks

Verified Registered User
    Thanks

Setting up satelites on vu+zero

Hi i have a spiderbox 9000 hd and was setup with diseq1.2 I have just bought vu+ zero arriving tomorrow how would I get the sats on the vu is it a case of finding a free channel.for say hotbird and then getting a frequency and then scan the sat is that right thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    I regularly swap between a spiderbox and a vu solo2 on my motor and there are no issues at all in swapping from one to the other and back again because the usals is exactly the same on both

once you have an image of your choice on your vu and set your usals etc in the tuner setup, install the latest catseye settings list of your choice using dreamset or dreamboxedit , no need for any scanning at all

these settings can also be downloaded using the plugins section on blackhole, possibly on openvix and other images too

I would recommend using either blackhole or openvix for starting off on your vu , but there are other images like openPLI and openATV etc (I reinstalled my vu solo2 yesterday with the latest blackhole image and then updated it over the net to K

you will find tutorials for these basics in every vu help forum on here in the sticky threads, its basically the same for all the vu boxes , and not much different than a dreambox either

its NOT like your spiderbox though, nothing like it , but write down your usals settings from your spiderbox

then

1) decide on an image for your vu zero and download it from here or the net
    2) unpack the vuplus folder onto a suitable usb stick formatted to fat32
    3) use this in the usb socket (mine is on the front on a solo2)
    4) switch on and let the box flash from this usb stick image
    5) remove the stick when it reboots and follow the onscreen prompts

dont bother setting up the satellites, just the tuner and the video settings and the network

ftp the latest catseye settings list into the box using dreamset or dreamboxedit

install any cams you require like cccam or mgcamd or oscam by using ipk files

follow the tutorials in setting up the audio and any other settings you need

make sure you have fully read and understood the tutorials to get all the basics right first
    rome wasnt built in a day, so take it steady and try to get FTA channels up and running FIRST

Thanks
    remember to put in YOUR latitude and longitude details.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JOE.MADDISON For This Useful Post:

echelon (28-03-2018)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    hi i think my spiderbox was setup with diseq 1.2 what do i use to find latitude and longitude thanks. is it ok to go from diseq 1.2 and then use usals do i need to do anything to the satellite this is new to me as my uncle set up the satellite and the spiderbox but he lives in london and don't see him much thanks

Thanks
    put your location into google or use a mobile phone to find your gps location

if you are in newcastle, just put it into google maps to find your gps for usals (your longitude and latitude)

these boxes will use diseqc v1.2 or usals, and it sounds like your motor can do both as well , so use either, but preferably usals

there should be nothing to do with the motor or the dish or lnb, thay stay as they are with the spiderbox

the only thing you need to do is flash your new box and sort out various settings , the tutorials will help you

just remember that people here may help you but it is YOUR responsibility to read and understand how to set up this new VU and use it. the retailer has no responsibility in doing this , just as ford or ford dealer may sell you a car but do not teach you to drive it (and if you crash a new ford sold with no faults it is not the manufacturers fault or responsibility)

the VU is not as easy to setup as a spiderbox but is likely to give you more features once set up properly. with experience it becomes a lot easier with these enigma2 boxes and I would not be without my VU boxes although I have never seen or owned a ZERO

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi I have put image on vu zero I have a softcam on it I have ftp e2 channel list and trying to set it up via usals but I am unsure ì have entered longitude and latitude for my location . I then tried to search esat and west for satelite but not finding anything am i doing something wrong thanks

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    Did you remember that negative Longitude values = West and Positive East, when entering your co-ordinates?

Thanks
    no need to do any searching , just make sure you have the correct longitude and latitude in the box, and make sure that you have set either east or west correctly for the longitude , and NORTH for the latitude

if you had told us which image you have used, plus if you had told us the nearest town or city to your location , we could have given you better advice

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi I am using open vix and location is liverpool thanks

Thanks
    make sure your motor cable goes into tuner A or LNB on the back of the box

ok, go into your menu and setup, service searching , tuner config , tuner A and use the following

Configuration Mode = simple
    Mode = Positioner
    Longitude = 002.991
    West
    Latitude = 053.421
    North

and press save or ok

now press the tv button and choose the freesat bouquet (folder) or similar and find and select bbc1

now see if bbc1 comes on or not

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi mate it's ok now thank you very much can you tell me where I can get an up to date channel list thanks

Thanks
    look in the ENIGMA 2 settings forum here on pimps

look at the catseye thread, his latest will be at the bottom of that thread

I too am in the N/W near manchester so I adapted his last list and made it more regional so I suggest you download that one and use dreamset or dreamboxedit to ftp it into your box , overwriting the one in there, then reboot/restart it using the menu shutdown options

that one thread always contains his latest list and usually any regional adaptations

bear in mind his original list is always set to somewhere in the midlands, not the granada region which is why I posted my adapted version not long ago

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    hi mate can you point me to your channel list also do you use vu+ control centre o fiileziila to put channel list on. also when i choose a channel from a satellite i am not currently on it does not tell me it is moving can i change this thanks

Thanks
    I dont have a current channel list on here, but the catseyes one is where I start from and adjust for the northwest to get our local channels by moving channels around using the onscreen menu when you get the channel editor up on screen

I do not use VuCC

I do not use filezilla

I do not use your image, I use BlackHole or openBlackHole depending on the box and have done for years

there is nothing wrong with using openvix , or openpli , or openatv , I just prefer BH or OBH instead