Thread: Deleting/adding satellites

Verified Registered User
    Thanks

Deleting/adding satellites

I want to change the order of channels on 28.2șE . What I'd like to do is simply delete the satellite then add it (empty of course) and proceed to download the appropriate transponders from ********* in the order I want.

I'm somewhat wary of deleting satellites on the HiTech box in case I can't add them again. Has anyone deleted and added satellites in this fashion?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions-

V.I.P
    Thanks
    not very successfully, i've come across problems when attempting this. i've in the past tried to delete one sat, multiple sats, and all sats. Each has caused me problems more so with my motor where i've then had to reset the motor so i dont bother attempting this anymore. i have a supreme dark motor by the way.

these issues may just be limited to myself!

Thanks
    Definitely not just you gman I've had similar and just leave well enough alone. Tend to use favourites to group things nicely for wife and kids.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,016 Times in 2,265 Posts
    This is only a suggestion it may or may not work to your satisfaction, you do not need to delete the sat, as you may lose the sat position, however you could delete transponder by transponder until you have only the one that you wish to have first left, then add the other transponders in the order that you wish to have them, however it will be a long drawn out process, assuming that you have all of the transponders written down before you start the process. Just to add you may have to Add TP Scan that Tp, Add TP Scan Tp, etc etc etc.
    Last edited by Aldo; 10-02-2017 at 03:14 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aldo For This Useful Post:

dogrose07 (12-02-2017), philips (11-02-2017)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by McrRed View Post
    Definitely not just you gman I've had similar and just leave well enough alone. Tend to use favourites to group things nicely for wife and kids.
    likewise with the favourites although since the last update, the favourites names have dissappeared. Shows blanks now on the FAV menu, not even FAV1 FAV2 etc. i imagine once i connect upto the channel editor, rename them, then re-upload back to the stb they will re-appear.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    I use this way go into installation channel management tick to delete all but say 2 channels on the satellite by keeping ok pressed delete then do a blind scan and then reorganise them you then have the latest setup there is no easy way

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Thanks, Rolec, I ended up using your solution. At least--after the bland scan--the channel list is in better shape than before (previously I had to go almost to the end of the list to get the BBC channels).
    I couldn't find a way of adding/deleting transponders, which would have been more efficient. But if there is, it can wait. I can more than live with what I presently have.

Thanks again to all who responded.

Thanks
    I couldn't find a way of adding/deleting transponders, which would have been more efficient. But if there is, it can wait. I can more than live with what I presently have.

Did you try the following: Menu -> Satellite Settings -> Scroll Down to -> Sat TP Manager - Press OK -> on the left you have the Satellites -> on the Right you have the TP's -> below those you have Red Button - Edit -> Green Button Scan - > Yellow Button Add -> Blue Button Delete, you could also try using the Move Button with the Up or Down on your remote.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Aldo For This Useful Post:

dogrose07 (12-02-2017)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Thanks for your suggestion, which indeed would be more efficient. Try as I may, however, I can't locate "Satellite settings" as such and thus I can't scroll down to "Sat TP Manager". Could my box be slightly different from yours, i.e. older/newer?
    As things stand I can quickly locate the nucleus of Freesat stations, which was really what I was after.

Thanks
    Sorry but the info that I posted in post#8 was taken from my spiderbox 6000 receiver and not from the Hitech 9000 receiver