Thread: Kodi security

Verified Registered User waverider's Avatar
    Thanks

Kodi security

Have recieved the following, from tvaddons yesterday,maybe some help.

We’re very sorry to have to bring you this news, but upgrading Kodi to the latest version (released today) is fairly urgent if you wish to keep your network secure. Earlier today, a security flaw within Kodi (and other media players including VLC) was reported by researchers from Check Point Software Technologies. They demonstrated that an attacker could gain control of any Kodi device through the use of malicious code placed within subtitles. Hypothetically, if an infected subtitle file were to be downloaded by Kodi, it could give a hacker full control over your device. This is particularly concerning when it comes to automatically downloaded subtitles. It is very important that you upgrade Kodi as soon as possible, otherwise you could be leaving your entire computer, device, or even home network at risk.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to waverider For This Useful Post:

2colby (25-05-2017), captainglassback (25-05-2017), Dig Deep (26-05-2017), EXTRAFACTO (25-05-2017), johnhenry (27-05-2017), trotwood (25-05-2017), Weston Calling (25-05-2017)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,204 Times in 395 Posts
    just installed kodi 17.3 on my tonbux t11 running android 6.1...working fine
    just installed kodi 17.3 on my mygica 582 box..which i had upgraded to lollipop 5.1
    also working fine
    i downloaded kodi 17.3 from offical kodi website
    Last edited by EXTRAFACTO; 25-05-2017 at 10:53 AM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EXTRAFACTO For This Useful Post:

Aldo (25-05-2017), sparky_dog (25-05-2017)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    This shows you how to install 17 on boxes running 4.4 so it should work for all 17 versions until they bring out 18.

h**ps://www.entertainmentbox.com/install-kodi-17-krypton-android-4-4-solved/?wpam_id=2

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sandra For This Useful Post:

2colby (25-05-2017), EXTRAFACTO (25-05-2017), sparky_dog (25-05-2017)

Thanks
    Upgrade to Kodi 17.2 Krypton to Patch Major Security Flaw (05/23/2017)
    05/23/2017

We’re very sorry to have to bring you this news, but upgrading Kodi to the latest version (released today) is fairly urgent if you wish to keep your network secure. Earlier today, a security flaw within Kodi (and other media players including VLC) was reported by researchers from Check Point Software Technologies. They demonstrated that an attacker could gain control of any Kodi device through the use of malicious code placed within subtitles. Hypothetically, if an infected subtitle file were to be downloaded by Kodi, it could give a hacker full control over your device. This is particularly concerning when it comes to automatically downloaded subtitles. It is very important that you upgrade Kodi as soon as possible, otherwise you could be leaving your entire computer, device, or even home network at risk.

Security flaws in software happens all the time, it’s normal. This security flaw also affected many other media players that are far more popular than Kodi. The important thing is that the issue was fixed quickly, and so far no damage has been reported. However, now that the security flaw has reached mainstream news, hackers will now likely be looking to exploit it far more aggressively. The official developers of Kodi have been working tirelessly to release an updated version of Kodi that would fix security flaw, as well as some other minor bugs. Team-Kodi “highly encourages” all users to install this latest version, as do we. If you’re still running Kodi 16.1 Jarvis or below, you might as well upgrade now, that way you’ll also gain access to all the streams that use newer HTTPS technology not supported in older versions of Kodi anyway.

If you follow the instructions below carefully, upgrading should be super easy. Please note that these instructions describe the unofficial use of the Kodi media center.

Before Proceeding

Android Users: Those of you who are running older devices or cheap Android boxes might run into some trouble. Kodi 17.2 Krypton requires Android 5.0 or higher to run. If your device doesn’t support Android 5.0, you’ll need to buy a new Android TV box in order to continue to enjoy Kodi.

Apple TV 2 Users: Even though the last two versions of Kodi didn’t support the Apple TV 2, the device still seemed to work alright. This will no longer be the case moving forward, without HTTPS or HD support it’ll be next to useless, it’s time to purchase a new Android TV box.

United Kingdom Users: It will be necessary to disable certain router security settings before continuing, we’d also highly recommend using a VPN Provider to cir***vent site blocking.

Optional Part 1 Preparing for Upgrade

(skip this if you’re already on Kodi 17.0 Krypton or above)

Required: Indigo Tool (likely already be on your device, check PROGRAMS menu)

We’re going to start by walking you through wiping your current Kodi configuration, in order to get rid of all the old junk so you can start new and fresh. This will result in significantly better performance, and don’t worry we’re going to explain how to easily reconfigure Kodi addons later in this guide.

Step 1: Navigate to the PROGRAMS menu within Kodi.

Step 2: Launch the Indigo tool.

Most of our users should already have Indigo (it would have probably came with one of our other addons), but if you don’t, then click here for instructions on how to get it.

Step 3: Click on the Factory Restore function.

Step 4: Click on the Yes button to proceed.

Step 5: Click on the No button when prompted to keep Indigo. Wait up to a few minutes for the process to complete.

Step 6: Press the OK button. Kodi should automatically shut down at this point.

Part 2 Download Kodi 17.2 Krypton

As far as the actual software upgrade goes, you can simply install the latest version over the previous version, the same way you’d install any other application.

Kodi 17.2 Krypton for Windows

Kodi 17.2 Krypton for Mac

Kodi 17.2 Krypton for Android (Google Play)

Kodi 17.2 Krypton for Android (Sideload)

Kodi 17.2 Krypton for ****** Fire TV

Kodi 17.2 Krypton for NVIDIA Shield TV

Kodi 17.2 Krypton for Xiaomi Mi Box

Kodi 17.2 for Apple TV 4

Kodi 17.2 for iPad or iPhone

Kodi 17.2 for iPad or iPhone (Jailbroken)

Mac Users: If you get an unknown developer error when trying to launch Kodi for the first time, simply navigate to your computer’s System Preferences, followed by the Security & Privacy tab and press the Open Anyway button.

Part 3 Add the Fusion Installer Source

The Fusion Installer is the bridge between Kodi and the world of unofficial Kodi addons, it’s the first thing every Kodi addon user needs.

Step 1: Navigate to the settings cogwheel at the top left of your screen.

Step 2: Select the System settings menu.

Step 3: Choose the Add-ons tab.

Step 4: Click on the Unknown sources field.

Step 5: Press the Yes button to confirm that you wish to allow third party Kodi addons.

Step 6: Return back to the previous settings menu.

Step 7: Click on the File manager icon.

Step 8: Click on the Add source button on the left side of the screen.

Step 9: Click on the top input box that displays <None> under the Enter the paths or browse for the media locations heading.

Step 10: Using the on-screen keyboard, input http://fusion.tvaddons.ag and then click on the OK button.

Step 11: Click on the bottom input box under the Enter a name for this media source heading.

Step 12: Using the on-screen keyboard once again, input fusion and then press the OK button.

Step 13: Press the OK button at the bottom of the window.

Step 14: Return back to the Kodi home screen.

Part 4 Install the Indigo Tool

The Indigo tool is the key to jumpstart your Kodi addon experience. It allows you to install any Kodi addon you’d like, automatically configure Kodi, or even reset Kodi should you ever wish.

Step 1: Navigate to the Add-ons tab on the vertical menu bar.

Step 2: Click on the Enter add-on browser button.

Step 3: Click on the Install from zip file function.

Step 4: Select the fusion server folder.

Step 5: Choose the begin-here folder.

Step 6: Click on the plugin.program.indigo-2.0.0.zip file.

Step 7: Return back one level to the Add-ons menu.

Part 5 Automated Kodi Addon Configuration

We’re now going to walk you through automatically configuring all the best Kodi addons in one shot using our Indigo tool. Alternatively, you can also use the Addon Installer function within our Indigo tool to manually install your choice of Kodi addons.

