Thread: Help with connection

Thanks

Help with connection

All was working fine. . . thanks to some great advice on here! Now I cannot get a channel to clear (paid). Somehow I am connected to my router because it says so both ends at the router and the spider box. My key is also connected. Can anyone solve this for me?
    P1040474.JPG
    Capture.PNG

Thank you in advance

Thanks
    Had similar issues all day yesterday Eventually left turned the router off for 10 mins and rebooted and all worked again.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mumbles For This Useful Post:

echelon (21-01-2018), Tombat (21-01-2018)

Thanks
    I tried that but I'm going out now so will turn it off for the duration. thank you

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    when you switch it back on , check the NETWORKING and see if your line or lines show a solid green roundel and the number of cards connected , or not

I know that there seems to be a problem in cccam where the green roundel on the right flashes on and off with no cards (zero cards) shown

I have not been able to work out why newcamd works ok but the cccam intermittently fails this way, but its happened on several spider 6000 boxes that I know of (possibly others too if they use cccam v2.14 or older)

these issues do not seem to happen if using VU boxes with cccam v2.30 or oscam , nor on the Zgemma boxes either , possibly other E2 boxes may also work fine

of course your issue may not have anything to do with these troubles I mention, but recently its given me a headache trying to narrow down the issue that I am seeing with family spiderbox 6000 boxes

also check your website details and login name and passwords are absolutely identical to what you have been given, no spurious spaces etc, plus check the port number is exactly as it should be (5 digits)

Thanks
    Thank you again! I only use an I** key and it seems to be accepted. I wonder if it is the 'box' end or could it be my router settings? My router say it's connected but does that mean all aspects are operational? I had a new phone set up delivered on Friday and as they are voip activated, I had to let a BT technician remote access to my hub settings, after which I had no connection but when I took out the leads and left it for a while it says it is now connected!?
    How about if I go from auto to manual in 'NETWORK SETTINGS' and put in the ip details and if I do should it be my provider ip or my box ip?
    Or maybe a factory re-set on the box and hope it will auto connect for me again?
    Sorry about all the questions!P1040477.JPG
    Last edited by Tombat; 22-01-2018 at 02:38 PM.

Thanks
    if DHCP is set to AUTO then the router should allocate a local lan IP to the box , this IP can vary from router to router

the box never uses the internet allocation IP provided by your provider , it only uses the main router IP to login and use an IP which is either manually allocated to the box by the router (DHCP) or a manual IP where you put all the details in yourself

these IP addresses may well be different than the previous router , so turning the spiderbox off and back on and having DHCP turned on should mean the router sorts it out for you , automatically

for example , the router may be on 192.168.0.1

and the box may be allocated say 192.168.0.2 ( or 3 , or 4 , or 5 etc depending how many devices are logged onto your router)

some routers may use a different IP address , like 192.168.0.254 , or 192.168.1.1 etc , so the box will follow the router allocation pattern

if doing it yourself , the router IP address is the primary address , but the boxes must all be filled in correctly

if I K S says it is connected and if you can use the internet from the spiderbox, then its fine , plus the fact that your picture shows IKS connected with an expiry date in the future also means its fine

Thanks
    Thank you for your time and excellent advice Echelon. . . always appreciated!
    As my previous box had an issue with accepting the key. . .and this one accepts the key but wont interact with the hub, I phoned my provider to make sure all the hub settings allow access. They said all is ok and it must be the settings on the box. I then manually entered the ip details and it 'connected' but without any data going in. It must be bad luck again!!
    I have now resolved to do a factory reset if I can work out how and start over again. If this option fails I will look for a more expensive box and see if I can sort it once and for all.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tombat For This Useful Post:

echelon (23-01-2018)

Thanks
    what IP address is the router ?

can you take a picture of the network settings on the spiderbox, showing its own local ip address and the router primary local IP address (not the broadband provider ip address)

(we dont need to know or want to know the broadband provider details)

try to avoid giving us the broadband ip address, and dont let us see the I K S key either , redact as required

11. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

Tombat (24-01-2018)

Thanks
    Once again, thank you for your kind help. I went on the web and asked how to find my router ip address. I went to'run' 'cmd' ipconfig and was presented with this:
    Capture 22.jpg
    I then went to the box and applied the numbers manually:
    P1040483.JPG
    I am connected but with no signal :(
    P1040484.JPG
    I hope you can help me Echelon and thank you again for all the info. I am learning so much stuff but. . . . . wait! hold on!!! I don't believe it. . . .as I was taking the pictures and writing the post. . . the sound came on and it's started working again
    I will leave the pictures in case they are of interest to anyone else . . .and will make a further small donation to the cause.
    I don't know what Gandalferey you use Echelon but you are a magician. Best regards to you and all who helped
    Last edited by Tombat; 24-01-2018 at 07:23 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Tombat For This Useful Post:

echelon (24-01-2018)

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 812 Posts
    Where and when did you get the spider box ? was it new or used ?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TonyO For This Useful Post:

Tombat (25-01-2018)

Thanks
    Hi TonyO. got it a couple of weeks ago new off the internet. I'm slowly getting to the bottom of this and I believe the issue could be related to my router restricting how many appliances I use. Will try to sort today

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Tombat For This Useful Post:

echelon (25-01-2018)

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 812 Posts
    How do you know its new ? was it from a shop or from an individual pretending to be one ! some peeps buy a box and use it for 10 months then flog it with the gift or sub still working.

This was happening with Bulgarian boxes a few years back.

Thanks
    I believe his current troubles were due to the later admission of the router being changed , hence why I asked for pictures of the router settings

unfortunately the last IP numbers were redacted in red pen (which didnt need to be done for the local IP addresses that start with 192.168.1 , or with the 255 part either)

plus I wanted to know if the internet DNS addressing said 192.168.1 etc or was using the google DNS instead

in any case , he seems to have sorted it out once the router details were done , which does not surpeise me

a typical router address for the LAN that he has is something like

IP -------- 192.168.1.10 (or any number from 2 to 253)
    Netmask - 255.255.255.000
    Gateway - 192.168.1.254
    DNS ------ 192.168.1.254
    MAC--------(this is bespoke and unique to each box - so redactions apply for pics)

as for his "gift"

I believe he has recently paid for his own renewal direct and so is not relying on any "gift" that came with this spiderbox 6000

20. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

Tombat (25-01-2018)

Thanks
    to check if the box is connected to the internet

try the RSS FEEDS in the menu

and try IPTV , USE BLUE BUTTON TO UPDATE and try some SOMALI CHANNELS etc

22. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

Tombat (26-01-2018)

Thanks
    Thank you again Echelon. All is now working I believe there were 3 problems;.
    1. my 6000hd does not show a signal when connected to the net. It made me believe I had no connection. This is not the case and it is working.
    2. my router/hub does not show my box as being connected. apparently this can be the case and my provider confirmed that it doesn't always show!. It is working!
    3. due to high winds my dish may have moved out of sync a fraction and needed to be tweaked.

Having checked all 3 items, I am now up and running and hopefully will not bother you kind people (Echelon especially) ! This is a great forum and the advice is priceless. When funds permit I may upgrade to a better receiver and of course I will ask for advice on here!
    Respect to you all

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Tombat For This Useful Post:

echelon (26-01-2018)