Thread: Full mediaportal

V.I.P
    Thanks

Full mediaportal

Hi Guys,
    Is is possible to install a full mediaportal on this box including the grey zone .mpgz? It seemed to be but it is all now very limited and grey zone not available. Dont worry - of course I want to occasionally explore all awful possibilities!! ROFL - Brain

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    I have found a .ipk file, Mediaportal Grayzone plugin, so you should be able to load it the same as any other .ipk plugin, tranfer it to your tmp folder then install it on your receiver.
    Personally I have never heard of it, or know what it does.

What are you trying to get?
    You should have access to nearly everything, using a VU+ Solo 4K, including everything Kodi has to offer, so can you please explain why you think your receiver is limited.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

brain (20-02-2018)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanks Mickha,
    It has access to a lot of media and the ubiquitous grayzone gets friends of mine asking for me to run them the odd DVD!! LOL Since they have always run on my aging DB's, but apart from the first week or so I havent got it sorted on the VU. I have found IPTV very good so have never really looked at Kodi - what extra does that give? Also great help from Echelon re cams.
    I have sent you a little pm re the plugin. Thanks again - BW - Brain
    Last edited by brain; 20-02-2018 at 05:33 PM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    I've found Kodi very useful, and watched a lot, including the one latest movie, but also some classics, that aren't shown on British televison, lile the Confessions of films, + old television series, like Minder, most of which are unedited, and old comedies, like Unhappily Ever After, plus which you can download the feeds, instead of viewing them, thus recording them to my hard drive for viewing later.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

brain (21-02-2018)