Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: zem tv

Verified Registered User waverider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Leading Kodi Addon Repository TV Addons Reveals Plans for 2017

News

One of the world's leading repositories for third-party Kodi addons has revealed some of its plans for 2017. TV Addons says it will streamline the entire Kodi addon experience, making the process easier for all. Greater emphasis will be placed on 'legitimate' addons too, alongside calls for people to stop selling ready-configured hardware devices that attract negative attention.

By now, most readers will understand how the Kodi experience operates. The software itself is an entirely legal media player but one which can be augmented with various addons.

For millions of users, it is these addons that really give Kodi its spice. Created by third-party developers, these add-ons allow Kodi to serve a massive range of often pirated content, including movies, TV shows (both live and on demand), plus sports and PPVs.

TV Addons is one of the world’s largest repositories of Kodi addons. It is not affiliated with the creators of Kodi but has become host to some of the software’s most-used tools. As such, its popularity has soared in recent months.

With Kodi add-ons now a major talking point around the world, TF caught up with Eleazar from TV Addons to get his thoughts for 2017.

“We never intended our community to be considered to be a source for sketchy content. There are many popular addons that have been developed as a more convenient way to access legitimately licensed content,” he explains.

“Some of the best and most popular addons include USTVnow, FilmOn, BBC iPlayer and EarthCam. We make open source addons to make the viewing of online content feel more natural when you’re watching on your living room TV.”

While there doesn’t appear to be any intention of reducing the availability of the most popular and controversial addons, Eleazar says a greater emphasis will be placed on tools that don’t fall into potential legal gray areas. Accessibility will also be improved.

“In the New Year, we hope to boost the more legitimate type of addons, from both the development perspective and end user point of view. We’re also in the process of streamlining the entire Kodi addon experience, making it easier for everyone, with our new website design coming very, very soon,” he adds.

In addition to all the excitement over Kodi and its addons in 2016, there have been considerable amounts of bad news for people who have tried to monetize the experience. Hundreds of sellers of pre-configured Android devices have popped up on ****, ******, and other marketplaces, promising free media for all. Some have been arrested, particularly in the UK where there have been quite a few raids. Eleazar hopes there will be less of this in 2017.

“We really hope that people stop selling cheap pre-programmed Android TV devices. The main reason for our concern is the recent media attention these people have been getting. They are bundling Kodi addons with paid IPTV (something we are strongly against) and then getting busted for it and bringing negative attention to everyone,” he says.

“Secondly, in most cases, the kind of people who sell these devices aren’t the type of people who care about their reputations and thus end up making ridiculous promises to their customers, promises they will never be able to keep. People are maintaining addons for free, and profiteers are ruining it for everyone.”

Eleazar also has harsh words for the much of the hardware these suppliers sell to the public. Often of poor quality from the Far East, these devices can fail to live up to their billing. Better options are available for people to buy themselves, he says.

“If anyone is wondering what the best Kodi devices are, I’ll make it very clear. There’s no point in buying some cheap Chinese-manufactured no name device when you can buy much better devices manufactured by big electronics brands,” he advises.

“If you have no budget, the NVIDIA Shield TV is definitely the top choice. The second best choice would be the Xiaomi Mi Box, which sells for a mere $69 at Wal-Mart, and the third choice would be the ****** Fire TV. Kodi can be installed to the first two in a few clicks through the Google Play Store, while it would need to be sideloaded to the ****** Fire TV due to the lack of Android app store support.”

2017 is likely to be another big year for Kodi, its addons, and the streaming services that underpin them. As previously reported, the relationship between all three is somewhat uneasy, with the makers of Kodi and the operators of streaming sites both annoyed (1,2) at the creators of many addons.

Nevertheless, it seems the platform is here to stay – at least until the next big thing comes along.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to waverider For This Useful Post:

Aldo (21-06-2017), Mobley2 (21-06-2017), Satcat (21-06-2017), trotwood (21-06-2017)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Seems a bit of "Old" news, or is this just me and the way I am reading it!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,249 Times in 2,030 Posts
    Yes it really sounds like very old news to me aswell
    Also maybbe bit off Topic this ... but i noticed just today that the very popular App
    called Mobdro LIVE TV Channels/Sport etc.. was Taken down
    this really is a great shame since i had been using mobdro for many years
    This seems like another kick in the teeth with so many Kodo Repo's being taken down also

R.I.P Mobdro 21-06-2017 : ))
    Last edited by Barney; 21-06-2017 at 11:20 PM. Reason: live tv channels taken down ..not mobdro itself ..

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Barney For This Useful Post:

maurice (22-06-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,034 Times in 1,173 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney View Post
    Yes it really sounds like very old news to me aswell
    Also maybbe bit off Topic this ... but i noticed just today that the very popular App
    called Mobdro was Taken down
    this really is a great shame since i had been using mobdro for many years
    This seems like another kick in the teeth with so many Kodo Repo's being taken down also

R.I.P Mobdro 21-06-2017 : ))
    Mine needed an update today but is working OK now.

If on an Android device, don't forget you need to allow alien apps in settings (ie non playstore apps).
    Last edited by Detlef; 21-06-2017 at 10:02 PM. Reason: added red bit

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Detlef For This Useful Post:

Aldo (21-06-2017), captainglassback (21-06-2017)

Thanks
    i have the latest update ... but like i said all LIVE TV Channels were taken down as i mentioned in my above post .
    you might wanna look again @ Detlef : )))

Thanks
    @ Barney Am I not understanding ?

Is LIVE TV a specific package within MOBDRO ?

I'm getting all the UK Sly Sport Channels, probably the ones I checked first as I use it for F1 when it is not live on C4.

