Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Vu+Duo2 Several Problems setting up

Hybrid View

Thanks

New Vu+Duo2 Several Problems setting up

I’ve just purchased a Vu+ Duo2 from our generous sponsors. It’s a replacement for another PVR which was working OK with a motorised dish set up with USALS. After a few false starts, I was relieved to find the guide for dummies such as me:
    https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...ing-up-Vu-Duo2
    With more frustration and several hours (I find I didn’t follow LeeGW’s instructions closely enough –first downloaded the wrong version of BH, then with the correct one I copied the five files to my USB drive – not the folder as I should have), Black Hole 3.0.3 has got me some way along. Tuner A was set to USALs and Tuner B to second cable from the LNB. I set it to find satellites from 5W to 28.2 E, which it did. I could make it move west and stop it, and east and stop. Go to 0 semed to work. I have done a manual scan of two of them. The scan takes several minutes, the frequency and polarity values change steadily, so it seems it’s found something to scan. However, it finds no services.
    Before I found LeeGW’s post, I had, mistakenly set the tuners up but not on positioner. I did a manual scan of free channels on Eutelsat 5W and it found 208 services. So I know where the dish was pointing. As an experiment, and before using the motor, I set the tuners back to single and selected 5W, chose manual scan and single satellite. Still no services. Could the change to BH have caused this?
    After this I hit a more serious problem. When first in Positioner Set Up, I thought Go to 0 sent the dish a bit further west than 1W. Sure enough choosing 5W barely made it move and then saying Go to 0 made it go a little way east. After the fruitless scan of 28.2E, I thought I would use Go to 0 to send it back to 1W. It moved a little way east. Another attempt and it moved further east. It now seemed jammed at around 40E – nothing I could do would move it west. It was powered down overnight and this morning it did move west. At the time of writing, I have used Satellite Finder to go to 19.2E. I can also use Move East to send it further east, and stop it. However Move West has no effect. Nor will Satellite Finder send it to 5W. However Go to 0 will send it west to a point I know is approximately 1W. To me, this suggests the motor is not faulty because it can move the dish right and left, but it receives faulty signals from the software.
    And finally, Black Hole is hung at starting gui. The sequence is booting, starting gui for perhaps 30 secs, blank screen for say a second, back to starting gui with some kind of task or info list at the bottom SNR, etc. After about two seconds this list disappears and we just have starting gui. I can get into Menu, but that’s it.
    Sorry for such a long-winded post, but I seem to have three problems and they may be interlinked, namely-
    a) BH hanging at starting gui
    b) Erratic control of dish motor
    c) Failure to scan satellites
    Suggestions as to what to try next would be gratefully received.
    Thanks in advance.
    System is Triax D78 dish, Titanium LNB with two cables, Technomate 2300 motor and Vu+ duo 2 (no HDD fitted yet)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    Have you checked your Latitude, and especially your Longitude, settings are correct?
    Remember negative Longitude readings = West, positive = East, as you have set your dish up on 5W I assume this is the closest satellite to your Logitudal position.

You seem to have only just installed Blackhole 3.0.3 try downloading, and installing it, again:
    https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...E-Kodi-Vu-Duo2

The latest version is 3.0.3H but you can quickly update this via the Blackhole menu options.

When you have installed it, and set up your Tuners, if Tuner A is the cable connected to your motor then set this up as Config Mode - Simple, Mode - Positioner, and enter your correct Latitude, & Longitude.
    Tuner B as second cable from motorized dish.
    Once completed try using the manual scan option, select a satellite and enter suitable transponder details, which can be found on lyngsat.com.

If this fails to find a satellite you might try using Diseqc 1.2, and then use the setup options, to move your dish until you get a signal.

Please post back if you have any problems, and take it one step at a time.
    Good luck.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

lewisgongl (06-04-2017)

Thanks
    Many thanks. Off and on over the last few days I’ve tried one or two things.
    I’ve reloaded the BH from your link, which is in fact 3.0.3E. This has the same result, with the minor exception that the task or notification list at the bottom of the screen lasts for maybe five seconds before BH hangs at starting gui.
    By now I’ve checked my lat/long many times. My BH doesn’t want me to enter negative numbers but gives me the option to enter West. And just for the record, my dish was pointed to 5W because that’s where it was the last time I used the previous receiver.
    I don’t think I’ve ever had to choose a transponder before. I’m familiar with Lyngsat, but don’t know where I should look for the transponder to enter. From memory, when I did get the system to search for services it would start in the 1060 range and move up.
    I also tried BH 3.0.2H. This has the same result, except I could get the Move West command to work, but it would only send it I would guess to about 30 W. Go to 0 does send it to about 1W.
    I did try Disecq 1.2 a few days ago, but now cannot find how to do it. The nearest I get is configuring a tuner to Disecq A/B.
    The enduring problem is the hanging at starting gui.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,255 Times in 666 Posts
    use the guide here
    https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...ing-up-Vu-Duo2

do a fresh install if your motor is usuals just use that and not diseq if you lat and long are correct and dish aligned correctly it will work fine

