Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nearly there !!

Thanks

Nearly there !!

Firstly thanx to all for the help I've had so far.
    Basically my HD9000 would not accept my I*S key so I didn't know if it was the box or my network connection. So I got a new 6000HD and from reading all the set up help on here I now have the dish moving to each sat position and I added one or two of my own tp's and I am getting used to it. I may go for a more expensive kit in the future but for now can anyone help please????

1) I don't have 25.5 listed and don't know how to add it. ?

2) I can delete a tp but is there any way to delete an individual channel ?

3) how do I add to favourites ?
    There is a 'fav' button on the remote but when I press it I go to someone else's favourite from where I got the channel list.

There will be more 'how to's' but if anyone can help with these I would be very much obliged as the hand book is useless!
    Last edited by Tombat; 27-12-2017 at 04:40 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tombat View Post
    1) I don't have 25.5 listed and don't know how to add it ?

2) I can delete a tp but is there any way to delete an individual channel ?
    1) try menu/installation/sat/tp manager

go to a free sat position at the bottom and try adding 25.5 east to the list. if successful use the menu and satellite settings to tick the newly created 25.5e (my list says its full so I cannot add a new satellite when I try it)

2) yes, MENU/CHANNEL/TV CHANNEL EDITOR , yellow button for delete , use DELETE SELECT , then select one or more channels to delete , then exit and save

use the red EDIT button if you are wanting to move them around in order to reorder the list too

3) use the TV CHANNEL EDITOR , select the channel you want to add to a favourite number , press the FAV button and choose the fav number you want to add it to by using the left/right buttons and ok , this will add it to your chosen group of that fav number, so move to 5 and press ok if you want to add it to fav group 5 (I think), exit and save - rinse and repeat for any others

3. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

Tombat (27-12-2017)

Thanks
    Brilliant !! I added 25.5e to the bottom of the list and ticked it. When I exited and selected it in 'go to' it didn't execute. Should I scan it somehow? The Tv chennel editor worked a treat and I found the 'fav' button in there also many thanx for all your help

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi How are you moving the dish- USALS or 1.2. Also what size dish do you have as some satellites cannot be picked up if dish is too small....USALS is auto ie GOTO sats and 1.2 is manual position find and save option. Regards

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KARABANGA For This Useful Post:

Tombat (28-12-2017)

Thanks
    Hi There. . .sorry for late reply. My new dish I believe is .90 and on usals. I will play a bit more and see how I go but cheers for the response!

Thanks
    if you are in the UK I will be very surprised if you can get 25.5 east

that is one of the reasons it is not in the channel lists

Thanks
    26 e i can receive many of the channels with 90 gib dish in tyne and wear

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi With a 90cm dish you should pick up all satellites available to the UK but not all channels from some satellites ...good luck with USALS..... Regards

Thanks
    Really annoyed now!! I can't get the box to turn on. . . .the standby light just goes from red to green every 2 seconds! shall I bin the box?? :(

Thanks
    does it do this even with the lnb cable disconnected ?

if it doesnt , you may have a fault on the lnb coaxial cable

if it does the same with no cables connected, try using the repair kit and reprogram the spiderbox

these boxes will do weird things if you exceed the maximum number of channels and/or transponders
    they cannot accept as many as your old box , so stay within the limits

13. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

Tombat (30-12-2017)

Thanks
    Always use channel editor to edit frequencies or satellites stops the box from crashing

Thanks
    Thx guys. . .took out the lnb cable and still the same. Only had it a week so will try to return it. maybe I will ask about investing in a good easy to use model next.

Thanks
    What size dish have you got because 25.5 east is not available unless you live at jodrell bank

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satpaul View Post
    What size dish have you got because 25.5 east is not available unless you live at jodrell bank
    could be he is located in the 25.5 footprint outside of the uk

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi What happened to the 26 east satellite which is still available to the UK as far as i am aware...although channels are less than they use to be.....Regards

Thanks
    apologies to you all. Tried without the dish connected. . still no change. So i sent it back to where I got it from and will await my refund!
    So. . .with respect and admin permission I will post a new thread asking for advice before I get a new box. Happy new year to you all and thanks

Thanks
    Hi again to you all!
    I'm still 'nearly there!!' The problem I have is setting up the motor to find the sats. I have read carefully the advice given on here but can't get my head round it.
    I have the patch/key/ethernet all working and accepted. I have done this:
    Go to Menu / Sat Settings, scroll down the left hand list and click OK to select all the Sats you want to scan, this will give them a tick.
    Right arrow across, scroll down to Motor, right arrow to select ‘Diseq/Usals’, OK, Scroll down to Mode, select Drive to Satellite, scroll down to Set Location, OK, Scroll down Set Long then Lat then save, scroll to Go ‘Save Data and run’ thats it.
    It doesn't say Drive to satellite but Go to satellite which I assume is the same. My long/lats are 2.9w and 53.5north and are inputted. When I scroll to Go 'save data'. . .there is no 'run' option and nothing happens!??
    I have came out of this and as per the manual, gone to satellite find, and with all the sats I need ticked, I wait. . . nothing happens!
    Can any of you kind chaps point me in the right direction and I promise to leave you all in peace!!

Thanks
    follow the above instructions and ensure that you have red ticks in all the sats you require

go to the right hand side and ensure it reads

SATELLITE - name given or whatever
    LNB - 9750/10600
    Diseqc 1.0/1.1 - NONE
    Uncommitted - NONE
    22K Tone - ON
    Polarity - 13v/18v
    Motor - Diseqc1.2/Usals
    Unicable - none

then go to the Motor option bottom right and press ok

Mode = Go to satellite

Go to the bottom right options of SET LOCATION AND PRESS OK , CHOOSE manual

then input your longitude as 0029 and then choose west

then input your latitude as 0535 and then choose north

then down to SAVE and save data

THIS MEANS YOUR DETAILS AND LOCATION ARE SAVED

at this point you have no channsl in your list I assume ? (so no preloaded list ?)

if you have no channels listed then the box is empty and the satellites need to be scanned in

as I have never done this part I cannot help you , because I have always loaded premade lists like a compass list

so all I do is press the sat button and choose a sat and the motor moves to it and usually loads the first channel in its list for that position

however, if you have NO channels on your box , I would assume you now go from the blank screen into the menu , Installation and choose Automatic sat scan , the second option down

bear in mind that you will not want to be scanning several or a dozen satellites or more because this may exceed the maximum number of transponders and/or maximum number of channels allowed on your box , so maybe 3 or 4 of the popular sats only , like say 13e + 19e + 28.2e for example

press the SAT button on the remote if you wish to go to a particular satellite , and select the one you want

do not worry about "bothering us", that is why the forum is here , we will help if we know what you must do next , or if we have done it previously

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

Aldo (09-01-2018), Tombat (09-01-2018)

Thanks
    Thank you Echelon. I will follow your instructions with a trial later and report back. Before I start I am going through all the elements and I have noticed that my longitude is 'minus' 2.9. . . ie -2.9 ! How do I enter this or is it still the same as you indicated?
    thank you and kind regards

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Tombat For This Useful Post:

echelon (10-01-2018)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,361 Times in 1,403 Posts
    negative longitude readings = West, positive = East, so you enter 2.9W

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

echelon (10-01-2018), Tombat (10-01-2018)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast