Thread: SB6000 Help to setup a Disecq switch

Verified Registered User
    Thanks

SB6000 Help to setup a Disecq switch

Hi Does anyone know what is the best way to setup a threeway disecq switch to connect a motor and fixed dish to the SB6000...I have installed many motors to this boxes many times without problems but never with a fixed dish and a motor. I have connected fixed dish to port 1 of the switch and port 2 to the motor. problem is when i set port 2 to use motor setting as Disecq/Usals it also sets it to port 1 which i dont want. Likewise if i set port 1 to motor NONE it also puts NONE to port 2. Channels do open on both ports but then i get No Signal message when i swap from one port to the other. My settings are as follows:
    Port 1 - Fixed dish( 1 -4)
    Port 2 - Motor (2-4)
    Middle Port - To receiver
    Any advice appreciated...

Regards

Thanks
    I have only fixed dishes, my sky mini dish at 28e 1 LNB with 4 cable connections. On my larger 80cm dish I have 3 LNB'S for 19e, 13e, and 0.8w . Both dishes go to a 4 to 1 down switch. 13E TO PORT 1, 19E TO PORT 2, 0.8W TO PORT3 and from sky dish 28e to PORT 4.

KARABANGA why are you using both a fixed dish and also motor dish connected to a 2 to 1 down switch ?. Obviously you might have a good reason. But I am thinking if you have a motor dish you will be able to pick up the satellites to which your fixed dish is pointed at. If the motor dish is able to pick up all satellites you would only need one cable down.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to johnhenry For This Useful Post:

KARABANGA (02-11-2017)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi Thanks for your reply. Actually its not for me but one of my friends. I agree with you that the motor on its own would be ideal,,but he likes to watch other satellites and his missus likes to watch italian channels on Hotbird via the fixed dish. They can watch either the fixed dish or motor upstairs or downstairs. If i connect the switch to two fixed dishes then it works fine but this means you are stuck with two satellites only. Am not sure if its a switch problem or receiver problem. Annoying thing is that you cannot switch motor setting off for individual satellites..its either on or off for all satellites including the fixed dish. I will experiment further over the weekend and try different switches and receivers.

Regards.

Thanks
    Just wondered if it might be easier if you came down from each dish ( motor & fixed ) with a cable from each to a two to one manual switch close to receiver, and just switch over by hand to the dish you require to view. By doing this each dish can be set up using the receivers internal switch for the separate LNB'S to set up the ports most receivers give you a choice for fixed dish with multiple LNB'S, or and a motor dish set up.

Thanks
    I had a similar problem a while back.
    https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...l=1#post907429

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Satcat For This Useful Post:

KARABANGA (03-11-2017)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi Its very frustating knowing where the problem lies....the motor moves at times and then does not move. Channels open and then dont open saying no signal although the signal is there...Fixed dish on Hotbird does not open if motor is set to 1.2/USALS. If i turn motor off Hotbird works perfect. I think its the receiver so i am going to try it on a TM5402 over the weekend and see if it works. I have tried three different switches and all giving same problems. Nothing wrong with cables as channels work fine when they open. Another strange thing is that i did a blind scan on 1west using the motor and it tuned in over 700 channels. After the scan completed most channels were saying no signal ...if you turn box off and on the channels come on...very odd.
    Regards