Thread: Help

Thanks

Help

I am sure this has a lot to do with me being unable to read instructions properly but here is my problem.
    I live in Catelonia Spain and since the demise of Sky here we have been using Intelsat 907. I had the system installed and it works well.
    I have just purchased an ice crypt s1600chd se box, but I cannot get it to display the Intelsat 27.5w satellite. I know there's a signal there because I use the same satellite as the box that works.
    I have followed the idiots guide to installation from this site. Have upgraded the firmware and software. But the satellite cannot be found.
    Help
    Last edited by Donkeytortosa; 21-07-2017 at 08:26 AM.

Thanks
    Um now found that altering the lnb type makes a huge difference����

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi donkeytortosa,i installed an ice 1600chd se box and the only thing i had to do was install the S/W and it set itself up,but you must make sure its the SE i.e second edition S/W as the 2 types are not compatible

Thanks
    I tried updating the firmware software and all the other things I found on the Internet. In desperation I thought I would enter the details exactly the same on the Bob I already had. The only difference is the ice crypt box doesn't say Intelsat it says Mac 8c.
    It all worked straight away. All in HD wonderful picture. Just got to figure out how to record now.image.jpg

Thanks
    If any body needs a better picture I can send it to them����

Thanks
    Hi I am just about to travel to France and Spain and have an Icecrypt 1600chd. I have tried to download the Zip file that appears for firmware updates within this site, but I cant open the Zip file once downloaded to my computer. What am I doing wrong? Can anyone tell me in idiots terms how to please? Also can anyone who lives in France, Spain tell or point me to a web site or link on how to do the changes. Also can i just re programme to Intelsat 25.5 to be able to watch satellite TV. Thanks

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi Craneswater. The easest thing to upgrade your S1600 is to connect it irectly to the Internet via an etherent connection and use the FTP upgrade option to download the latest Software and the Channel list from the server.