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DCG For This Useful Post:

lewisgongl (06-04-2017)

Thanks
    Sorry, I meant to say the LeeGW guide is the one I'm using.

Thanks
    which point is it that you don't understand
    as the guide is almost perfect

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DCG For This Useful Post:

lewisgongl (06-04-2017)

Thanks
    I agree – it’s very clear! I have no difficulty following it. It’s just I get stuck with problems:
    a) Black Hole hangs at “starting gui”.
    b) Control of the dish movement is erratic – sometimes I can move it west – sometimes not.
    c) When it does settle down to a manual scan of a satellite, it does not find any services.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisgongl View Post
    but it would only send it I would guess to about 30 W. Go to 0 does send it to about 1W.
    i.
    Correction here: I actually typed 3 and the superscript 0 for degrees, so the dish only moved to 3W.

Thanks
    Thanks. Unfortunately that is the guide and I'm stuck.

Thanks
    Thanks, I'll have another go.
    I'm mainly interested in 28.2E and 5W.

Thanks
    I downloaded 3.0.3H, and left it powered down overnight. After booting the next day, I left it a couple of hours. I still had the blue screen with starting gui on permanently. The menu options are simply in a box that’s superimposed and covers part of the blue screen.
    Any other suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks
    did you use the set up wizard after flashing the duo
    how did you power it down

16. The Following User Says Thank You to DCG For This Useful Post:

lewisgongl (08-04-2017)

Thanks
    Yes, Tuner A is connected to the motor and set up as USALS and Tuner B as second cable to motorised dish.

Thanks
    have you scaned 28.2 east in yet and is it working

19. The Following User Says Thank You to DCG For This Useful Post:

lewisgongl (08-04-2017)

Thanks
    IFirst time I exited the wizard, pressed standby button on Remote, then powered down at the back. After restarting and waiting a couple of hours I let the wizard run.

Thanks
    have you put the cable from the moter in input 1 and set the tuner up

Thanks
    No, I cannot move the satellite at the moment. It’s stuck at I’m guessing about 35E. A few days ago, it did seem to have found 28.2E and to go through the motion of scanning, but it didn’t find any services (my first post). Anyway, I couldn’t say whether it’s working because I’m stuck in starting gui so couldn’t select a channel.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    You shouldn't need to power down, using the remote control, or the switch, at the rear, it should do it for you, providing you removed the USB stick, when informed that the receiver had loaded the image and was re-booting.
    Do you have anything else attached?
    Try removing both co-ax cables, attached to your receiver, they aren't needed for initial set up, as well as any other USB device, after completely switching off your receiver, either at the plug, or the rear switch.
    Once done ensure your HDMI cable, Ethernat cable, if not using the wireless option, and USB stick, are the only things attached.
    Switch on the receiver, press the front power button, to load the image, again, and let it flash your receiver.
    Once completed remove the USB stick and follow the onscreen setup guide.
    Do not attempt to scan in any channels, at this stage, just set up the internet connection, and your tuners.
    Once completed switch off, attach your co-ax cables, switch on again and try scanning in the channels.

If it still fails then all I can think of is a problem with the internal hard drive, if you have one, a fault, or compaitbility issue, with your motor/LNB/cables, user error, or the receiver is faulty.

Can you please provide more details, regarding your general location, and confirm that you have entered your USALS correctly, check with dishpointer.com, type in your postcode and check your Longitude, & Latitude.

You shouldn't be experiencing these problems.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

DCG (08-04-2017), lewisgongl (08-04-2017)

Thanks
    Many thanks Mickha.
    Actually after re-flashing it did reboot OK. I was referring to what I did after it entered the setup wizard. I haven’t put a HHD in yet.
    Is the network connection essential. The fact is I don’t have an Ethernet cable long enough to reach my router on a different floor, and entering the password via the remote seems a bit challenging!

Thanks
    you cant realy use the vu with out Ethernet or wirless connection

27. The Following User Says Thank You to DCG For This Useful Post:

lewisgongl (08-04-2017)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast