I am starting to get to grips with Kodi (Libreelec) on an S905 Android device (well the Android has been wiped and it is now pureley Librelec). I feel quite competent with the satellite setup now (Vu+, Enigma2 - Openvix, Sky skin) so fancied a new challenge in Kodi.

It has a lot going for it in regards to front end configurability and is probably better as a media centre. But for me its major let down is channel lists and how they are displayed. In my opinion something like Catseyes excellent channel lists knock spots off anything on Kodi.

Now I have been doing a bit of fishing and noticed that an IPTV list from an external source more than likely presents itself as an .M3U playlist file. Then if you decide to save a channel as a favourite it stores the link in an .XML file. But all this is rather flat i.e. who actually wants a list of 4,000 channels without subcategories such as FTA, Do***entaries, Sports etc like Catseyes presents itself as. I have tried the add-on 'Super Favourites' which makes it possible to create sub folders and pop your favourites in there but this is so laborious as you have to cut and paste individual channels.

So my question is: 'is there a way of easily taking an .M3U source file and converting it to Kodi's prefered .XML format and create substructures on the way to try an emulate something like Catseyes lists?