Thread: Debbie Reynolds dies

Thanks
    Thanked 5,016 Times in 2,265 Posts

Debbie Reynolds dies

'Debbie died of a broken heart, but she's with her daughter now'

The actress, a leading lady in musicals and comedies in the 1950s and 60s, is described as "loving, talented, beautiful".

Debbie Reynolds, who shot to fame in Singin' in the Rain, has been described as "one of the last of Hollywood's royalty".

The movie icon died earlier in Los Angeles - just a day after her daughter Carrie Fisher passed away.

Tributes have been paid to the 84-year-old, with Star Trek actor William Shatner writing: "Debbie Reynolds was one of the last of Hollywood royalty.

"It breaks my heart that she is gone. I'd hoped that my grieving was done for 2016."

His fellow Star Trek actor George Takei added: "There is nothing harder than having to bury a child. Debbie died of a broken heart, but she's with her daughter now."

Reynolds was just a teenager when she landed a role in the 1950 film Three Little Words but she was most famous for playing Kathey Selden in the 1952 musical alongside Gene Kelly.

Joan Collins also paid her respects on Twitter: "Truly heartbroken to hear @DebbieReynolds has died.

"She was a wonderfully warm friend and colleague. Praying for Todd & Billie. #RIPDebbie."

Mia Farrow added: "Debbie Reynolds cd sing, dance & gave dazzling performances. RIP doesn't sound right for her or Carrie - I hope they're somewhere having fun."

TV presenter Larry King said: "Debbie Reynolds was pure class. She was loving, talented, beautiful, unsinkable. I feel sorry for anyone who never got a chance to meet her."

Reynolds' death was confirmed by her son Todd Fisher, who said: "She's now with Carrie and we're all heartbroken.

"She said, 'I want to be with Carrie.' And then she was gone."

R. I. P Debbie Reynolds

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aldo For This Useful Post:

Nikkas (30-12-2016), trotwood (29-12-2016)

Verified Registered User Mobley2's Avatar
    Thanks
    R.i.p

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mobley2 For This Useful Post:

Nikkas (30-12-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,955 Times in 1,266 Posts
    Debbie Reynolds is one of the very first actresses I remember very sentimentally, after seeing her in the 50's film (or was it 60's) 'Tammy' - the song from which went to top the hit parade for many weeks! Ah what fond memories of a lovely actress!
    RIP Debbie Reynolds.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to holmroad For This Useful Post:

Nikkas (30-12-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,588 Times in 1,239 Posts
    Heart broken and she joins Carrie. RIP

8. The Following User Says Thank You to traveller For This Useful Post:

Nikkas (30-12-2016)

Thanks
    Life is too short to be estranged. At least the two of them had already found each other again before the sad events of the last few days.

Gone but never forgotten.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,016 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Here is the latest info concerning the late Carrie & Debbie:

hxxp://news.sky.com/story/joint-memorial-service-plan-for-debbie-reynolds-and-carrie-fisher

There is a very nice drawing of them together as in their character film roles.