Thread: HDMI switch/splitter 2 or 3 in, 2 out

Thanks

HDMI switch/splitter 2 or 3 in, 2 out

Hi all,

I can't see any recent posts on this topic and I'm sure things move on apace....

We are a small volunteer run theatre/cinema and switch between showing DVDs and satellite broadcasts. We need a box that will take 2 or 3 HDMI inputs and switch between them duplicating to two outputs (ie both projector and monitor show the same picture). Sound isn't an issue as we only use HDMI sound for the monitor, the main sound system uses optical and coax from the relevant sources and is switched by a Teufel controller. We currently have a splitter that copies the HDMI picture signal to the projector and the monitor but have to swap cables manually all the time, which is a pain. We do use pigtails to minimise wear on the sockets on the equipment.

It would be nice to get away from swapping cables and use a switch of some sort. The key thing is 100% reliability - we did have a switch that did what we needed but was a little flaky and, when the paying public is in, that's not good.

Has anyone any recommendations? Price is a consideration, obviously, but reliability is the critical factor.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Try searching *mazon tey have a selection on there.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maurice View Post
    Try searching *mazon tey have a selection on there.
    Thanks, I did do that before I posted but there's such a wide variety with ten-fold price ranges and tech specs/restrictions covering a pile of stuff that I don't understand.

I did look at this one: KanaaN 4K UltraHD HDMI 4x2 Matrix Switch Splitter (https://www.******.co.uk/dp/B00JAFQ98I/)

It seems to do what I want but reviews are mixed and seem to be by people with complicated domestic setups and not particularly like ours.

This one: LINDY 4 x 4 HDMI 4K Matrix Switch with IR remote (https://www.******.co.uk/LINDY-HDMI-...dp/B018VLPYC8/)

from Lindy - this comes from a brand I know and also seems suitable but is £250 and has no reviews

I thought I might get some pointers from the knowledgeable folks in here.

EDIT: Just found this one on the Lindy site that looks more suitable and at a more reasonable price: Lindy 4x2 HDMI 1.4 10.2G Matrix Switch (No. 38049).

(some links point to a well known retailer - I can't find anything relevant on the site sponsor's pages)
    Last edited by filbert42; 29-01-2018 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Add new option

4. The Following User Says Thank You to filbert42 For This Useful Post:

maurice (29-01-2018)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    try cablesson oxford,sorry i dont have there web address

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mister-t For This Useful Post:

filbert42 (29-01-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert42 View Post
    Thanks, I did do that before I posted but there's such a wide variety with ten-fold price ranges and tech specs/restrictions covering a pile of stuff that I don't understand.

I did look at this one: KanaaN 4K UltraHD HDMI 4x2 Matrix Switch Splitter (https://www.******.co.uk/dp/B00JAFQ98I/)

It seems to do what I want but reviews are mixed and seem to be by people with complicated domestic setups and not particularly like ours.

This one: LINDY 4 x 4 HDMI 4K Matrix Switch with IR remote (https://www.******.co.uk/LINDY-HDMI-...dp/B018VLPYC8/)

from Lindy - this comes from a brand I know and also seems suitable but is £250 and has no reviews

I thought I might get some pointers from the knowledgeable folks in here.

EDIT: Just found this one on the Lindy site that looks more suitable and at a more reasonable price: Lindy 4x2 HDMI 1.4 10.2G Matrix Switch (No. 38049).

(some links point to a well known retailer - I can't find anything relevant on the site sponsor's pages)
    Hi - I have had a Lindy 38049 in my domestic configuration for about three years and can recommend it. Works very well. Just be careful not to accidentally move the dip-switches on the front right as I did just recently!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kenny For This Useful Post:

filbert42 (29-01-2018)

Thanks
    I use these, they work really well, had one for about 2 yrs, still going strong

Code:
    https://www.am....co.uk/Splitter-Xbox360-Blu-ray-Camcorder-Satellite-1X2/dp/B00LM4IJ60
    I use two in series going to different av amps, projector, 2nd tv

If your running a projector and you need to extract audio, these work well

Code:
    https://www.am.....co.uk/gp/product/B01GH4MEYC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These all work well , together with a basic HDMI switcher, not tried 4k

10. The Following User Says Thank You to okia For This Useful Post:

filbert42 (03-02-2018)