Thread: Dog Fouling?

V.I.P
    Thanks

Dog Fouling?

Anybody know the legality of this?

I don't own a dog - neither does my neighbour - but today there was a large pile of dog poo in next doors front garden, with a swarm of flies around it. As he was out I decided to do him a good turn and get rid of it. I picked it up with a garden shovel, as I was gardening, and threw it into the middle of the road, thinking cars would soon squash it and it would dry out and be carried away. Anyway - almost instantly a neighbour from over the road, who I've never really spoken to before, came running out with her dogs - claiming I was guilty of dog fouling and she was going to report me to Environmental Health! Can you be guilty of such an offence for moving somebody else's mess? Maybe if I'd had time to think I'd have buried it in the soil or something - but there's no way I'm picking up dog mess even with a bag. The only thought I had was to get it out of the garden quick. I half suspect it could be her dog who did it - because there are no other dogs anywhere near by.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    From what i remember dog faeces carries a lot of diseases, some of which are harmful to children, so must be disposed of correctly.
    As a driver I wouldn't want it on my car, so if you see any in future please dispose of it properly.
    Just found an article, and it seems more dangerous you handle the soil, or sand, where the faeces is dumped.
    Code:
    http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Toxocariasis/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Thanks
    Thanked 4,314 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Well unless he/she got video evidence just say nothing to do with you dont have a dog , must have been theirs.

Thanks
    Under the law moving the pooh into the road is classed as fly tipping. My next door neighbour was grassed up and received a police caution for throwing cat pooh from his front lawn into the road which is how I know this.

The hunt hasn't spoken to me since.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nikkas For This Useful Post:

Aldo (09-10-2017), Barney (09-10-2017)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,802 Times in 1,938 Posts
    A bit off topic, but.......

My neighbours cats think my garden is a giant litter tray, every day they sh*t in it and it really ****es me off. I know where the cats come from an I know a good 'choke point' to set a trap or snare up, but I don't like hurting animals as it's not their fault. I should really collect all the crap and post it through my neighbours letter box with a note that it's their crap and not mine.

I'm thinking about programming an arduino with a PIR sensor attached that when tripped starts a pump running from a 12v battery, I was thinking I could put the pump in a drum mixed with water and something foul smelling and connect it via a hose to a garden sprinkler. This is pretty easy for me to do - I just need some ideas about what I can mix with the water that will make the cats smell - but not do any permanent damage to them, any ideas?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mrdude For This Useful Post:

Nikkas (10-10-2017)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    The old stink ****s we had as children used a weak solution of hydrogen sulphide dissolved in water that gave that rotten eggs smell.

It is a long time since I did my chemistry GCE "O" level but from what I remember a bit of sulphuric acid dropped onto some copper or zinc will generate H2S which is soluble in water, if you could have it bubbling through a container with water in it until you got the desired strength of smell to spray on the cats.

Give the recent problems with the nutters spraying people with various acids it may be not as easy to get hold of some for a legitimate purpose now as it used to be though.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandra For This Useful Post:

mrdude (09-10-2017), Nikkas (10-10-2017)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    @Sandra

LOL, H2S is very poisonous and can kill you quite easily, it also damages your sense of smell and has some other side affects on the body. I don't want to injure the cats - I was thinking more like putting rotten meat/veg or something like that in the water to make it smell bad. :-). Thanks for the reply though, even though it was a bit extreme.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrdude For This Useful Post:

JOE.MADDISON (09-10-2017), Nikkas (10-10-2017)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    It doesn't need to be at a high enough concentration to be toxic, otherwise we would see people dropping dead as they cracked open their past their expiry dated eggs for breakfast

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandra For This Useful Post:

Nikkas (10-10-2017)

Thanks

Icon13

cats in the uk are classified as wild animals ,and granted right to roam,any restrictions to their free access or measures stated above can land you in court,dogs however are clasified as domestic/tame animals and dont have the same rights..sandra shame on you,the rspca neads to speak to you..!!!!
    Last edited by JOE.MADDISON; 09-10-2017 at 06:16 PM.

Thanks
    Legally, as you were the last person to come into contact with the faeces, technically you own it and are resposnible for it's safe disposal.
    Same rule for dropping litter. If you find an empty coke can on your lawn that some s***bag has thrown there and you touch it you are then responsible for it and for despositing it in a bin.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to dog-man For This Useful Post:

Nikkas (10-10-2017)

Thanks
    There are ultrasonic devises available to put on your lawn that will keep cats away which can be solar powered .
    Our neighbour had the same problem with a new cat in the area and the owner bought them one which solved the problem.

dog-man is correct in what he has posted.

I had our next door but one neighbour's 2 dogs using our garden to do their business so I set up a camera and VCR then played it back to them --- they are a comical lot around where I live and then called the dog "Videostar" !
    I had collected the poo in some flower pots ,came home drunk one night and launched it in the direction of the next door but one's garden on a shovel .
    Sadly it never made it but got stuck to the side of the next door neighbours wooden shed --- next time I'll put it in the freezer first to make it more aerodynamic !!

CCTV is the answer.

Regards

Thanks
    Thanked 6,189 Times in 1,180 Posts
    CCTV is good answer as will prove who culprit is
    Environmental health at council can put signs up in street to say you can be fined so worth speaking to them
    Do you have neighbourhood wardens in your area?
    I wouldnt throw it in the road as its just moving it from one place to another

We have a dog & if it happens we carry disposable gloves & dog bags to get rid & chuck in bin
    I know its not your fault but by throwing in road will end up upsetting even more people

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE.MADDISON View Post
    cats in the uk are classified as wild animals ,and granted right to roam,any restrictions to their free access or measures stated above can land you in court,dogs however are clasified as domestic/tame animals and dont have the same rights..sandra shame on you,the rspca neads to speak to you..!!!!
    Yep. personally I don't care too much about the law, especially when downloading/streaming can get you jail time, yet when a female teacher has *** with a young boy - judges seem too let most of them off with it. The law is pretty stupid in some instances.

If neighbours cats **** on my land, I blame the owners, not the cat - no matter what the law thinks about that.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE.MADDISON View Post
    sandra shame on you,the rspca neads to speak to you..!!!!
    I don't have any problem with cats Joe as any that come near my house or garden then my little mate Benji sees them off in short time

After.jpg

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandra For This Useful Post:

Nikkas (10-10-2017)

Thanks
    Benji looks lovely!

V.I.P
    Thanks
    He has his moments when he is very good, as he is being here :

When I bought an expensive new mahogany coffee table I was puzzled as to where all the deep gouges had come from.
    One evening I left my camcorder running, as I was curious to see what Benji did while I was out.
    I later found out that all the marks on my new table were as a result of him practicing his tap dancing or ice skating on it.

He didn't get any treats when I got home that evening I can tell you

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandra For This Useful Post:

catseye (11-10-2017)