Thread: Icecrypt S6600HD: prob. with sep. tuners with different satellites

Thanks

Icecrypt S6600HD: prob. with sep. tuners with different satellites

In our theatre, we have an S6600HD - which has two tuners. With a previous example of this model, we had Tuner 1 connected to the dish pointing at Thor 10-02 (for live broadcasts from, eg, the Royal Opera House) and Tuner 2 connected to a dish pointing to Astra (for BBC broadcasts). This worked well and we just picked the channel we wanted from the normal list.

The problem came when it started misbehaving (unconnected to the Tuners) and we had it replaced (with an identical model). Now I can't get the tuners to work in the same way. I can't remember exactly what I did with the old box but I was guided through it by Icecrypt support. Now, as they are no longer around, I'm trying to do it from memory and following the manual. Here is what I have done:

1) In Dish Settings, set Tuner Connection to separate.
    2) Still in dish settings, set Tuner 1 to Thor and Sky News frequency, Tuner 2 to Astra and BBC.
    3) Went to Service Search and set mode to manual, chose Tuner 1 and set the Sky News frequency. Did a search and found Sky News, Al Jazera, etc.
    4) Exited to main menu and checked that Sky News, etc, were coming through OK.
    5) Went back to Service Search and set mode to manual, chose Tuner 2, satellite to Astra and set the BBC frequency.
    6) Did a search and found something like 9 channels.
    7) Said cancel to the invitation to save to another tuner (have also tried the OK option with same result).
    8) Exited to main channel list and the 9 BBC services were listed but there was no sign of the Thor services, they'd been overwritten or otherwise lost.
    9) Select, eg, BBC 1 HD and wait. Get message 'No signal Tuner 1' (when it should be looking on Tuner 2).

I have tried several times and always had the same result - searching for BBC channels on Tuner 2 overwrites the Thor channels and, despite having found them on Tuner 2, it always tries to look for them on Tuner 1 and not Tuner 2. I can't find any way of switching tuners - it is, I gather from speaking to the tech support guy previously, supposed to be automatic.

Can anyone suggest where I'm going wrong?

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    With an Opera today, a priority is a working system on Thor/10-02. Perform a factory reset and follow the instructions in your tuning guide for this production. Call your helpline for advice as soon as the test starts if you are still having problems. (I'm away on holiday at the moment and nowhere near a receiver to offer help)
    Good luck

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DJSat79 View Post
    With an Opera today, a priority is a working system on Thor/10-02. Perform a factory reset and follow the instructions in your tuning guide for this production. Call your helpline for advice as soon as the test starts if you are still having problems. (I'm away on holiday at the moment and nowhere near a receiver to offer help)
    Good luck
    Thanks for that - it's not tuning in to Thor that's the issue. That works. What we want to do is be able to switch between Thor and Astra so that we can show occasional BBC programmes without having to disconnect and reconnect the dish cables. We could do that before we swapped out the box. It would automatically select Tuner for the programmes selected from the channel list. This box won't do that. I really miss the very helpful Icecrypt tech support line!

It's not that urgent as Wimbledon is the next BBC event that I'm aware of that we'll want to show.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    never used your box but bear in mind that tuner 2 should be set to astra 2 (not astra) which comes from 28.2 east (whilst tuner 1 is on thor at 0.8 west)

once setup correctly, if you selected a thor channel it should switch to tuner 1 and for bbc1 HD etc it would switch to tuner 2

so when you said astra, there are several "astra"s and you should ensure that you have selected the one at 28.2 east

Thanks
    Yes, thanks. We are using the correct Astra satellite and, when I scan, I get 9 channels found (inc BBC HD and CBBC). The problem is that is *doesn't* switch automatically from Tuner 1 to Tuner 2. Having found the 9 channels, if I select one of them, it looks for it on Tuner 1, which (unsurprisingly) it doesn't find.

It also seems to lose the Thor channels as they no longer appear in the channel list. See screenshots attached

Frustrating!
    Attached Files Attached Files

favershamcinema
    Hi Guys, newbie here so please bear with me.
    We have an Icecrypt S6600 receiver at our cinema on Intelsat 10-02

I just don't seem to be able to tune it in to any live broadcast.

I've got 17 channels which the system "finds" and I have discovered they are all on 12380 ?

If i try to add the details for a live broadcast, no signal is found etc....

I have tried adding CNN News or BBC world service and again, cannot be found.

What am i doing wrong?
    Sorry, only had this a few days and i've been all over the instruction book....

Thanks guys
    Peter

Thanks
    Make sure you set to manual tuning and choose 10-02, not 10-02C. If you enter the correct frequency and symbol rate, it should find the broadcast - while it's being transmitted, of course. Try Skynews as that's on 10-02 as well. I'm away atm and can't look up the settings but google will find them.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to filbert42 For This Useful Post:

favershamcinema
    Hi There,
    thank you for your reply.
    I have got the figures for Sky News and will try that when i get to the cinema on Thursday.
    I think the problem is i am trying to tune a production in when there is no broadcast so of course it will not find it.
    thank you for your help, i'll post how i get on
    Peter

favershamcinema
    Hi,
    i've added sky news 12418 v 28000
    and the system tells me it cannot be found..
    i've got republika? tv thou....
    we are deffo on Thor 10-02
    Any ideas guys?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    I can only find a TV Republika on 13E, according to K o S.
    Can you please post some details of the channels you have scanned in.
    Code:
    https://www.lyngsat.com/Thor-5-6-7-and-Intelsat-10-02.html

favershamcinema
    Mickha, hi.
    this is what i have on screen:

Spektrum home
    Sat 1.0W - Thor 5/6 intelsat 10-02
    TP 12380 V 28000
    PID 629 /862/629
    DiGi TV

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Digi is a package, on 0.8W, but there is no Digi TV on 12380 V 30000, please check the links:
    Code:
    https://www.lyngsat.com/packages/Digi.html
    Code:
    https://www.lyngsat.com/Thor-5-6-7-and-Intelsat-10-02.html
    Can you please try and find some FTA, Free to Air, channels, and note the logo, and the channel details, frequency, Polarity, S/R,(Symbol Rate).

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

echelon (18-05-2018)

favershamcinema
    Mickha,
    I have got an engineer coming as none of this makes sense,
    I have been lead to beleive our LNB may need changing.
    Again today I have 100% signal, 93% quality.
    If i go to add sky News on the system manually
    I type in the frequency 12418, vertical, but as soon as I add 28000 for symbol, the signal and quality drop to 0%
    I'll keep you posted.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Personally I'm not sure your dish is aligned to 1W, a simple, FTA, Free To Air scan, on all frequencies, will confirm if your dish is pointing at 1W.
    You are using DVB-S and not DVB-S2, when trying to scan in Sky News?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

echelon (18-05-2018)

favershamcinema
    Mickha,
    I will go and go a FTA scan shortly and see what comes up
    I have no idea about DVB-S etc... i cannot say I have noticed it has come up on any scan etc.
    I'll grab the instruction book !