Thread: biss and emu help please

Thanks

biss and emu help please

[Hopefully] restarting an old thread here...

For the last few years I've had BBC channels working on 27.5W thanks to the now closed tutorial thread.
    Now, after updating VIX on my vu+ duo, it's all gone.

I have the keys and files om my PC, but starting from scratch I'm unable to load oscam ymod from the USB.
    I get a dialog on screen, I instruct it to load, it says it's doing it, but then says 0 files loaded and it does not appear in softcam manager.

I have loaded oscam, oscam-emu and "oscam-latest", but when I start I receive error message "no config file found"

I've tried to build a config file, but without success. It's really beyond my abilities.

The key and Lamedb files must be ok, as it was working until I flashed the box with the new image build.

Any ideas for me?

Thanks, Liveaboard, Portugal

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    install the panel in post #8 here

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...m-emu&p=973132

then choose what you want according to the image used, so that the correct files go into the correct places

if using oscam, edit the config files, server files and user files as required for your own information , ideally you backed up these files before the update

3. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

Liveaboard (19-02-2018)

Thanks
    Thanks for getting back to me so fast Echelon.
    I didn't back up anything from the box, I only have copies on my PC of what downloaded for the job when I did it some years ago.

Ok, I did what you said and downloaded the ********panel file.
    There was no / tmp file on my box so I created one and ftp'd the file into it.

As you probably guessed, this doesn't work, at least as far as I can tell; if there is a " plugins manual install " maybe someone can tell me where to find it?

Or if the ********panel needs to go somewhere else, perhaps someone can tell me where.

Vu+ duo, openvix build 5.1.016

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    You should have a tmp folder.
    Are you using Filezilla?
    Transferring a .ipk file, to the tmp folder, is the manual method of installation.
    You start up Filezilla, or other FTP program, connect to your receiver, by entering your receivers IP Address, in Host, the username ir root, and leave the password blank, unless you've set up a password.
    Once connected you should see the tmp folder, in the bottom right hand pane.

Thanks
    try this,go online and get a cccam test line.use the forum c onceirge pr ogram and convert the cccam line to oscam and send to box.restart box and you should be able to set up /find the oscam.files ect

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    try var/tmp if its there

then look to the menu or plugins/addons to find and install the ipk file so it goes into your plugins folder

there will be a menu option for manual ipk install somewhere, and the location tmp or var/tmp

Thanks
    I was using dreambox control center; filezilla could see a folder there which is actually a shortcut to a folder buried somewhere else.

ipk installer was buried deep in the menu, so it took a while to find.

I have now successfully loaded the panel, and hopefully all will be working with a little more mucking about.
    I think I'll get it together, but any tips or pointers will be gratefully received.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Liveaboard For This Useful Post:

echelon (20-02-2018)

Thanks
    a clean openvix download + a clean oscam + a new channel scan dont allow any saved files.then follow post 5 above

Thanks
    Woops, I deleted my post before I saw your reply... I tried again, and hit it.
    I downloaded a config file I found on another group, then FTP'ed in my old keys file, renamed "softcam.keys" [which is apparently what it should be called now].

I thought I did the same thing last week without success, and I don't know what I did differently.

So now we have BBC again; YAY!
    If only they had any decent programs...

Thanks everyone.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Liveaboard For This Useful Post:

JOE.MADDISON (14-03-2018)

Thanks
    dont erase your post as it my help others