Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: People and their mobiles - whinge!

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,802 Times in 1,938 Posts

People and their mobiles - whinge!

I just got a snotty message from a friend who was complaining that they sent me a message about 2 hours ago and I've not replied yet - WTF. Personally I sometimes leave my phone in my car, in another room, turn t off and don't take it with me when I go out and about.

I don't see the fascination with carting a phone around with me all the time - and if I'm watching a movie or doing something - the last thing i want to do is to have a chat with someone.

Is it me just getting old or grumpy or both - but I just don't see why people are so addicted to mobiles, yes they are handy if you are on the **** and need to phone a taxi, but that's about it for me.

What's your thoughts - are you a mobile addict and gets ****ed off when someone you phone or text doesn't instantly answer?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrdude For This Useful Post:

Nikkas (01-08-2017), ronscone (04-08-2017), satpaul (02-08-2017)

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 845 Posts
    same, I can easily just ignore my phone for the day then get arsey comments if I don't reply.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 3tv For This Useful Post:

Aldo (01-08-2017)

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 812 Posts
    The mobile phone isn't just a useful gadget anymore, its a 24hr lifestyle for obsessives who cant put the thing down, sad lot.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TonyO For This Useful Post:

3tv (01-08-2017), Aldo (01-08-2017), Nikkas (01-08-2017), satpaul (02-08-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,016 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyO View Post
    The mobile phone isn't just a useful gadget anymore, its a 24hr lifestyle for obsessives who cant put the thing down, sad lot.
    That is one of the reasons so many people are involved in accidents, as they are either texting or talking on the phone and not paying attention as to what they are supposed to be doing, younger women must think that the phone is an extension of their arm, as it is never out of or far from their hand(s).

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    3 or 4 weeks back I was driving my car and signaled to turn left off the main road into my dads road, I noticed a phoney with her head buried in her phone and I immediately suspected she wouldn't look up to cross the road, she didn't dissapoint and stepped off the kerb just as I screeched to a halt, she didn't bat an eyelid and just carried on walking.

She should have been in a heap in the road awaiting the ambulance, the phoneys don't give a toss about anything except the phone !
    Last edited by TonyO; 01-08-2017 at 10:25 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,955 Times in 1,266 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyO View Post
    3 or 4 weeks back I was driving my car and signaled to turn left off the main road into my dads road, I noticed a phoney with her head buried in her phone and I immediately suspected she wouldn't look up to cross the road, she didn't dissapoint and stepped off the kerb just as I screeched to a halt, she didn't bat an eyelid and just carried on walking.

She should have been in a heap in the road awaiting the ambulance, the phoneys don't give a toss about anything except the phone !
    So true TonyO, they seem to be totally oblivious of anything else going on around them mate?
    Maybe pedestrian phoneys should be give 6 points and £300 fine too?? lol!!

Verified Registered User bamber's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by holmroad View Post
    So true TonyO, they seem to be totally oblivious of anything else going on around them mate?
    Maybe pedestrian phoneys should be give 6 points and £300 fine too?? lol!!
    Cyclists too. Are they really in control of the bicycle when one hand is holding a phone to their ear?

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bamber For This Useful Post:

holmroad (01-08-2017), Nikkas (01-08-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,249 Times in 2,030 Posts
    i do not have a mobile and most likely never will since i live in one of the very few places on planet earth where there is Zero mobile coverage
    and yes its sad and quite depressing in this day and age infact i probably am very lucky to have a landline but will never live to see proper Fiber broadband .
    But thats Ireland in a nutshell run by a dumb a$$ millionaire Queer who could not be more useless and very likely has a perfect mobile signal plus fiber internet everywhere him and his Fag Boyfriend go : )
    And people wonder why i take a drink ?? ...its about all that keeps me sane these dayz and i have zero sympathy for idiot cyclists and less for those "phony" idiots either ..!! : ))

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Barney For This Useful Post:

brain (07-08-2017), holmroad (01-08-2017), Nikkas (01-08-2017)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,802 Times in 1,938 Posts
    What really gets on my nerve is when you go out for a night our with friends, or take a lady to dinner for example and they spend half the night texting.

I once went out with this lass that was a Facebook addict, we were at the Edinburgh Festival and drinking - every 5 minutes she would be updating Facebook with stuff like 'just ordered a burger and drink', I mean for gods sake - who gives a toss??? She never lasted long, I'd go and visit her and it was either look at her watching soaps, or her head was buried in an Ipad. She never wanted to do anything - and when she did she'd spend half the time on Facebook, boring git!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to mrdude For This Useful Post:

Nikkas (02-08-2017)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Careful Barney.

A lot of people just cannot function as human beings without their mobile phones.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,016 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dostoy View Post
    Careful Barney.

