Thread: Is there an image I can load please?

Thanks

Is there an image I can load please?

I currently have BlackHole image loaded on to my VU Duo2 and usually download and copy across CatsEye's updates for the channels.
    My wife has no clue about anything sat related and says after I die she will bin everything that I have bought over my (many happy) years in the 'freeviewing' (ahem) etc of all the channels i have been able to get over my times in this enjoyable pastime.

I am wondering if I lock the sat dish to Astra 28E and then maybe I can set up something (a new image hopefully) that will automatically update itself on all free to view only chanels for her after my time has past, it's no good me trying to show her how to update them herself as I tried that once and she said it was too complicated and told me it would all end up in the bin, which would be a shame as I've spent so much on equipment etc over the past 20 years + in this hobby.

Unfortunately the screen I have is a 42 inch Plasma which I bought when they were all the rage many years ago and it has only one HDMI input, I cannot even lift the VU DUo2 itself as the injuries I have prevent me from doing so and my surround sound system is connected in to it as well (HDMI output from Sat System plugs into Sound System then ouput HDMI from that goes into Plasma HDMI input) which complicates matters even more.
    Hopefully there's a few more years left in me even though I'm rattling now with all the pills and painkillers I have to take just to get about a little on my feet, but doc has told me my condition is progressive, so as time passes................ but hey, wtf, could be worse, at least I got time to sort things out a little.

So hopefully there is a new image or plugin or whatever that i can sort out now, if not it's goodbye to my system I'm afraid, and she'll go up the wall if I got to fork out for a complete new system including a new TV to replace the Plasma as that only has one input.

Thanks all.

WD.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to doubleudee For This Useful Post:

cricketbattony (08-02-2018), echelon (07-02-2018)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    Try an open image, as these allow more plugins, and try the sky skin, personally I've never tried it, but apparently it looks the same as a sky receiver and you can even set up the EPG.
    I assume you have an internal hard drive, so recording, and playback, should also be fairly simple.

Verified Registered User Jimdefruit's Avatar
    Thanks
    Nothing to do with the VU+ boxes because they are almost by definition enthusiasts boxes. I have a similar setup to yours although the Plasma went **** up and I now have a smart tv Samsung 49" with most bells and whistles. I have tried all the images over the years and I always end up back with the VTI image. It is not updated every few days and has online updates. However, non of the images will be workable for 'er indoors because the box is enigma2 and girlies don't do them. Apologies to the few who do. Just relax and enjoy what is left and give the missus the name of this webite so she can sell the gear rather than bin it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimdefruit For This Useful Post:

doubleudee (08-02-2018)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    Try loading a few kodi options, e.g. Neptune Rising, Genesis Reborn, and Covenant.
    Then show her how to access these, with a few presses of the remote control, and show her what's available, via the search options. Even my parents, who aren't even the least technically adept, can use their kodi device, and are enjoying all the classic movies, and television, as well as some new movies.

Thanks
    Was doing some thinking last night, I'm with BT as a broadband provider and have the hub 5 with unlimited restriction so I'll probably get a tv package with them which will only cost £6 per month extra, I can get one of my boys to do the unplugging of my VU and plug up the BT box into my setup in much the same way, probably have to talk them through it tho.
    All the other stuff to do with the VU box (dishes (1x1mt + 1x1.2mt), motor + moteck box (to move dish) will have to be taken down/dismantled over time as they have their own lives (and places to live, thank f**k - lol), but hopefully I'll post here or get her or one of them too when thats done in case anyone wants it, just concerned in case dish gets moved/bumped out of alignment.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to doubleudee For This Useful Post:

Mickha (08-02-2018)