Thread: SmartIPTV list from a Samsung TV to a computer

Thanks

Question SmartIPTV list from a Samsung TV to a computer

After many years with a 1.2 meter motorised satellite dish and starting with a D2Mac decoder! I am now experimenting with IPTV.

I have a service provider list which downloads directly to my Samsung TV through my MAC address.

I would like to tranfers the list to my computer in order to delete the many channels that I am not interested in. However, I am not able to find anything despite many searches in Google!

Is this possible? Upload a list from the TV to my computer?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Matt33

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    You might be able to using dreamboxedit, or other such tool, depending if your television is recognized on your network.
    Have you tried running the DCC, Dreambox Control Centre, program, on your PC, which finds everyhting connected to your network?
    https://www.satpimps.co.uk/forumdisp...Dreambox-Tools

Isn't your IPTV list just a .m3u file? If so just do an internet search for a .m3u editor and you should quickly find a basic editor.
    Last edited by Mickha; 24-02-2018 at 02:02 PM. Reason: adding information

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 845 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt33 View Post
    After many years with a 1.2 meter motorised satellite dish and starting with a D2Mac decoder! I am now experimenting with IPTV.

I have a service provider list which downloads directly to my Samsung TV through my MAC address.

I would like to tranfers the list to my computer in order to delete the many channels that I am not interested in. However, I am not able to find anything despite many searches in Google!

Is this possible? Upload a list from the TV to my computer?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Matt33
    you don't know your server and login details for the iptv service your receiving? I'm guessing you just gave some shadey dealer your smart iptv apps mac address and $$$?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,700 Times in 1,823 Posts
    You need to ask dealer for m3u file to edit.
    Trouble is if you just load m3u files and not www. links to mac they wont update your end when he does changes.
    www files are live links to the server and m3u is static version of this.
    So www updates from source, m3u stays as it was and outdates eventually.

Thanks
    That is correct. As I am new to IPTV I am paying 40 Euros per year and supplied my Mac address. It's a good service for over a year. I have tried with free links to my Samsung Smart tv on a experimental basis but it is rather a waste of time and 40 Euros per year it's not a lot.
    If one considers that my Protek 9900 LX it last only 3 years with the "free gift" and costs around 280 Euros, IPTV it's a better deal.
    I have a DreamboxEdit which I am able to download the list of channels from the Protek receiver but I have not tried to get into the Samsung TV with it!
    Thank you for all your responses. one needs to learn these new things!

Thanks
    My answer is the way.
    Either get m3u list and edit using notepad or other editor.

Thanks
    Another option using the samsung smart iptv app is to create your own favourites and ommit what you dont want.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by manic01 View Post
    Another option using the samsung smart iptv app is to create your own favourites and ommit what you dont want.
    That is exacly what I decided to do. Better to have 250 channels that you want to watch in English than 5800 which are total cra*.
    Thank you for all your help.