Thread: Problems with registering IKS, help please!!

Thanks

Problems with registering IKS, help please!!

HI,

Not sure if this is allowed so apologize before hand if it is not. I am trying to register a new Spiderbox HD6000 with IKS but when I try to login it just says login failed. Have used the IKS patch dated 19.10.2015 but still no joy.

I would be grateful if someone help me or could point me in the right direction.

Regards

Lacoruna

Verified Registered User Weston Calling's Avatar
    Thanks
    Have you confirmed that your network connection is working properly? If IPTV channels are working then you know the connection is okay and you should have no problem registering your IKS code.

I'm aware that Blackdevil previously posted that newer boxes must be loaded with the latest Mscam patch, but I don't think the hardware has changed, so to me IKS patches should still work.

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 812 Posts
    You have to use the old IKS patch not the newer MSCam one for the spider 6000, download the correct one of the V***** site.

Verified Registered User Weston Calling's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyO View Post
    You have to use the old IKS patch not the newer MSCam one for the spider 6000, download the correct one of the V***** site.
    The OP has indicated that he is using the IKS patch from 19.10.15. This would appear to be the correct patch and it's available on here - https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...tch-19-10-2015

Thanks
    Have you got an IKS key to go in or do think it still comes with one

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to satpaul For This Useful Post:

echelon (30-05-2017), lacoruna (01-06-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    no new box will come with IKS , that system expired a couple of years ago for new spiderboxes

8. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

lacoruna (01-06-2017)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    HI IKS is still available as i had a couple of new codes in the last few months..With the 6000 you can use either Mscam or IKS but obviuosly you need correct patch. It depends where you buy it from as well. Mscam is better because it goes by number of days before it expires and IKS will expire within 12 months regardless. Also remember that IKS has 10 digits and mscam has 12 digits. Regards.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to KARABANGA For This Useful Post:

lacoruna (01-06-2017)

Thanks
    Hi,

I am getting the IPTV channels, but when I try to register it just says registration fail. The IKS key that the box has is all zeros. I understand it is for just 12 months. Will try and download the IKS file again.

I really appreciate everyone's help.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,016 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lacoruna View Post
    Hi,

I am getting the IPTV channels, but when I try to register it just says registration fail. The IKS key that the box has is all zeros. I understand it is for just 12 months. Will try and download the IKS file again.

I really appreciate everyone's help.
    The all zeros would seems to indicate that your so called gift package has expired, you will need to get a new key key from either the v a s i k s forum, or contact blackdevil to get a new key.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aldo For This Useful Post:

echelon (02-06-2017), lacoruna (01-06-2017)

Thanks
    No luck loading the IKS file again. Thank you Aldo, will try and PM Blackdevil.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi All zeros is the default code for the boxes and not an activation code ..so therefore it cannot expire. You need to change the zeros to a valid code and then register it . Regards.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,016 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KARABANGA View Post
    Hi All zeros is the default code for the boxes and not an activation code ..so therefore it cannot expire. You need to change the zeros to a valid code and then register it . Regards.
    Please read post #9 again, I said that his activation key HAD Expired, and that he would need a New Activation Code to clear the Scrambled Channels, either from v a s i k s or blackdevil

Thanks
    as I said earlier , if this is a NEW box than it wont have IKS as a "gift" and will never register because the IKS is the old system for the old boxes

for the last couple of years all the NEW boxes allowed mscam to be registered which is why new owners should use the mscam patch and register it

anyone wanting IKS to work would have to purchase a new registration key from v a s i k s and if you dont do this you will never get IKS to work

if its an OLD box then its likely that the IKS has expired, in which case you buy a new reg key as I said before

I doubt that anyone has registered any new spiderbox with IKS for a couple of years and anyone still using it will have purchased a new key , once , or more than once

the OP has never mentioned if this box is new or not, but unless the OP buys a new IKS key I dont think they will get anywhere with this and loading the old IKS patch is not a magic bullet to getting the service because the box wont be registered on their system

the patches are a means to an end , not the end itself and I am suprised that this topic was posted because its an old topic that was superceded when the newer spiders changed to mscam some time ago

the OP may find that NEITHER iks or mscam will work, because without the box being registered and/or a new key provided neither will work

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 812 Posts
    didn't the mscam default key number come up as all 11 11 11's for the whole hidden key when new ? I got my brother a box which mscam worked and the key was all figure ones.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to TonyO For This Useful Post:

echelon (02-06-2017)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi Mister Aldo i think you are missing the point..the op has a new box with a code which cannot be activated for whatever reason so therefore it cannot expire if it never worked from the beginning. Either the op has been given an incorrect code or is being inserted incorrectly or its for Mscam and not IKS. You can tell if its IKS as it will have 16 digits i believe. As regards comments from echeleon about so called new boxes here are a few notes.
    1) The so called new Spideroxes are the same as they have been for a number of years
    2) I have purchased many boxes in the last 12 months as new and have been given IKS, Mscam and Cccam accounts which all work fine. I dont know where you get your info from but i belive it to be incorrect.

Regards.

Thanks
    dont worry , I believe some of your info to be incorrect too and you too are missing the point !!!

I never said that the 2 boxes were different
    , you have inferred that with no proof

I never said that you cannot use IKS or MSCAM or CCCAM with the boxes, clearly you can if all the requirements have been met because the boxes are identical apart from their excusive mac codes

no NEW spiderbox 6000 is sold with IKS working

the new boxes are registered with MSCAM on the "server" and the MAC CODE is what is used to identify a NEW box as opposed to previous boxes (other than this they are probably identical as you say)

MY POINT to this OP is that as he bought a NEW spiderbox 6000 then it is sold as working with MSCAM and so I fail to see why the OP is trying an IKS patch or why they are trying to register the new box to the IKS system when the box wont even be registered on the IKS system and so its a 100% guaranteed failure

the OP should be using the MSCAM patch and should be registering his NEW box with the MSCAM service and if this fails to work he should be contacting his supplier that sold him this new box in order to resolve this situation

all this talk about IKS is years out of date as no new boxes have been sold with IKS for the last 2 years or more , mine was one of the last that was sold with IKS and that expired a long time ago due to the 12 month use deadline

so if you disagree, we will beg to differ

to the OP , use the MSCAM and try registering the new box, if that fails contact your supplier , you have no other options apart from purchasing an IKS registration from v a s i k s as you have already been informed (or a cccam or newcamd line from soneone else , although these may only work for certain providers now)

if this argument continues I will close this thread and the OP will have to do whatever they glean from this thread as its got nothing to do with satpimps forum and blackdevil has not visited this forum for a month

he posted this change in JULY 2015 as can be seen in this thread

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...rs-without-IKS

and those receivers came out months after the production and sales of the older ones stopped (mine being one of the last of the old IKS registered boxes and bought in early 2015)

so in 2 months time the MSCAM registered boxes will be up to 2 years old and some MSCAM registrations will have expired in july 2016

this was all before YOU joined this forum

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

jbvid (03-06-2017), Mickha (03-06-2017), Weston Calling (03-06-2017)