Thread: sky broadband problems once again

Thanks

Icon8 sky broadband problems once again

dropouts and speed down to 2.5 mb, called sky yesterday ,they washed the line and got speed back to 4.6m ,today dropped out few times and speeddown to 2.4m, pings are 460 , from router .yesterday,line down noise 12db ,,,, after washing ....5db .......today 11.9db...and all my calls /engineers are in bulgarea.....cannot speak to uk call centre ,tried six different sky numbers and every time a bulgarian call centre....

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    If you are certain the problem isn't at your end, faulty ADSL Filter, or damaged line, then insist on an Openreach call out, to check all your connections. They will charge you if they find the fault in your home, but they have to pay if the fault is elsewhere.
    I had a similar problem, with my phone/broadband, when with TalkTalk, noise on the telephone line and random drop outs, on internet connection, especially after heavy rain, and in the winter.
    After numerous complaints, and visits, from Open Reach engineers, all of them agreed that the problem wasn't at my end, but couldn't locate the problem, eventually a more experienced engineer visited, brought the correct diagnostic computer, and within minutes knew where the problem was.
    He went to the nearby box, found a corroded connection, repaired it, and I have had no problems since.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

echelon (28-11-2017), JOE.MADDISON (29-11-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    have we not been down this road before ?

a faulty openreach line is the usual culprit , but you have to get sky to involve openreach

as mentioned above, it may be chargeable if openreach find nothing wrong

when I had a similar issue several years ago , it was the line and they eventually traced it to the pair of wires from the exchange to the green cabinet , known as the E side , this was noisy and so they changed it to a good , QUIET pair of wires and its been fine ever since

no charge was made due to the fault being a noisy E side

usually its on the D side or the dropwire etc , so from the green cabinet to the master socket , mine bucked the trend

5. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

JOE.MADDISON (29-11-2017)

Thanks
    try weq4u , saves you waiting forever and hammering your minutes.

Thanks
    yes (e) last december,no phone ,broadband at 0.5mb.on off on off number of days ,2 different openreach visits,they know the ug cables are in a bad way, were going to renew the ug cable,someone marked the pavement with yellow paint and dirrection arrows,since then nothing and paint has gone,number of people in street have had loss of service,and the jb at base of pole is near my house and i dread an openreach engineer going into box ,as a few times lately when they fixed someone elses line,mine went off a i caught the engineer in time and got my service restored , last time i had to loan the engineer a stanley knife to cut the cable sheath back to the ground to get an inch of wire to remake connections,,also along the road he found the cables were pulling back out of the u/g jb and reclamped them....bur now it all starting or stopping services once again.

Thanks

Icon8

(m) last time i had two different openreach enginers,the first one did not fix it . had to report it a second time ,a different openreach engineer,was high tech with meters etc,found fault ,traced it,fixed the fault,changed pairs ,took about 4 hours,and said the first engineer was.. ******!!***
    Last edited by JOE.MADDISON; 29-11-2017 at 12:24 PM.