Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vu duo stuck on booting up.

Thanks

Vu duo stuck on booting up.

Hello, I have a vu+ duo, doing stopped working on black hole image so I reflashed but on boot up it never loads, it gets stuck on staring gui. I've tried reflashing several times with different images but all seem to do the same. It's driving me insane.. it's a genuine box that I've had for a couple of years now.

Any help and advise would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Load once more the new bootloader

Thanks
    I've tried uploaded the boot loader, but still nothing. Not sure I have the right boot loader. I just installed duo_cfe_3_0_usb. And the image I have is blackhole 3.0.1 is this the correct bootloader? Thanks for the reply

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    The VU+ Duo is quite an old receiver, especially for the latest blackhole images.
    Have you got a USB stick, connected to the Duo, for extended memory?
    Try loading an early, original, image, from VU+
    Code:
    http://code.vuplus.com/
    You shouldn't need to update the bootloader, providing it's already on the latest version.
    Code:
    http://www.vuplus.com/board/boardView.php?idx=3&pagenum=2

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

sonic1 (17-01-2017)

Thanks
    I don't think this is the problem as I already had that image loaded on my box for a few months before I had any sort of problem with it..

V.I.P
    Thanks
    You stated that you've re-flashed, your receiver, and haven't managed to get it past the boot up stage, thus you haven't configured the settings.
    Have you checked if you can connect using the Dreambox Control Centre, to see if the receiver is recognized, on the network?
    If you haven't managed to configure it, including the network connection, I doubt you can access it, but worth a try.
    If you don't want to try loading any more images, using different USB sticks, then all you can do is check the motherboard, for any obvious signs of damage, blown capacitors, or signs of burning.
    If you do decide to try loading a different image, then try diconnecting everything else, including the satellite co-ax cable.
    Just leave the HDMI cable connected, and the USB stick containing the image.
    Ensure it is a fresh download, in case your previous download has become corrupted.

Thanks
    Hello thanks for the help. I can still get tenet access from my laptop to the vu, I have tried disconnecting all USB and sat cable. This was. Fresh download, I even uploaded the boot loader from the above post and 3 different images old and new to still getting the same screen stuck on.. it's driving me insane!

V.I.P
    Thanks
    If it's not a software problem, the downloaded file, and not a USB stick problem, because as you state you've tried many fresh downloads, I assume different images, and versions, including the original image, from the VU+ site, linked in an earlier post, and different USB sticks, makes, and sizes, freshly formatted to FAT 32, and removed all attached devices, then it can only be a hardware fault.
    Without access, to your receiver, and the limited information, you have two choices:
    1. Keep trying different USB sticks, the smaller, and older, ones usually work best, I use a cheap Toshiba 8GB USB stick, that always seems to work, evne when more expensive, and larger, sticks, work intermittently.
    2. Disconnect the receiver, from the mains, remove the top cover, and carefully inspect the board for blown capacitors or signs of damage, including burning.
    If you aren't confident, with checking the receiver yourself, see if there is a local TV repair shop, or PC repair, that can diagnose, and repair the problem. Given the age, of your receiver, this option might not be worth it.

Thanks
    Thanks for the advise, I've took it to bits but can't seem to see anything blow. No sign of damage or burn.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Try loading the original VU Plus image, version 1.6, using a different, FAT 32 formatted, USB stick.

Thanks
    TRY A SERIAL RS 232 CABLE with the vu+ utility loading an original image first

Thanks
    okay so i purchased a new usb stick. i formatted it to FAT32 then uploads boot loader duo_cfe_3_0_usb placed into front of vu duo and it did normal process or reading usb untill it said remove and reboot. i did this then formmated usb again FAT32 and uploaded vu plus image 1.6 in the same process. it uploaded to box fine but im still stuck on the loading screen? any ideas please.??

V.I.P
    Thanks
    When on the loading screen can you access the menu, or does nothing happen, when you press the menu button?
    You could try uploading someone else's VU+ Duo image backup, which has been known to work.

Thanks
    It's just stuck on loading, no buttons will work at all, I can still access it via laptop and force reboot via telnet but can't force the image past loading start screen..

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,275 Times in 3,592 Posts
    Dont force a reboot from telnet force a Debug

Telnet in then type

init 4 and hit enter

then type

enigma2 and hit enter

let the box start to boot whilst watching your telnet windows for errors.

The error shown should indicate why the box stops booting at a certain point.

Ian.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ian For This Useful Post:

jbvid (19-01-2017), mad_footie_lad (18-01-2017)

Thanks
    thanks ian, i've logged onto dreambox control center and i have to following appear on protocol.

Telnet Connected
    FTP Connected

Bootmanager: not found.

Thanks
    Okay so i did what you said and the following error appeared... any ideas???

[iInputDevices] getInputDevices <ERROR: ioctl(EVIOCGNAME): [Errno 25] Inapprop

i really really appreciate your help

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,275 Times in 3,592 Posts
    Delete any swap file that you have on your external devices.

Its most likely you have one on your HDD but your image is set to USB or vice versa,so delete all and create again later after it boots.

You may well also be running out of Ram too to complete the bootup. Are you sure these are clean brand new images you are trying to load and not someone else's backups ?

Ian.
    Last edited by ian; 18-01-2017 at 07:16 PM.

Thanks
    yep these are clean images straight from website.

Thanks
    sorry what do you mean by swapping file on external device? thanks ian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast