Thread: Hello

Thanks

Hello

Hi, I have just purchased a Vu+ Solo2 device and I am trying out the various images available. Any advice on where to start wrt having an image which allows for good personalization of the EPG. I am a complete newbie and am looking to understand what I need to do to populate the device with the correct EPG files.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    moved this query from the introduction section, which is only there to introduce yourself, not post questions

welcome to the forum

try blackhole 3.05 (new image from today) for solo2 or try the latest openVIX image (google it)

get a decent "small" usb stick and make sure you format it through the solo2 menu , mount it in those manus as media/usb and use it to stor your epg like crossepg and a picon folder with your picons etc

ideally , fit an internal 2.5inch sata laptop hdd as well, for storing recordings , mp4 files , divx files , mkv files etc too

my VU solo2 is currently running BH3.0.3 and has a 32 gig KINGSTON mini usb (black) plugged in a back usb port and an internal 1Tb sata hdd mounted as media/hdd

read the sticky threads at the top of this vu solo2 help forum too