Thread: Inputting manual codes on Icecrypt receivers

Thanks

Inputting manual codes on Icecrypt receivers

Hello

I am looking to get a receiver which can decryrpt biss. I am not interested in the BBC channels on 27 west, rather news and sports feeds across various satellites.

I have been looking at the Icecrypt S1600 and S3750. What I would like to know is whether these have an onscreen menu which would allow me to input the codes for these feeds manually with the remote, as is possible with technomate receivers?

I do not have an internet connection, so this is the only way I can enter codes.

Thanks for looking.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    On the Fortis range of Icecrypt boxes (4000, 6000 and 3550) you can use a plugin called coconut but I don't know if it is compatible with the spark based machines.
    Do some research in the Icrypt section

Thanks
    Hello geoffh

Thanks, I noticed coconut mentioned elsewhere. I think you can input keys but am not sure if this is just limited to the BBC channels.

Also I need to make sure they are not like the Azbox, where it seems the keys have to be downloaded from a server.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    no applies to all channels/sats and easy to input manually once you open coconut thats been installed in your box.
    The only thing to be wary off is if the plugin is compatible with the box op software

Thanks
    Thanks very much - that is just what I needed to know. I was concerned that the biss menu might be restricted just to the bbc channels.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    The icecrypt S1600 firmware linked elsewhere on this site allows you to enter key codes from the remote: go to scrambled channel, press i i red red and then type it in (P- and P+ become A and B, colours become C-F). I don't know if that was in the stock firmware - I doubt it.

Thanks
    Hello mpmm

Thanks very much for the advice.

In the end I bought an s3750chd. For future reference, biss is working via the spark mcas plugin.

As an aside, the tuner is not as sensitive as a tm-5402 m3. I noticed that when scanning 7 west last night.

Thanks
    Hello smogmonster

How do I get biss working via a spark mcas plugin?
    Sorry I am completely new to this and have just purchased the Icecrypt S3750CHD for Intelsat 907 in Portugal.

Do I have to register / join Spark because it says "unable to connect" everytime and the internet is definitely working and attached via wired Ethernet?

Any help would be appreciated to get started with this box.

Thanks !!

Thanks
    Hello

Sorry for the late reply, but I have not been on this forum for a while. Also I am away from my receiver so am going from memory.

I downloaded the mcas plugin from another forum rather than the spark site. I then transferred the plugin onto a usb stick and plugged it into the usb port on the receiver. The receiver then asks if I want to install the plugin, I clicked yes and the process was complet ed in a few seconds.

However it only worked after a certain degree of trial and error. Some of the mcas plugins I tried did not register with the receiver (ie nothing happened when I plugged in the usb stick). Moreover, certain usb sticks do not seem compatible, so you might have to experiment.

I would suggest searching 'mcas plugin for spark' and 'how to install plugins for spark'. Those should throw up some useful results. (Mcas may well be available on this site, but I could never get the link to work on my smartphone.)

If you don't have any success I can always email the version of mcas that works for me when I go back up north in a couple of weeks.

I have not tried to pick up the 27 west channels, but the chd3750 works very well on biss.

While I am here I would also luke to say that the Icecrypt receiver's threshold is a little better than the technomate 5402, contrary to what I said previously. Also the picture quality is excellent. It is an underrated receiver in my opinion.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to smogmonster For This Useful Post:

mes26 (23-09-2017)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Try this
    Attached Files Attached Files

12. The Following User Says Thank You to buck401 For This Useful Post:

mes26 (23-09-2017)

Thanks
    Thanks smogmonster I appreciate your help. I am currently looking at mcas plugins and hopefully will make some progress shortly.

A huge thanks to buck401. The "how to" and prog list text files worked perfectly !!!

Thanks again for your help !!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    buck401

As I said earlier, this has worked fine in relation to setting up the channels.
    However I can`t see any "keys" in the BBC Prog List txt file ??
    Your instructions say that this txt file can be used to "update the keys at a later date".
    Apologies if I`m missing something obvious.
    Also, is there a list available which includes Channel5?

Cheers !!

V.I.P
    Thanks
    The very bottom line of txt file:Scramble_Test has the BISS keys. Ignore the 0x before each key.
    I`ll dig out the file which includes Channel 5 and hopefully post it soon.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Try this
    Attached Files Attached Files

17. The Following User Says Thank You to buck401 For This Useful Post:

mes26 (25-09-2017)

Thanks
    Cheers mate !!

Understand the codes now and got the Channel 5 data.

Thanks again !!