Thread: Bought Solo2 and what a nightmare!!! Can't find any channels...

Thanks

Bought Solo2 and what a nightmare!!! Can't find any channels...

Hi there!!!

Before I bought the solo 2 this was set up: Motorized dish with one LNB two outputs: One aerial cable went to Spiderbox HD9000 downstairs and the second one to official Spanish Digital + receiver upstairs. I could be watching any Spanish channel in Astra 19.2 upstairs as long as the Spiderbox downstairs was pointing at Astra 19.2. So, I could be watching Spanish channels in both TVs. Of Couse, when I changed Spiderbox to Astra 28.2 I would lose signal upstairs.

Now I want to put VU+ Solo2 downstairs and take the Spiderbox upstairs.

I have spent all morning trying to set up the motor to pick up channels with my new VU+ Solo2 (I have tried upstairs because less hassle with less equipment connected while mother in law was watching Astra 2 downstairs) and the receiver hasn't picked up any channel. What am I doing wrong? I have done:

Setup

Service Searching

Tuner Configuration

Tuner A

Configuration mode=simple//mode positioner// and I introduce my longitude and latitude.

AND DOES'NT FIND ANYTHING!!!! Can you guys please help someone who is losing his mind? Thanks

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    I have answered you on the other forum, but I think you have entered your Longitude incorrectly, 5.xx W instead of 0.5xx W.
    You might also want to read Lee's excellent guide, from Goldwafers, the forum sponsor:
    https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...ng-up-Vu-Solo2

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

echelon (12-03-2017)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi, so you have set up the solo 2 upstairs as motorised but it will not move the motor as only one feed can control the motor and that seems to be the one you had downstairs. The one up stairs will go direct to the lnb bypassing the motor. Why not plut you spiderbox back in upstairs and make sure you have a good feed coming in on 19.2 or 28.2e then you know which satellite our dish is pointing to. Next put you solo2 back in and set it to simple and select just one satellite that you know the dish is pointing at and then do a for the channels. You could also try and go into the menu, plugins, download plugins, then settings an download a complete channels lists.
    Last edited by kegnkiwi; 11-03-2017 at 11:49 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kegnkiwi For This Useful Post:

cosworth4x4 (11-03-2017)

Thanks
    Thank you very much guys for your help!!! I have spent yesterday 24 hours trying to set up box the way i want it and it seems a daunting task. I can see the potential of this receiver but I don't know... The wife and the mother in law are already complaining because it is nothing like the Spiderbox when it comes to channel selection and menus. They only watch Spanish channles in 19.2 Astra via Movistar + provider and although I see mainly a skin to simulate the main English provider in Astra 28.2, I cant find anything for Movistar + (formerly Digital +).

Thank you guys anyway. Very much appreciated your support.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    You have been told about Bouquets, (Favouirites), on the other forum, which are extremely useful.
    Unfortunately you are using Openvix, as an image, which I don't have much experience with, I quickly settled on the Blackhole image, which suited my needs better.
    On the other forum we are not allowed to discuss Cams, or other topics, which you can on Satpimps.
    Have you read Lee's guide yet?
    https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...ng-up-Vu-Solo2

I mainly use 19.2E, for both Movistar+, and another provider.

One thing I would suggest is that you have two cables running to your Solo 2, so that you can record, and view, channels, at the same time, making use of the two tuners.

You can either fit a second, fixed, dish, on 19.2E, for the bedroom receiver, or fit a quad LNB, 4 outputs, on your motorized dish, I would go for the second dish, as that way you can get more use out of your motorized dish.

You might also want to download some useful tools, like dreamboxedit, to back up your channel list, arrange bouquets, and organize your channels.
    https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...oxEDIT-6-1-x-x

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

echelon (12-03-2017)