Thread: Technomate 5402 M3 / Intelsat 907

Thanks

Technomate 5402 M3 / Intelsat 907

Hi and good wishes everyone!!

I have a Technomate 5402 M3 in my property in Southern Spain using Intelsat 907 for UK channels, I would like to add another same Technomate receiver (Twin LNB installed )for use in another room but not sure how complicated it would be to set up?? Is it just a case of transferring the channels from the existing box to a USB then uploading to new box or is it more complicated than that ?? If anyone can help me with an 'idiots 'guide I would be very grateful. The original istallation was Nov 1974.

Regards

Pedro

Thanks
    Thanked 1,955 Times in 1,266 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedromacapa View Post
    Hi and good wishes everyone!!

I have a Technomate 5402 M3 in my property in Southern Spain using Intelsat 907 for UK channels, I would like to add another same Technomate receiver (Twin LNB installed )for use in another room but not sure how complicated it would be to set up?? Is it just a case of transferring the channels from the existing box to a USB then uploading to new box or is it more complicated than that ?? If anyone can help me with an 'idiots 'guide I would be very grateful. The original istallation was Nov 1974.

Regards

Pedro
    Think you've answered your own question mate - I back up my Channel List daily to a USB stick on my M3, so if you have another in another room, yes simply back up and load to new M3!
    Suppose you realise you can use rf out from an M3 to 'pipe' it through to another room, without needing another box?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to holmroad For This Useful Post:

Barney (02-12-2017), saintomer1866 (02-12-2017)

Thanks
    Thank you for your response, since posting the question ( in the wrong place !! ) I was advised that I would have to 'Patch the box' to access to the 8280 menu to enable the Biss code to be entered. Would this be included in the 'back up' of the existing box along with the channel info? I was also advised that the software version on the new box may differ from the original box, (purchased and installed Nov. 2014 ) and that it may not be compatible with the back up. I an very aware that there are people out there that just love to make things more complicated than they are !! As I don't have internet access in my home in Spain just trying to sort it out before I go in January.

Regards

Pedro

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi There are a number of ways to update your box with latest channels. You can copy your channel list to USB and then transfer it to your second box (assuming both boxes are compatible). You can also do a blind scan on selected satellite(s). I personally would use the blind scan option because if you have channels missing in the first box the blind scan will pick them up so long as the dish is aligned correctly. Regarding the BISS keys you can enter them manually via the BISS menu which is found in System Information or typing 8280 i believe. You can also download keys via softcams to USB and then copy to receiver in USB menu. You will of course need correct Phantom patch for it to work. Regards

Thanks
    Hi, thank you for your input, I know that my existing box has all the available channels that I need, regarding the patch I saw in one of the threads to use patch 139 but when I went to download it my anti virus software did not like it so I didn't. Don't know if the patch installed on the existing box can be backed up onto a USB along with the channels ?? Or do I just use the latest patch ??

Thanks
    Thanked 4,249 Times in 2,030 Posts
    146p is latest patch from last year 2016
    Phantompatch-01-11-2016-TM5402-M3_146p.stb

i would not advise buying another Technomate receiver however , Since none of them whatsoever are supported
    Technomate stopped supporting all of their Recievers over a year ago
    even minor issues like Hardstation does not get fixed anymore, in short Technomate are a waste of time and space
    your better off looking for a modern receiver that does see a lot of support like VU+ Range
    at least you'll get value for money : )