Step 1: Launch the Indigo Program add-on for the first time.

Step 2: Wait a few seconds for the add-on to initialize for the first time.

Step 3: Select the Config Wizard function.

Step 4: Click on the Install button to confirm that you wish to proceed with the automated Kodi addon configuration.

Step 5: Wait a couple of minutes for the automated Kodi configuration to download and install.

Step 6: Click on the OK button to finalize the configuration process and restart Kodi.

Optional Part 6 Configuring Debrid Services

Debrid services are basically shared pools of premium cyberlocker accounts for which you signup to one service in order to gain access to dozens of premium host accounts. This will give you access to substantially more reliable high definition streaming, more HD sources, and eliminate buffering.

Signup to the paid debrid service of your choice before continuing:

Real-Debrid

Premiumize

Step 1: Navigate to the settings cogwheel at the top left of the Kodi home screen.

Step 3: Highlight the settings level at the bottom left of the screen that displays Basic by default.

Step 4: Click on the settings level button until Advanced is displayed.

Step 5: Navigate to the Add-ons menu tab.

Step 6: Click on the Manage dependencies function.

Step 7: Select the URLResolver dependency towards the bottom of the listing.

Step 8: Click on the Configure icon at the bottom of the screen.

Step 9: Navigate to the Universal Resolvers tab.

Step 10: Scroll down to the debrid service of your choice (we’re using Real-Debrid for this example), and then click on the Priority field that displays 100 by default.

Step 11: Use the Backspace button to clear the current setting level, and then input 95 and press the Done button.

Step 12: If you’re configuring Real-Debrid, you’ll now want to press the OK button at the top right of the window in order to save the priority level setting before continuing.

Step 13: Click on the Configure button once again.

Step 14: Select the Universal Resolvers tab once again.

Step 15: Once again, scroll down to the debrid service of your choice. If you’re using Real-Debrid, click on the (Re)Authorize My Account button, for Premiumize input your login details and then click on the OK button at the top right of the window.

Step 16: If you’re using Real-Debrid, you should follow the on-screen instructions to complete the account authorization process. You’ll want to visit the link using your computer’s web browser.

Step 17: You’re done! Once completed, you’ll see a quick message display saying Real-Debrid Resolver Authorized at the top right of your screen. Kodi will now automatically use your debrid service when available, giving you access to way more HD sources and less buffering. Return to your Kodi home screen and enjoy!

Part 7 Launching Kodi Add-ons

The most popular Kodi addons right now are probably Exodus, Stream All The Sources, 1Channel and The Royal We. As far as live TV goes, you’ll want to check out USTVnow Plus, cCloud TV, and Ultimate IPTV. There are many others installed that you might find interesting as well, so explore away!

Step 1: Click on the Add-ons menu tab on the vertical menu bar.

Step 2: Select the Video add-ons tab on the vertical menu bar.

Step 3: Click on any Kodi addon to launch it.

Now that you’re on the latest version of Kodi, with all the best Kodi addons installed, we hope you’ll notice the difference in performance. Some people seem to think that upgrading isn’t necessary, but staying up to date is alway important if you want to get the best experience out of it. Especially when the software is free! Thank you very much to the official developers at Team-Kodi for making it all possible, with

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to waverider For This Useful Post:

Aldo (25-05-2017), EXTRAFACTO (25-05-2017), harryt (25-05-2017), johnhenry (27-05-2017)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,204 Times in 395 Posts
    they have also upgraded the indigo tool to version 2
    some people are saying that when they use indigo tool...and then config wizard in that
    they are getting message saying,could not complete instalation of all best addons and tweeks
    seems this may be a bug in indigo tool...worked ok for me...
    but i usually just install what addons i use anyway..manually
    for anyone getting above message...do this
    download in kodi indigo tool like you would normally do ...now open indigo tool..and instead of using config wizard to put all addons on...do this
    open indigo..now select addon installer...then click on search addon/author...now type in for example...exodus...now select exodus..a box appears asking if you wish to install chosen addon..and repository if needed..select install...when done...it will be in your addons..now repeat for any other addons...when you have all you require..
    close kodi...reopen kodi..and your addons will now auto update...now enjoy
    i do this on my own boxs...that way only addons i use are installed..keeps box running fast..and all work
    on kodi page it refers to 17.2...when you install ..its actually kodi krypton 17.3
    Last edited by EXTRAFACTO; 25-05-2017 at 10:50 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EXTRAFACTO For This Useful Post:

Aldo (25-05-2017), trotwood (26-05-2017)

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    I have just upgraded mine from the playstore it has installed 17.3 this on minix neo u9-h and h96pro+ all seem to be working OK waltwal

Thanks
    Thanked 4,249 Times in 2,030 Posts
    Indigo Tool and has been broken for quite some time but with Kodi 17.3 config wizard was Thankfully Deleted !!
    addon installer is $hit !! they have put all addons in alphabet order in folders rather than the easier option of ascending order which was 1000% times easier to work with

Indigo Tool is proper $hit now !! i would not even waste my time with this crap its infact a million times faster to install addons via XMBC Hub manually
    i also notice with this new version of Kodi 17.3 it takes forever to Exit ..plus about 1 in 8 times it will actually boot up into the main Krypton page
    plus too many addons are fail to work and any addons offering UK Live TV are a disaster Sportie now seems redundant where previously it worked fast ,
    same with FTFA addon its now Fcuked up and fails to operate

Devs of Kodi and Indigo and many other apps really need to get their $hit together
    only decent working app appears to be Exodus/Specto and Phoenix .
    Where is Showbox App it was working with previous kodi versions now its nowhere to be found ..WTF ??

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Barney For This Useful Post:

captainglassback (26-05-2017)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Take it that you are not happy then Barney!!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to maurice For This Useful Post:

Barney (26-05-2017)

Thanks
    Telling like it is ....IPTV is NOT THE Future : ))
    Not a chance unless Devs of Kodi and Indigo plus many other Apps at least waken up and put together something that actually works !!

At least Mobdro sorta 60% of it actually works... except for the horrible VHS Style pictures... and.. those never ending spam advertisements and non-stop pop ups so at least its not all negative i suppose .
    Few friends i know bought these mag250's and other IPTV Streaming Boxes
    paid a small fortune for junk in reality and the only good part about them is they have a plug so its free to dump them at the nearest recycling plant .
    Last edited by Barney; 26-05-2017 at 03:39 PM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,294 Times in 3,603 Posts
    Just updated Kodi to Krypton 17.3 on my Solo2 Barney and I have none of the problems you describe above.

Exiting is as fast as ever, so perhaps your issues are not down to Kodi itself ?

Ian.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ian For This Useful Post:

Aldo (26-05-2017)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney View Post
    only decent working app appears to be Exodus/Specto and Phoenix .
    Where is Showbox App it was working with previous kodi versions now its nowhere to be found ..WTF ??
    Zen, one242415,falcon sports,Beau's place, Bob,real movies, falcon.
    Are some of the addons I use plus the ones you mentioned barney.
    Unfortunately when there's a game on I try to watch, I waste my time trying to find a link that works .
    If you want showbox its a stand alone app not in kodi, use search engine, latest version is 4.91

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trotwood For This Useful Post:

Barney (26-05-2017), maurice (26-05-2017)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trotwood View Post
    Zen, one242415,falcon sports,Beau's place, Bob,real movies, falcon.
    Are some of the addons I use plus the ones you mentioned barney.
    Unfortunately when there's a game on I try to watch, I waste my time trying to find a link that works .
    If you want showbox its a stand alone app not in kodi, use search engine, latest version is 4.91
    Completely agree, last nite updated my Nividia Shield box, all works fine, hadn't really been using Zen, but must admit seems better than the more "popular" addons .

22. The Following User Says Thank You to TJLOWE1 For This Useful Post:

Barney (26-05-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by waverider View Post
    Upgrade to Kodi 17.2 Krypton to Patch Major Security Flaw (05/23/2017)
    05/23/2017

Security flaws in software happens all the time, it’s normal. This security flaw also affected many other media players that are far more popular than Kodi. The important thing is that the issue was fixed quickly, and so far no damage has been reported. However, now that the security flaw has reached mainstream news, hackers will now likely be looking to exploit it far more aggressively. The official developers of Kodi have been working tirelessly to release an updated version of Kodi that would fix security flaw, as well as some other minor bugs. Team-Kodi “highly encourages” all users to install this latest version, as do we. If you’re still running Kodi 16.1 Jarvis or below, you might as well upgrade now, that way you’ll also gain access to all the streams that use newer HTTPS technology not supported in older versions of Kodi anyway.

If you follow the instructions below carefully, upgrading should be super easy. Please note that these instructions describe the unofficial use of the Kodi media center.

Before Proceeding

Android Users: Those of you who are running older devices or cheap Android boxes might run into some trouble. Kodi 17.2 Krypton requires Android 5.0 or higher to run. If your device doesn’t support Android 5.0, you’ll need to buy a new Android TV box in order to continue to enjoy Kodi.

Apple TV 2 Users: Even though the last two versions of Kodi didn’t support the Apple TV 2, the device still seemed to work alright. This will no longer be the case moving forward, without HTTPS or HD support it’ll be next to useless, it’s time to purchase a new Android TV box.

United Kingdom Users: It will be necessary to disable certain router security settings before continuing, we’d also highly recommend using a VPN Provider to cir***vent site blocking.

Optional Part 1 Preparing for Upgrade

(skip this if you’re already on Kodi 17.0 Krypton or above)

Required: Indigo Tool (likely already be on your device, check PROGRAMS menu)

We’re going to start by walking you through wiping your current Kodi configuration, in order to get rid of all the old junk so you can start new and fresh. This will result in significantly better performance, and don’t worry we’re going to explain how to easily reconfigure Kodi addons later in this guide.

Step 1: Navigate to the PROGRAMS menu within Kodi.

Step 2: Launch the Indigo tool.

Most of our users should already have Indigo (it would have probably came with one of our other addons), but if you don’t, then click here for instructions on how to get it.

Step 3: Click on the Factory Restore function.

Step 4: Click on the Yes button to proceed.

Step 5: Click on the No button when prompted to keep Indigo. Wait up to a few minutes for the process to complete.

Step 6: Press the OK button. Kodi should automatically shut down at this point.

Part 2 Download Kodi 17.2 Krypton

As far as the actual software upgrade goes, you can simply install the latest version over the previous version, the same way you’d install any other application.

Kodi 17.2 Krypton for Windows

Kodi 17.2 Krypton for Mac

Kodi 17.2 Krypton for Android (Google Play)

Kodi 17.2 Krypton for Android (Sideload)

Kodi 17.2 Krypton for ****** Fire TV

Kodi 17.2 Krypton for NVIDIA Shield TV

Kodi 17.2 Krypton for Xiaomi Mi Box

Kodi 17.2 for Apple TV 4

Kodi 17.2 for iPad or iPhone

Kodi 17.2 for iPad or iPhone (Jailbroken)

Mac Users: If you get an unknown developer error when trying to launch Kodi for the first time, simply navigate to your computer’s System Preferences, followed by the Security & Privacy tab and press the Open Anyway button.

Part 3 Add the Fusion Installer Source

The Fusion Installer is the bridge between Kodi and the world of unofficial Kodi addons, it’s the first thing every Kodi addon user needs.

Step 1: Navigate to the settings cogwheel at the top left of your screen.

Step 3: Choose the Add-ons tab.

Step 4: Click on the Unknown sources field.

Step 5: Press the Yes button to confirm that you wish to allow third party Kodi addons.

Step 6: Return back to the previous settings menu.

Step 7: Click on the File manager icon.

Step 8: Click on the Add source button on the left side of the screen.

Step 9: Click on the top input box that displays <None> under the Enter the paths or browse for the media locations heading.

Step 10: Using the on-screen keyboard, input http://fusion.tvaddons.ag and then click on the OK button.

Step 11: Click on the bottom input box under the Enter a name for this media source heading.

Step 12: Using the on-screen keyboard once again, input fusion and then press the OK button.

Step 13: Press the OK button at the bottom of the window.

Step 14: Return back to the Kodi home screen.

Part 4 Install the Indigo Tool

The Indigo tool is the key to jumpstart your Kodi addon experience. It allows you to install any Kodi addon you’d like, automatically configure Kodi, or even reset Kodi should you ever wish.

Step 1: Navigate to the Add-ons tab on the vertical menu bar.

Step 2: Click on the Enter add-on browser button.

Step 3: Click on the Install from zip file function.

Step 4: Select the fusion server folder.

Step 5: Choose the begin-here folder.

Step 6: Click on the plugin.program.indigo-2.0.0.zip file.

Step 7: Return back one level to the Add-ons menu.

Part 5 Automated Kodi Addon Configuration

We’re now going to walk you through automatically configuring all the best Kodi addons in one shot using our Indigo tool. Alternatively, you can also use the Addon Installer function within our Indigo tool to manually install your choice of Kodi addons.

Step 1: Launch the Indigo Program add-on for the first time.

Step 2: Wait a few seconds for the add-on to initialize for the first time.

Step 3: Select the Config Wizard function.

Step 4: Click on the Install button to confirm that you wish to proceed with the automated Kodi addon configuration.

Step 5: Wait a couple of minutes for the automated Kodi configuration to download and install.

Step 6: Click on the OK button to finalize the configuration process and restart Kodi.

Optional Part 6 Configuring Debrid Services

Debrid services are basically shared pools of premium cyberlocker accounts for which you signup to one service in order to gain access to dozens of premium host accounts. This will give you access to substantially more reliable high definition streaming, more HD sources, and eliminate buffering.

Signup to the paid debrid service of your choice before continuing:

Real-Debrid

Premiumize

Step 1: Navigate to the settings cogwheel at the top left of the Kodi home screen.

Step 3: Highlight the settings level at the bottom left of the screen that displays Basic by default.

Step 4: Click on the settings level button until Advanced is displayed.

Step 5: Navigate to the Add-ons menu tab.

Step 6: Click on the Manage dependencies function.

Step 7: Select the URLResolver dependency towards the bottom of the listing.

Step 8: Click on the Configure icon at the bottom of the screen.

Step 9: Navigate to the Universal Resolvers tab.

Step 10: Scroll down to the debrid service of your choice (we’re using Real-Debrid for this example), and then click on the Priority field that displays 100 by default.

Step 11: Use the Backspace button to clear the current setting level, and then input 95 and press the Done button.

Step 12: If you’re configuring Real-Debrid, you’ll now want to press the OK button at the top right of the window in order to save the priority level setting before continuing.

Step 13: Click on the Configure button once again.

Step 14: Select the Universal Resolvers tab once again.

Step 15: Once again, scroll down to the debrid service of your choice. If you’re using Real-Debrid, click on the (Re)Authorize My Account button, for Premiumize input your login details and then click on the OK button at the top right of the window.

Step 16: If you’re using Real-Debrid, you should follow the on-screen instructions to complete the account authorization process. You’ll want to visit the link using your computer’s web browser.

Step 17: You’re done! Once completed, you’ll see a quick message display saying Real-Debrid Resolver Authorized at the top right of your screen. Kodi will now automatically use your debrid service when available, giving you access to way more HD sources and less buffering. Return to your Kodi home screen and enjoy!

Part 7 Launching Kodi Add-ons

The most popular Kodi addons right now are probably Exodus, Stream All The Sources, 1Channel and The Royal We. As far as live TV goes, you’ll want to check out USTVnow Plus, cCloud TV, and Ultimate IPTV. There are many others installed that you might find interesting as well, so explore away!

Step 1: Click on the Add-ons menu tab on the vertical menu bar.

Step 2: Select the Video add-ons tab on the vertical menu bar.

Step 3: Click on any Kodi addon to launch it.

Now that you’re on the latest version of Kodi, with all the best Kodi addons installed, we hope you’ll notice the difference in performance. Some people seem to think that upgrading isn’t necessary, but staying up to date is alway important if you want to get the best experience out of it. Especially when the software is free! Thank you very much to the official developers at Team-Kodi for making it all possible, with
    seems to me kodi user are being forced again by tvaddons.ag. to use there build.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I don't use their build on anything I have, I use the Paradox build from the blackbox forum, although I do sometimes install some addons from tvaddons.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandra For This Useful Post:

seagate1 (27-05-2017)

Thanks
    I have never had a problem,Indigo is good.
    have you looked in the (Log File), to see if there are any errors, you could also try uninstalling and re-install,

27. The Following User Says Thank You to waverider For This Useful Post:

seagate1 (27-05-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    I don't use their build on anything I have, I use the Paradox build from the blackbox forum, although I do sometimes install some addons from tvaddons.
    i dont, i have used Adrians repo for pulse and acestream because his pulse and 1.5 acestream work perfect on my nshield tv box. i myself use ares wizard that gives me over 480 builds but i use pulse and cdtv. so for me i can pick and choose acestream works perfect with vpn.

Thanks
    So basically unless i subscribe to a VPN pretty much nothing works as far as LIVE TV Addons and more are concerned ??
    bit like Paying a commercial Payserver ? not a whole lotta difference really ?
    Indigo config Wizard Does NOT Work !! Tried it many times on Fire Stick , Tried on PC etc..
    and it is pointless to say check the log ...because Indigo Config wizard is NOT Working
    so perhaps i did not make that point Clear Enuff ??
    i have Re-installed kodi plenty of times it makes bugger all difference .

But anyhow i have tried falcon sports,Beau's place addons as mentioned by the above member
    Beau's place i do like it a lot credit to whoever runs that addon its very good really enjoyable i hope to see it grow and get better
    really obvious lot of hard work went into it .
    Falcon Sport is not bad its quite slow but seems reliable however .
    FTFA addon did briefly work for me today for a short time but then it hung up rather fast every time it buffers and will not stop
    it was one of the best addons now its utter $hite !!
    seems like quite a lot of work will be needed to kodi in general before it will ever become an alternative to Sat TV : ))
    IPTV Has a long , long ways to go yet before it'll come close to Satellite TV Viewing experience IMHO !!!

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barney For This Useful Post:

seagate1 (28-05-2017), trotwood (28-05-2017)

Thanks
    Nobody is forcing you to use anything,the choice is yours.
    I posted this to help members.
    Quote Originally Posted by seagate1 View Post
    seems to me kodi user are being forced again by tvaddons.ag. to use there build.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to waverider For This Useful Post:

Aldo (28-05-2017), seagate1 (28-05-2017)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Just got in from work, I will post some apks that I have installed on my android hopefully in android section soon.
    [QUOTE=Barney;965933]So basically unless i subscribe to a VPN pretty much nothing works as far as LIVE TV Addons and more are concerned ??
    Indigo config Wizard Does NOT Work !! Tried it many times on Fire Stick , Tried on PC etc..
    and it is pointless to say check the log ...because Indigo Config wizard is NOT Working
    i have Re

Thanks
    [QUOTE=trotwood;965961]Just got in from work, I will post some apks that I have installed on my android hopefully in android section soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney View Post
    So basically unless i subscribe to a VPN pretty much nothing works as far as LIVE TV Addons and more are concerned ??
    i have Re
    yes basically, unless you can find your own and add them to kodi or perfectplayer.