Thread: BADR 4 26 east reception

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Verified Registered User Mobley2's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickgleeds View Post
    I get 49% on 11996H and don't receive anything at all 12130V. I have noticed I can increase the SNR by a percentage points on 11996H by changing the latitude from 1.609 to 1.101.

I quite enjoy tweaking antennas to get the best out of them but satellite dish's, especially motorised ones are an whole new ball game for me.
    Have you tried focusing the LNB in its holder, to check that you are getting the max signal from the dish? try moving it about 5mm in each direction and see if you gain anything from it.
    The skew should be neutral ie 6 & 12 o'clock

regards mobley2

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobley2 View Post
    Have you tried focusing the LNB in its holder, to check that you are getting the max signal from the dish? try moving it about 5mm in each direction and see if you gain anything from it.
    The skew should be neutral ie 6 & 12 o'clock

regards mobley2
    skew should be neutral? 6&12 o'clock is this correct i thought it should be neutral only at the highest point of the arc and not at 26e

Verified Registered User Mobley2's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satwyn View Post
    skew should be neutral? 6&12 o'clock is this correct i thought it should be neutral only at the highest point of the arc and not at 26e
    If the skew is set neutral relative to the Dish, cable connection in the 6 o'clock position, the alteration is done automatically as the dish rotates, we may be talking at cross purposes here,
    what I was saying was that unlike fixed dishes, where you would normally pre - set the skew to around the 7 o'clock position, no skew should be applied on a Motorised Dish. Hope this sorts out any confusion.

regards mobley2
    Last edited by Mobley2; 20-04-2017 at 05:47 PM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobley2 View Post
    If the skew is set neutral relative to the Dish, cable connection in the 6 o'clock position, the alteration is done automatically as the dish rotates, we may be talking at cross purposes here,
    what I was saying was that unlike fixed dishes, where you would normally pre - set the skew to around the 7 o'clock position, no skew should be applied on a Motorised Dish. Hope this sorts out any confusion.

regards mobley2
    we used magnetic polarisers in the old days or even mechanical still could use them if you wanted skew would be done through the receiver menu good old days c band on a 1.8m precision prime focus dish now used for KA band now that's another story