Have just bought one of these boxes, sadly not from the sponsors because they don't stock them.

Primarily wanted it for the DVB-S2X facility, and for the fact it may be the first STB (as opposed to computer card) to undo French TV multistream feeds on 5 deg W.

In brief - I think the Open ATV software software leaves a lot to be desired. I probably should have chosen ViX. There appears to be no way of deleting channels, or re-organising them, within the box itself.

However, I have been enlightened by kind folk into the workings of DreamboxEdit, and as a result I was able to considerably re-organise the system, and I now have a nice personalised bouquet of the French TNT channels, all of them, working perfectly, the zapping time is incredibly quick, and - the icing on the cake - I can record stuff again without any imposition of restrictions, so Julie Andrieu on France 3 is recording as we speak and will be kept in the archives, readable by VLC player.....

What have I actually achieved? Not a lot, but it really REALLY annoyed me that French TV had disappeared so totally behind encryption and getting the Octagon seems like a little victory against that, in spite of my already having both Fransat and TNTsat. I can record and keep stuff. And I have a receiver that - apart from software that personally doesn't really suit me - is a real performer. I've yet to try TF1 on 33 deg E to test the DVB-S2X but it's on the to-do list.

Just wondering if anyone else on here has taken the plunge, because I suspect I'm not using the full capabilities of the box, given that the preloaded channel lists were full of the offerings of a certain pay operator in Deutchland, and a certain Greek bouquet. I don't want any of that, but I'd be intrigued to know what else the box can do, apart from the perfectly respectable undoing of French multistream.