BTW My current version is 2.0.42 Freemium

Thanks

Icon13

Nothing works in Sport Section or Channels Section ..
    Just this Error on ALL Channels including Sports
    and yes i have mobdro latest version from today 2.0.42 installed
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    I can assure you it is all working here.

Yes I get some blank channels but that seems normal.

I can only guess that your ISP is blocking something. The MOBDRO help says something about preferring Gooooogles DNS if you don't get the menu option page.

Tried to photograph my phone using the laptop camera but can't find the location of it to add to this post.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    Maybe we need to post more information.
    What equipment are you using?
    Are you using a VPN?
    After reading your posts I tried Mobdro, but as I'm currently running Blackhole, which only runs Kodi 16.1, at the moment, and no VPN, I didn't expect it to work, and I get similar error messages to Barney.
    I alos found a page that tries to deal with any error message, in Mobdro:
    Code:
    https://mobdroforpcappdownload.com/mobdro-kodi-error-check-log-addons/
    I did find some new kodi repos that are working, but only for films, and tv series, not live sports.
    So far I have tried Elysium, (formerly Zen), and Specto Fork.
    I'm also not certain how mcuh information, we can post, considering it involves Sky sports.

Thanks
    Maybe we need to post more information.
    What equipment are you using?
    Are you using a VPN?
    It is working on both my mobile and a tablet
    Samsung S5
    Asus 10"

No VPN
    ISP Deutsche Telekom.
    Mobile data T-Mobil

Just checked and it works on the firms UK link which I think is via Virgin.

Very strange.

Is it worth flushing your DNS Cache ?
    I use openDNS as it stops Gooogle etc switching to the German version.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    mobdro working working ok for me on mygica using sly broadband with vpn switched off

15. The Following User Says Thank You to welshpaddy For This Useful Post:

Detlef (22-06-2017)

Thanks
    Yes Mobdro has just came back online @ 12 noon today
    but very,very slow i think their servers are not able to handle very much traffic ??
    nothing whatsoever to do with VPN/ISP or other nonsense , i changed nothing just waited patiently for Mobdro to come back online .
    Due to the major lack of Server bandwidth which is most likely why picture quality has gotten much worse since Mobdro came back online and Failed ...at least for me to respond untill 1 hour ago : ))
    Last edited by Barney; 22-06-2017 at 01:17 PM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    mine never went off line

18. The Following User Says Thank You to welshpaddy For This Useful Post:

Barney (22-06-2017)

Thanks
    I don't fully understand how MOBDRO works. So, does MOBDRO actually stream (or re-stream) the TV stuff itself or is it just providing an indexing service to streams it finds elsewhere? Either way, it could be that your DNS is slow in updating certain IP address changes. Perhaps yesterdays update changed an internal server address.

@ Barney I mainly mentioned ISP / VPN etc after Mickha asked for more info.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Detlef For This Useful Post:

Barney (22-06-2017)

Thanks
    Only some stuff works today still get plenty of 'Oppss Channel offline' messages
    there is a lot of duplicated channels aswell some work some not .
    cheers !

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Barney For This Useful Post:

maurice (23-06-2017)

Thanks
    All back working Fine now on Mobdro Everything Works and i see Halow Tee TV Addon is working better now also looks like they fixed BT again
    hopefully this maintenance will allow these apps to run better in coming days .
    not had much chance to look at kodi addons been to buzy playing about with IPTV lists on my TM5402 M3 and Feedhunting ..been a while since i had to use IPTV function on my TM5402 never realized how good it really can be untill now
    Cheers !

Thanks
    While on the subject of MOBDRO I previously used the apk in BlueStacks on my laptop but now only get as far as the thumbnail categories - none of them populate with the available streams.

There a 3 old streams in the favourites list and they get as far as the "Ooops etc." but no further,

Anyone still got it working under Windows ?

I should say that I have d/l both BlueStacks and Mobdro again and reinstalled where necessary.

I think I was using W10 before but it might just have been XP Pro.

Thanks
    Thats what im using BlueStacks with Win 7 on my PC
    The reason it does not populate is because once installed it should ask you to install updated version
    for some reason this is not happening for you , all the most recent versions of mobdro already have channels populated in every category
    so there is no need to wait for the prompt to install new version .
    just need to figure out why your version is still being recogniszed as an old version and NOT being updated to the most recent version .
    Cheers !!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Barney For This Useful Post:

Detlef (25-06-2017)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    Last night I loaded Open Blackhole, on my VU+ Duo2, and found a lot working, although Mobdro still just shows error messages.
    HaloTV, Specto Fork, and Elysium, all work, these are all I've tested, so far.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney View Post
    Thats what im using BlueStacks with Win 7 on my PC
    The reason it does not populate is because once installed it should ask you to install updated version
    for some reason this is not happening for you , all the most recent versions of mobdro already have channels populated in every category
    so there is no need to wait for the prompt to install new version .
    just need to figure out why your version is still being recogniszed as an old version and NOT being updated to the most recent version .
    Cheers !!
    Spot on.

I thought I was using the latest Mobdro.apk but BlueStacks was sill using an old one which I hadn't opened since Xmas although when I clicked update it said I had the latest.

I had deleted all versions of the apk on my PC and d/l the latest then the launch method I used was to click on that and "open with" BlueStacks but, following your info, when I looked at the mobdro "About" it still showed 2.0.19

So I deleted all versions of the apk again and d/l a version from within BlueStacks. That showed 2.0.42 in the "About".

And it now opens well and as you said, it is fully populated; although it seems to get that data from a cloud storage site.

Anyway, thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

Det

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Detlef For This Useful Post:

Barney (25-06-2017)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast