Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Vu+Duo2 Several Problems setting up

Thanks
    Thanked 8,122 Times in 687 Posts
    Simply set Tuner B for USALS and set Tuner A as Second cable of motorised dish and the problem is solved.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hda5 For This Useful Post:

lewisgongl (14-04-2017)

Thanks
    Yes, that's what I've done.
    But I have to worry that I have a faulty receiver, so this might go s well.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,122 Times in 687 Posts
    You haven't got a faulty receiver! You've already said you can receive a Satellite signal on both tuner inputs so your tuners are working fine. Now you've managed to get the dish motor set-up and moving on Tuner B be content with that and stop worrying about problems that aren't there.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hda5 For This Useful Post:

Aldo (14-04-2017), cosworth4x4 (14-04-2017), DCG (14-04-2017), lewisgongl (14-04-2017)

Thanks
    Thanks, and I hear what you say, but Tuner A is far from working properly – it cannot reliably drive the motor. I have no confidence in this box. Sorry, I’m probably being totally irrational, but I’ve wasted a week trying to get it set up only to find there was a hardware fault.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,361 Times in 1,403 Posts
    I thought you'd traced the original fault to a loose connection, no receiver could drive your motor, correctly, when the cable wasn't connected correctly.
    Following that I would still check the cable, the LNB, and motor, for signs of water ingress.
    Many years ago, when first started, I used to get intermittent faults, including loss of signal, I found out that my F Connector cover had come slightly loose, and water had gotten into the cable, and LNB, which would dry out, with the sun, but after rain I would experience problems.
    It was so intermittent that it took me a while, to figure out, in fact only after the LNB failed, replacing the LNB, and cable, solved all my problems.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

DCG (14-04-2017), lewisgongl (14-04-2017)

Thanks
    Mickha – yes, but I checked all the connections and obviously I was doing several checks given your advice. Yesterday, though, it came down to sitting indoors, taking a (dry) fly lead with an F connector on the tuner, bare wires at the other end with about 20mm between the central wire and the braid rolled into a connector block for easier testing. Then setting the Positioner to move the dish, there was no voltage from Tuner A. Powering down, reconnecting to Tuner B, powering up again, there was 13.6vDC with Positioner Set-up in place. And then, powering down again of course and connecting the motor cable to Tuner B, re-configuring the tuners, the motor seems to be working, driving the dish to the satellite selected, and bringing up TV channels. Hence my thoughts that there was a fault in Tuner A all along which led to all the problems which, as you said, I should not have been having.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,255 Times in 666 Posts
    can you tell me which image this recever came pre installed with

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DCG For This Useful Post:

lewisgongl (14-04-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,314 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Reading through this topic , id say you did not have the lnb config setting correct from first post, if you have no confidence in a vu+ receiver then , 1 you should not be on this forum they are the best you can buy, 2 you maybe need to think about going a sky sub.

The guys on this Forum will help you to the death , you will give up before the members/mods/admin do with their help.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to cosworth4x4 For This Useful Post:

DCG (14-04-2017)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I still think your problem might be due to the LNB, or cable, but the only way to test this is to replace both, or keep watching the satellite channels, and look for any signs of glitching, picture break up, or signal degradation.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickha View Post
    I still think your problem might be due to the LNB, or cable, but the only way to test this is to replace both, or keep watching the satellite channels, and look for any signs of glitching, picture break up, or signal degradation.
    If im correct he swapped the cable from the tuner and got it working , if the tuner not set up Hes not going to get the correct voltage out of it with a meter. dont feed a fire

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cosworth4x4 For This Useful Post:

lewisgongl (14-04-2017), Mickha (14-04-2017)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I'm not sure which cable he swapped, from the LNB to the Motor, or from the motor to the receiver, or which cable was loose, in the first place, the short cable from the LNB to the motor, or the longer cable from the motor to the receiver.
    Once set up, and working fully, I doubt you'll find a better receiver, than the VU+ Duo 2.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

lewisgongl (14-04-2017)

Thanks
    Sorry DCG, I didn’t note that. I suppose I could do a Factory Reset – I haven’t got a lot to wipe out!
    What I remember is that it did not have Positioner Setup, and. reading somewhere that this function had dropped off some images. I then found LeeGW’s instructions to download another image, and felt a bit miffed that they had shipped me a receiver without an up-to-date functioning image.
    Do you want me to do a Factory reset?

Thanks
    Thanks Cosworth 4x4 and Mickha. I’m much re-assured by your comments.
    The cable I’ve rigged up is from the receiver to the motor. The one that had worked loose was from the motor to the LNB.

Thanks
    All receivers are shipped with a basic image upto you to mod them , you need to have a good Knowledge on how to do this .

As stated Marked in red on goldwafer;s

Please Note: This box is offered for sale to competent enthusiasts with knowledge of networking, FTP, and Telnet/SSH.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cosworth4x4 For This Useful Post:

DCG (14-04-2017), echelon (18-04-2017)

Thanks
    P.S. I should have made clear that swapping the cable from the receiver to the motor did not get it working. What got it working was connecting the motor to Tuner B instead of Tuner A – hence my theory of a fault in the tuner card.

Thanks
    Hence YOU DIDNT HAVE IT SET UP CORRECT IN THE FIRST PLACE IN THE TUNER SETTINGS IN THE RECEIVER.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cosworth4x4 For This Useful Post:

DCG (14-04-2017), lewisgongl (18-04-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,255 Times in 666 Posts
    [QUOTE=lewisgongl;964076]Sorry DCG, I didn’t note that. I suppose I could do a Factory Reset – I haven’t got a lot to wipe out!
    What I remember is that it did not have Positioner Setup, and. reading somewhere that this function had dropped off some images. I then found LeeGW’s instructions to download another image, and felt a bit miffed that they had shipped me a receiver without an up

that would of come with the image of your chose installed

27. The Following User Says Thank You to DCG For This Useful Post:

lewisgongl (18-04-2017)

Thanks
    Thanks to everybody for their interest and help. Just a brief update.
    First, to repeat, my box is working! I’ve now done manual scans of several satellites from 30W to 28.2E, and I can choose a channel anywhere in that lot, and the box will find them and play them fine. And to repeat, I owe a special thanks to DCG and Mickha who got me this far.
    What I’ve done today, is to reconnect the original cable to the motor. Heeding Mickha’s advice, I cut back by an inch or two the two cables at the motor end in case of water ingress, but they looked fine. Now, confession, inertia set in and I didn’t do the same at the LNB end. However, everything’s working fine. I can still choose any channel I’ve scanned in, the dish moves to it and I get a good picture.
    I also swapped cables round at the receiver end, set Tuner A to USALS and Tuner B to second cable, and the channel I was previously viewing kicked in, but nothing else did – such as Positioner could not move the dish in either direction.
    It will take me several weeks to get the benefit of what is obviously a fine machine, so I’ll leave the thread open for a while if that’s all right with you guys

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I also swapped cables round at the receiver end, set Tuner A to USALS and Tuner B to second cable, and the channel I was previously viewing kicked in, but nothing else did – such as Positioner could not move the dish in either direction.
    so why did'nt you leave it set up as it was if everything was working?
    it really does not matter if tuner b is set to usuals,i had my solo 4k setup to use tuner b to move the dish,as long as you have configuration setting set up correct in tuner configuration it should work

30. The Following User Says Thank You to mister-t For This Useful Post:

lewisgongl (19-04-2017)

Thanks
    Thanks for your interest. I was just double/triple/ntimes checking that this wasn’t working, and it wasn’t because I had set it up wrongly in the first place. Of course I'll be using the configuration I know works.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast