Thread: iptv

Thanks

iptv

hi guys looking some info does anyone know of any good routers that will work for iptv without a landline looking it for a caravan seen a couple like ee 4g router but not sure if it will work or not any sugestions would be great thanks

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Look here for some background on this forum for starters then research a company called solwise they are the best in the game for accessing the internet via 4g network (patriot 4g)
    Broadband/MiFi settings for access to the internet for a stb.
    You need a data only sim with enough allowance on it to stream. Streaming hd tv is very data hungry so do your sums otherwise it will gost you dear

Thanks
    ok thanks for the help

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I would also say that the solwise route is the top end solution for sure but you may get away with a cheaper solution using a mifi device. I have done this for the past 3 years for C/S work but since that has died off I'm now looking to upgrade the kit for streaming.
    My daufgter does it this way for streaming footy via a fire stick and a mifi device very well its all down to how good your 4g coverage is on your caravan site. Do a coverage checker first before you choose a provider then work the best deal for your allowance needs.
    If you go down the mifi route get one that enables you to attach an external aerial as this will improve things no end (caravans being a metal box does not help)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    I used to have a mifi which worked ok but is limited with the number of devices connected at any one time which is important if you have a number of phones TV or even a laptop.
    I now use the netgear aircard ac785 for IPTV with good results. You can fit an aerial but not found it necassary. It is unlocked and can be used in euorpe and allows upto 15 devices

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    I used to have a mifi which worked ok but is limited with the number of devices connected at any one time which is important if you have a number of phones TV or even a laptop.
    I now use the netgear aircard ac785 for IPTV with good results. You can fit an aerial, I bought one but found it not necassary when l have used the aircard (depends on nertwork and location). It is unlocked and can be used in euorpe and allows upto 15 devices
    Last edited by valparra; 05-02-2018 at 10:08 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to valparra For This Useful Post:

geoffh (06-02-2018)