Thread: tm 2600 motor fubared?

V.I.P
    Thanks

tm 2600 motor fubared?

think my tm 2600 is ready for the bin. As of today its stuck on 5w. the only way I can get it to move is by using the goto 0 which returns the dish to 0. The dish will only move to 5w, selecting any other sat and it doesn't move. Damn annoying. Does it sound like a simple fix or should I just get a new one.?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Have you accidentally set East/West limits, on your receiver?
    A loose/damaged connection, or cable, might be the problem.
    Does the TM2600 have manual buttons, on the motor, to move it East/West, if so have you tried them?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Tried 2 recievers and both wont move it :( can move it using the buttons on motor though.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Then check all wiring, and connections, for signs of damage, and water ingress.
    If you have easy access you could run some new cable, from LNB, to ,otor, and a short cable from motor to receiver, just to check if it then works.

Thanks
    have you tried the reset pin mate,mine went weird a while back this sorted it ,push in a thin nail or something in for a few seconds all the lights flash to indicate its been reset ,worth a try as its movable and not physically seized /knackered ?

worth noting i think the hole is partially obscured by a rubber cover over one of the lights/buttons ?
    Last edited by simon 2003; 09-06-2017 at 02:11 PM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by simon 2003 View Post
    have you tried the reset pin mate,mine went weird a while back this sorted it ,push in a thin nail or something in for a few seconds all the lights flash to indicate its been reset ,worth a try as its movable and not physically seized /knackered ?

worth noting i think the hole is partially obscured by a rubber cover over one of the lights/buttons ?
    yeah I reset it last night but still not working. Today its working though, its got to be water ingress as Mickha pointed out. cheers

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3tv View Post
    yeah I reset it last night but still not working. Today its working though, its got to be water ingress as Mickha pointed out. cheers
    Had the same issue a few weeks back on the same motor. Turned out to be a dodgy connection on the cable. Trimmed the end, and adjusted the cable ties that hold it and presto! But was mighty frustrating. Good luck.

Thanks
    My problem was lot more obvious ..went out for few hours came back No Signal ...look at the cable for motor it was laying there shredded to $hit ...
    my brother was out with the strimmer [ Weed Whacker as yanks like to call it ] again .
    Had no choice but to buy New Roll of Coax cable ... since putting a 2nd Joint [ his last effort @ Strimming ] on the cable just did not work .
    so if your cable like mine had a joint in it anywhere or simply got water inside then its just best to fit a new run of cable and put it inside a tube i went with a copper pipe for obvious reasons
    but maybbe you might get lucky by cutting back about a foot of cable and try putting new F Connector on which may well save you the hassel running a new cable ?

Good luck : ))
    Last edited by Barney; 10-06-2017 at 12:42 PM.