Thread: blank box mxq

Hybrid View

Verified Registered User
    Thanks

blank box mxq

hi
    I have a mxq box with it appears no kodi programme on it anyone know how I can download Jarvis 16 or krypton 17 onto the box??
    cheers

Thanks
    download the android arm version ,,,,place on a sd card or usb drive ,,insert into mxq box ,,,use file manager to find the file and install

here is the link

h**p://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/arm/kodi-16.1-Jarvis-armeabi-v7a.apk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to voyager1972 For This Useful Post:

EXTRAFACTO (22-02-2017)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,204 Times in 395 Posts
    first you go to kodi through your box browser...download kodi 16.1..which can be found in older releases
    or download kodi 17 krypton but only if your box is android 5.0 or higher
    to check this go to settings on your box..then system...it will tell you there your android version
    once you have decided which kodi you are going to install..install kodi
    tutuorials of installing kodi..repos etc...by myself and other members can be found on this site
    in the kodi section

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    hi
    ok I am not trying to be thick but how/where do I see " box browser " when I fire up this box I only see a blank screen unlike when you fire up lets say the programme I have on my laptop which allows me to download Jarvis or whatever?
    as I say this box seems to have nothing on it,i cant go to system to find what version I have because I don't have a menu bar!
    thanks for your help I am quite a novice at this.obviously before I can manually load repos etc I need a kodi version on this box.
    cheers

Thanks
    Thanked 5,016 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Is the following the box that you have

hxxp://www.wirelesshack.org/cheap-kodi-android-tv-box-under-40-dollars-review-mxq-amlogic-s805-quad-core.html

if not maybe you could use g o o g l e and enter Kodi for MX and any version you may have.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Aldo For This Useful Post:

EXTRAFACTO (22-02-2017)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    so you are saying a complete blank box...not a box that has no kodi installed
    complete blank box...you need to know which model...
    you are calling it a mxq box...so based on that i would type in google...mxq software/firmware
    then try find box that looks like the one you have
    you need a backup file of that box...put on usb stick..or memory card
    then i would go to youtube..to see if there is a tutorial on how to boot a mxq box into recovery mode
    once you know this...put your usb or card in box...and then tell it to recover from usb or card
    a blank box...is slightly different from no kodi installed
    hope this helps

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    hi
    many thanks for that info I will give it a try tomorrow see what happens. I am calling it an MXQ box because that is what is stamped on it.
    when I power it up there dsnt seem to be any reaction except I have noticed if I pull the power cable out I get a brief glimpse of what looks like a little green robot figure (if that means anything) I don't get this reaction when I off the power from the remote.
    as I say will try your suggestions tomorrow, once again thanks for your help.
    cheers

V.I.P
    Thanks
    the only time i have seen the android robot on bootup on any box i have owned or done for friends...is when i have asked it to factory restore
    or if i have updated firmware/software of actual box
    i think someone has asked box to update...and it has been interupted before finish..or tried to load firmware /software
    and either its hungup..not completed its task...ie android robot briefly before going to totally blank screen
    i think you are going to get better result from downloading and installing from software/firmware for a mxq box
    your boot file thats on it now may have become corrupt...hence showing briefly android robot then going to blank screen
    hope this helps

Thanks
    Thanked 5,016 Times in 2,265 Posts
    The little green robot is android, and it may take some time to load, so it would be better if you let the box run for a while until android is fully loaded.