Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for Black Hole Image for Ultimo 4K

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    Because I have the older VU+ Duo2 I'm using older Oscam files, 11233 and 8359.

Thanks
    And do they use any oscam config files apart from oscam.server?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,863 Times in 2,251 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny View Post
    OK, sorry - although it appears to me that none of the Conax channels on 1W are clearing on the Ultimo 4k with oscam, specifically Cmore Sport (ditto 1 & 2), 6'Eren,
    TV2 Sport, TV2 Sportkanal, NRK1, Kanal5 and Kanal9 all clear without a hitch on the Duo2, yet not on the Ultimo 4k.
    All the above opens for me with my Ultimo4K and oscam 11397

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CokeAddict View Post
    All the above opens for me with my Ultimo4K and oscam 11397
    Could you tell me which image you're running, whether you have tailored the oscam config files (other than oscam.server) and where you found version 11397 for dowload? Cheers!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    OBH 4.1 (will also be fine with BH 3.0.5 though as the image has nothing to do with which channels open).

Oscam configs are the same as i've been using for the last 7+ years, so nothing special.

Code:
    http://download.oscam.cc/index.php?action=downloadfile&filename=os******vn11397-armV7-webif-Distribution.tar.gz&directory=1.20_TRUNK/armV7&

Thanks
    Thanks for the link - I'll give this version a whirl. Perhaps you could also send me your oscam config files (naturally blanking out anything sensitive). I've never used oscam before, so am unsure if I need to tailor any of them other than .server). This anomaly I appear to have with the conax channels is really bugging me........

Thanks
    I'm not sure if I've done the right thing with this webif file. I had previously installed oscam ipk via the BH menu, so wasn't sure what to do here.....so I ftp'd the oscam binary to /var/bin, overwriting the one that was there. However, when I look at my softcams via the blue button - I don't see version 11397, so I'm a bit confused.

Thanks
    Thought I would profit from a snowy day to try and get to the bottom of my problem.

I installed Open BH, but am still unsure how to install the emu in "webif-Distribution.tar.gz" format. So far, I have always used the addons manager with a .ipk file.
    So I installed another oscam from a .ipk file. I noticed then that no /var/tuxbox/config directory was created, so I created this manually and updloaded the various oscam. config files. But these files did not appear to be read by oscam, since when I looked via webif - there were NO readers. I don't think I did anything wrong, because I then reverted to BH_3.0.5, and all was back to normal......apart from the fact that I cannot clear most of the Conax channels on 1W. In addition......for some reason the system time on my Ultimo (which I guess it picks up from the Internet) - is stuck on the Unix start time of Jan 1st 1970........ any further help is gratefully accepted!

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    I would start from scratch, move your dish to 0.8W, load Open Black Hole, or Black Hole, without using any back ups, and during installation set your dish up as fixed, on 0.8W, and allow the receiver to scan in the channels.
    Next FTP your Oscam file, install it, and then select it, using the Blue shortcut button.
    Next load your Oscam files in Var, etc, Tuxbox, Configs, and then check if any of the channels are opening.
    If not try a test line, make up new Oscam files, and FTP them to your receiver.
    Please report back with updates.
    .tgz files are for black hole, which is why you have 2 options, in installation, for .ipk packages or black hole packages.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny View Post
    Thought I would profit from a snowy day to try and get to the bottom of my problem.

I installed Open BH, but am still unsure how to install the emu in "webif-Distribution.tar.gz" format. So far, I have always used the addons manager with a .ipk file.
    So I installed another oscam from a .ipk file. I noticed then that no /var/tuxbox/config directory was created, so I created this manually and updloaded the various oscam. config files. But these files did not appear to be read by oscam, since when I looked via webif - there were NO readers. I don't think I did anything wrong, because I then reverted to BH_3.0.5, and all was back to normal......apart from the fact that I cannot clear most of the Conax channels on 1W. In addition......for some reason the system time on my Ultimo (which I guess it picks up from the Internet) - is stuck on the Unix start time of Jan 1st 1970........ any further help is gratefully accepted!
    The files don't go in var/tuxbox/config, they go in /etc/tuxbox/config/

The oscam binary goes in /usr/bin

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickha View Post
    I would start from scratch, move your dish to 0.8W, load Open Black Hole, or Black Hole, without using any back ups, and during installation set your dish up as fixed, on 0.8W, and allow the receiver to scan in the channels.
    Next FTP your Oscam file, install it, and then select it, using the Blue shortcut button.
    Next load your Oscam files in Var, etc, Tuxbox, Configs, and then check if any of the channels are opening.
    If not try a test line, make up new Oscam files, and FTP them to your receiver.
    Please report back with updates.
    .tgz files are for black hole, which is why you have 2 options, in installation, for .ipk packages or black hole packages.
    Thanks for your reply - so are you saying that a .tgz file is actually ".tar.gz" ? So I should just copy the file to /tmp and use the
    install bh packages option in the yellow menu?

Re starting from scratch,that's basically what I have done. I installed from scratch - haven't used any backups..... you must admit
    that it's weird that clines that work on my Duo2 don't clear exactly the same channels via oscam on the ultimo4k. Perhaps I should
    experiment with oscam on the duo2.

Unfortunately the snow has currently blocked all access to 1W and so I'll have to wait till tomoorow to clear it and continue!

Thanks
    The files don't go in var/tuxbox/config, they go in /etc/tuxbox/config/

The oscam binary goes in /usr/bin
    Sorry - of course you are correct - typo on my part.....I've done so many iterations today, I don't know my own name anymore.........

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    You also don't install the .tgz just open it with winrar (or similar) and pull the oscam binary out of it, and overwrite the one in /usr/bin

Thanks
    You also don't install the .tgz just open it with winrar (or similar) and pull the oscam binary out of it, and overwrite the one in /usr/bin
    Which is actually what I did.....and when it didn't fix the problem, I guessed I'd done the wrong thing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12