Thread: Spiderbox HD6000 Problem

Thanks

Question Spiderbox HD6000 Problem

Hi got a problem with my [SpiderBox HD6000] working fine, tried to delete a satellite, already deleted 28.2 successfully next I tried just re booted and
    all am getting Red on for 7 seconds, to Green for 7 seconds repeatedly but will not fire up. Any suggestions but the obvious [Scrap it] would be grateful
    Thanking in advance --- rioseco.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi Check if LNB cable is playing up...i had this before. Switch off receiver and remove LNB cable then turn it on and see what happens...If it still keeps switching off and on you have a memory problem and need to reflash the box using RS232 cables and PC etc. Regards

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KARABANGA For This Useful Post:

echelon (27-12-2017), rioseco (27-12-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KARABANGA View Post
    Hi Check if LNB cable is playing up...i had this before. Switch off receiver and remove LNB cable then turn it on and see what happens...If it still keeps switching off and on you have a memory problem and need to reflash the box using RS232 cables and PC etc. Regards
    Hi my friend solved it with the RS232 Cable and an old Laptop. So thanks very much for your input. Sorry for the delay had wait to get the old laptop up and running. Hope you had a great Xmas, and all the very best for the New Year. ------ rioseco

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rioseco For This Useful Post:

echelon (27-12-2017)

Thanks
    Hi Guys and Girls just a foot note to my Problem, I have just had solved. It was pointed out the reason for the problem was[ I deleted the the channel and probably the
    transponder. It was on. So when the box rebooted it could not find it] ??? Also My Son, did not use the old Laptop as I thought, he used Windows 10 with with a lead USB-on one and RS232 on the other end hope this be of some use to a member. HAPPY NEAR TO ALL rioseco

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi I dont think its to do with you deleting a transponder..its a bug with these boxes as i have had it on a number of different boxes . It tends to occur whenever you delete unwanted satellites from the list or deleting transponders. The box would switch itself off and then continuos reboots without loading ..i suspect the memory gets corrupted for some reason and you will have to reflash the box using the RS232 method as you have done. Regards

8. The Following User Says Thank You to KARABANGA For This Useful Post:

rioseco (28-12-2017)

Thanks
    Hi I dont think its to do with you deleting a transponder..its a bug with these boxes as i have had it on a number of different boxes . It tends to occur whenever you delete unwanted satellites from the list or deleting transponders. The box would switch itself off and then continuos reboots without loading ..i suspect the memory gets corrupted for some reason and you will have to reflash the box using the RS232 method as you have done. Regards
    Hi KARABANGA. Yes you could be correct, but it did not go off,!!!!! it did not reboot,!!!!! the box was alive and looking for something, the fact it was left to run for some time 45 minutes or so. jumping from red to green every 7 seconds, my son commented that this is strange it is not rebooting. After contacting a colleague [We could not get the old laptop to respond re RS232]. So he suggested a reflash via Windows10, has I said in my thanks to you. Once again many thanks. But as my son said it is handy to know you don't need an old Laptop to reboot SpiderBox 6000. ----- rioseco ------

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi...Thanks for the compliments...i think you find that your box was rebooting itself because it was going from red to green all the time...After green the box should load the software ie channels and menus etc..a bit like a laptop looking for Windows files to load operating system..Thats why you need to reflash it to reinstall the software.. I use Windows XP with the Hyper Terminal program and RS232 cables and it works a treat everytime...Its nice to know that Windows 10 can also be used to reflash the boxes.. Regards

Thanks
    Hi...Thanks for the compliments...i think you find that your box was rebooting itself because it was going from red to green all the time...After green the box should load the software ie channels and menus etc..a bit like a laptop looking for Windows files to load operating system..Thats why you need to reflash it to reinstall the software.. I use Windows XP with the Hyper Terminal program and RS232 cables and it works a treat everytime...Its nice to know that Windows 10 can also be used to reflash the boxes.. Regards
    Hi,Your input is always welcome. I have taken everything on board and it great to have someone to rely on. All the very best for the New Year to you and yours.
    rioseco

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi We can always learn from each other...thats why forums like this are like entertainment..full of varieties. Happy New Year also to you and your family and to everybody living on this planet.....Regards.