Thread: Stab motor spares?

Thanks

Stab motor spares?

Thanks for the advice Burnham, got a Stab hh120 and its working perfectly. I have dismantled the old one I took off and its the main gear wheel which has worn and the worm misses the mid point of the wheel (around 1 west) as I thought. Are there any places which sell spare parts as it seems a shame to scrap the motor as I would like to repair it as a spare, anyone know if the gear wheels are the same in any of the cheaper motors as I could purchase one of those and use the gear wheel out of it.

Thank you for any advice
    Graham

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Grahamc View Post
    Thanks for the advice Burnham, got a Stab hh120 and its working perfectly. I have dismantled the old one I took off and its the main gear wheel which has worn and the worm misses the mid point of the wheel (around 1 west) as I thought. Are there any places which sell spare parts as it seems a shame to scrap the motor as I would like to repair it as a spare, anyone know if the gear wheels are the same in any of the cheaper motors as I could purchase one of those and use the gear wheel out of it.

Thank you for any advice
    Graham
    i have 1 spare with minimal use it's yours if you want it small crack to the bottom casing so if you swapped the bottom casing from yours should be up and running

3. The Following User Says Thank You to satwyn For This Useful Post:

Grahamc (24-01-2017)

Thanks
    Thanks Satwyn how would I get the postage to you, cheque or postal order ?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    depending on what you need if you want the whole unit it's quite heavy as you probably know i could ask for a price off the post office van for postage cost but if you only need a cog probably only a couple of pounds also not dismantled 1 of these before but should think not that complicated up to you

Thanks
    Yes if you could dismantle it and pop the gear wheel in the post it would be greatly appreciated, I will post a cheque/po to you for a tenner (or whatever you feel is right). I had never dismantled one until now just remove the 4 screws on the bottom, remove the 2 screws holding the small gear housing, then the 2 screws holding the worm drive remove both. Then unscrew the nut holding the shaft (mine came off just with a pair of pin nose pliers as there is not much room around it) the spring comes off with it then use a hammer (and brass bar, if you do not want to harm the end of the shaft) as soon as the end of the shaft reaches the bottom of the gear wheel the shaft is free and just pulls out.
    Thanks again mate (don't forget to say how much you want.
    Regards
    Graham

and your name and address

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Grahamc View Post
    Yes if you could dismantle it and pop the gear wheel in the post it would be greatly appreciated, I will post a cheque/po to you for a tenner (or whatever you feel is right). I had never dismantled one until now just remove the 4 screws on the bottom, remove the 2 screws holding the small gear housing, then the 2 screws holding the worm drive remove both. Then unscrew the nut holding the shaft (mine came off just with a pair of pin nose pliers as there is not much room around it) the spring comes off with it then use a hammer (and brass bar, if you do not want to harm the end of the shaft) as soon as the end of the shaft reaches the bottom of the gear wheel the shaft is free and just pulls out.
    Thanks again mate (don't forget to say how much you want.
    Regards
    Graham

and your name and address
    i think the ones i have are the hh100 will it still be the same i will have a look in the shed tomorrow

8. The Following User Says Thank You to satwyn For This Useful Post:

Grahamc (25-01-2017)

Thanks
    Cheers Satwyn, the diameter of this wheel is about 70mm
    Thanks
    Graham