Thread: New receiver box required

Thanks

New receiver box required

Hi All,

I started out on my satellite journey about 9 years ago in search of EPL coverage. I have a 1.2 metre motorised dish and a 1.9m battered prime focus dish. On the motorised setup I initially started with a Technomate 5400 USB (SD only + +Diablo CAM) and then moved onto a Spiderbox 7000 HD with 'gift'. I got fed up with the picture blackouts on Saturday afternoons and moved onto official subs for 16'E & 4.8'E. However, I didn't renew them this season and i was thinking of relooking at the motorised set up.

My spiderbox is dead. We had a power cut about six months ago and when the power came back on the dish turn to the full extent east and it seemed to screw up the spider box itself as there is a grainy picture,it is no longer controlling the dish motor and keeps switching itself off. In any case i probably haven't used the spiderbox properly in 5 years.

As i have been out of the game for so long can i get some advice/recommendations on what is now available in term of a receiver box. I would want something relatively straightforward and I don't want to be patching it every week (if that still happens!). It would need to be able to power a motorised dish. I am not interested in S-l-y as i have an official sub there anyway. I would be interested in the EPL not shown on on UK TV e.g. 0.8'W, 13'E, 16'E etc. I did like my original technomate as it was easy to use and had a really sensitive tuner and was able to clear weak signals- but perhaps that is yesterday's tech! Are there any boxes that an official Vi@s@t card would clear in?

Any advice would be very welcome!!

Thanks

Thanks
    any VU+ from Goldwafers,.......my Solo2 has been running pefectly for years
    _https://www.goldwafers.co.uk/Vu-Vuplus/

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dark Cloud For This Useful Post:

echelon (08-12-2017)

Thanks
    Thanks for that. Can the card slot be used with any official cards? e.g. Vi@sat? Also regarding the 'image installation service' can someone explain what i would get with that. PM me if that would be better.

Thanks
    Cards will work with the right configuration unless their providers have implemented pairing that has not yet been cir***vented. Would urge anyone to check compatibility before committing to anything if using a card is the paramount priority.

Code:
    h**p://www.streamboard.tv/oscam/wiki/CardsList