Thread: Upgrading and loss of PowerVu

Verified Registered User
    Thanks

Upgrading and loss of PowerVu

Earlier this year dog-man noted that after a firmware upgrade he had lost access to PowerVu. This was also my experience when I upgraded to
    2.201 yesterday (apparently the latest, 20th January,2017). However the download via HTTP section also lists a 2.191 upgrade (with a December, 2016 date)
    that includes an upgrade to the IKS operation. I installed the December, 2016 update and access to PowerVu was restored.

Everything else appears to be in order. If anyone knows of a better way to restore PowerVu and still have access to the latest firmware,please share.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi I believe that on most boxes whenever you a do a firmware upgrade you will lose all your previuos settings like channel lists, softcams and network settings etc etc. This is because the upgrade will wipe out your current memory before installing a new memory. Its always best to save your current settings before upgrading and then restore them back after upgrade has completed. The PowerVu keys can always be downloaded the same way as they were loaded before..if you have IKS system then you should be able to download softcam keys via the Network upgrade option like you do on the Spiderbox 6000HD box. Regards.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Thanks for the input. I'll be sure to check out your suggestions, both for backup and downloading the PowerVu keys. I don't have a Spiderbox 6000 box, but I follow your reasoning.