A lot of people just cannot function as human beings without their mobile phones.
    Mobile phones have absolutely killed the art of conversation, no one wants to talk to each other, it's text, text, text, etc, and even then some of them appear to be semi illiterate.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Aldo For This Useful Post:

Nikkas (02-08-2017)

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney View Post
    i do not have a mobile and most likely never will since i live in one of the very few places on planet earth where there is Zero mobile coverage
    and yes its sad and quite depressing in this day and age infact i probably am very lucky to have a landline but will never live to see proper Fiber broadband .
    But thats Ireland in a nutshell run by a dumb a$$ millionaire Queer who could not be more useless and very likely has a perfect mobile signal plus fiber internet everywhere him and his Fag Boyfriend go : )
    And people wonder why i take a drink ?? ...its about all that keeps me sane these dayz and i have zero sympathy for idiot cyclists and less for those "phony" idiots either ..!! : ))
    sound like the ideal place for a dish farm

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3tv For This Useful Post:

Barney (01-08-2017), Nikkas (02-08-2017)

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdude View Post
    What really gets on my nerve is when you go out for a night our with friends, or take a lady to dinner for example and they spend half the night texting.

I once went out with this lass that was a Facebook addict, we were at the Edinburgh Festival and drinking - every 5 minutes she would be updating Facebook with stuff like 'just ordered a burger and drink', I mean for gods sake - who gives a toss??? She never lasted long, I'd go and visit her and it was either look at her watching soaps, or her head was buried in an Ipad. She never wanted to do anything - and when she did she'd spend half the time on Facebook, boring git!
    those kind need tazering

22. The Following User Says Thank You to 3tv For This Useful Post:

Barney (01-08-2017)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Really had to laugh whilst being away a few weeks ago and people were walking around the pool and the hotel with their phones in their hand, as if it was going to ring.. that's like really sad.

TJ

24. The Following User Says Thank You to TJLOWE1 For This Useful Post:

Nikkas (02-08-2017)

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Like Barney, "I do not have a mobile phone and most likely never will."

In my 79 years on this planet I have never desired such a time waster - short landline calls or short emails when absolutely necessary serve me perfectly. I accept that there are some jobs such as a mobile service engineer where these device are the only means of keeping in touch.

My sister does some voluntary charity work and her "boss" phoned at 10pm one evening saying that she needed some information for a meeting the following day and to call her back on her mobile by 11pm. As mrdude said in his opening post - WTF.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to philips For This Useful Post:

Nikkas (02-08-2017)

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TJLOWE1 View Post
    Really had to laugh whilst being away a few weeks ago and people were walking around the pool and the hotel with their phones in their hand, as if it was going to ring.. that's like really sad.

TJ
    my phone comes in hand for traveling around various citys when in need of train/travel maps etc but as for whats going on back home. *** off im on Holiday. The lifting of roaming charges hasn't helped. How long before mobile coms are on airlines, that will **** me off.

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Planes are already riddled with peeps on laptops and tablets and phones watching films pop videos and other crap, they are sad compulsives, they need constant stimulation, they don't like peace and quiet or relaxation, they won't last long.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to TonyO For This Useful Post:

Nikkas (02-08-2017)

Thanks
    My mobile phone is just that -- a mobile phone that clips on my belt for the odd incoming call and text --oh it also has a camera.
    I get the **** taken every now and then but in one area I visit it makes and receives calls where these new fancy phones can't get signals --- probably because it is 2G only and not constantly trying to change bands.
    I was at my local restaurant last week and a woman at a table next to us had here food delivered which she then started to take pictures of.
    For the next 10 minutes she was .I assume, sending pictures to people as she wasn't eating but fiddling with the phone.
    She then asked to see the manager to complain that her food was cold !!
    And she wasn't doing it quietly !!
    I intervened at this moment and pointed out to the manager -- who is also a friend -- what she had been doing with her phone !
    My food bill that evening was less than normal ....
    Regards

Thanks
    "phonys" are an f****ing menace - I'm another one who has almost hit those cretins walking across junctions and so on. And then, a couple of months ago, I was in a local supermarket when I saw a young couple getting their kids into a car (SUV of course!) - the wife (?) was "on her phone" when she got the kids into the back of the vehicle, but did not bother to ensure they were securely strapped in because she was concentrating on her phone = BOTH CRASS, STUPID AND against a very sensible (for once) law.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,034 Times in 1,173 Posts
    I have just been sent the solution to this addiction:

The final scene makes it worth watching.
    Attached Files Attached Files

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Detlef For This Useful Post:

Mobley2 (07-08-2017), mrdude (06-08-2017), oscar (06-08-2017), trotwood (06-08-2017)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast