I’ve just purchased a Vu+ Duo2 from our generous sponsors. It’s a replacement for another PVR which was working OK with a motorised dish set up with USALS. After a few false starts, I was relieved to find the guide for dummies such as me:
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...ing-up-Vu-Duo2
With more frustration and several hours (I find I didn’t follow LeeGW’s instructions closely enough –first downloaded the wrong version of BH, then with the correct one I copied the five files to my USB drive – not the folder as I should have), Black Hole 3.0.3 has got me some way along. Tuner A was set to USALs and Tuner B to second cable from the LNB. I set it to find satellites from 5W to 28.2 E, which it did. I could make it move west and stop it, and east and stop. Go to 0 semed to work. I have done a manual scan of two of them. The scan takes several minutes, the frequency and polarity values change steadily, so it seems it’s found something to scan. However, it finds no services.
Before I found LeeGW’s post, I had, mistakenly set the tuners up but not on positioner. I did a manual scan of free channels on Eutelsat 5W and it found 208 services. So I know where the dish was pointing. As an experiment, and before using the motor, I set the tuners back to single and selected 5W, chose manual scan and single satellite. Still no services. Could the change to BH have caused this?
After this I hit a more serious problem. When first in Positioner Set Up, I thought Go to 0 sent the dish a bit further west than 1W. Sure enough choosing 5W barely made it move and then saying Go to 0 made it go a little way east. After the fruitless scan of 28.2E, I thought I would use Go to 0 to send it back to 1W. It moved a little way east. Another attempt and it moved further east. It now seemed jammed at around 40E – nothing I could do would move it west. It was powered down overnight and this morning it did move west. At the time of writing, I have used Satellite Finder to go to 19.2E. I can also use Move East to send it further east, and stop it. However Move West has no effect. Nor will Satellite Finder send it to 5W. However Go to 0 will send it west to a point I know is approximately 1W. To me, this suggests the motor is not faulty because it can move the dish right and left, but it receives faulty signals from the software.
And finally, Black Hole is hung at starting gui. The sequence is booting, starting gui for perhaps 30 secs, blank screen for say a second, back to starting gui with some kind of task or info list at the bottom SNR, etc. After about two seconds this list disappears and we just have starting gui. I can get into Menu, but that’s it.
Sorry for such a long-winded post, but I seem to have three problems and they may be interlinked, namely-
a) BH hanging at starting gui
b) Erratic control of dish motor
c) Failure to scan satellites
Suggestions as to what to try next would be gratefully received.
Thanks in advance.
System is Triax D78 dish, Titanium LNB with two cables, Technomate 2300 motor and Vu+ duo 2 (no HDD fitted yet)