Thread: George michael dies.

V.I.P
    Thanks

George michael dies.

It has just been announced that singer song writer George Michael has died peacefully at his home.
    Police said his death was unexplained but since then its been announced by georges manager Michael lippmann that the singer died from heart failure.
    RIP George Michael.
    the shocking year of untimely deaths continues.

Thanks
    wham and you are gone.

Thanks
    a very talented guy,..................at least he has his "Last Christmas".

Thanks
    Thanked 3,588 Times in 1,239 Posts
    What a year 2016 has been losing all these talented people. :-(

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to traveller For This Useful Post:

BOOGIBEAR (26-12-2016), chippy (27-12-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,016 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Pop superstar George Michael dies of suspected heart failure aged 53

Police say they are treating Michael's death as "unexplained but not suspicious", as his manager says it was due to heart failure.

Pop superstar George Michael has died of suspected heart failure at the age of 53.

Michael, who shot to fame as the front man of Wham! in the 1980s, died peacefully at his home in Oxfordshire, his publicist said.

His manager Michael Lippman said the cause of his death was heart failure, according to the Associated Press.

Thames Valley Police said officers were called to a property in Goring-on-Thames shortly before 2pm on Christmas Day.

The force said: "Sadly, a 53-year-old man was confirmed deceased at the scene.

"At this stage the death is being treated as unexplained but not suspicious.

"A post-mortem will be undertaken in due course."

Michael's publicist said: "It is with great sadness that we can confirm our beloved son, brother and friend George passed away peacefully at home over the Christmas period.

"The family would ask that their privacy be respected at this difficult and emotional time."

Michael - whose real name was Georgios Kyriacos Panayiotou - had hits including Club Tropicana and Last Christmas as a part of Wham!

He sold more than 100 million albums throughout a career spanning almost four decades.

People reacted with shock on social media, with his former Wham! bandmate Andrew Ridgeley leading tributes.

He tweeted: "Heartbroken at the loss of my beloved friend Yog. Me, his loved ones, his friends, the world of music, the world at large. 4ever loved. A xx"

Sir Elton John said he was "in deep shock" at Michael's death.

The pair famously collaborated on a rendition of Elton's classic Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me, released in 1992.

Writing on Instagram, Sir Elton said: "I have lost a beloved friend - the kindest, most generous soul and a brilliant artist.

"My heart goes out to his family and all of his fans."

"All our love and sympathy to @GeorgeMichael's family."

Heartbroken at the loss of my beloved friend Yog. Me, his loved ones, his friends, the world of music, the world at large. 4ever loved. A xx https://t.co/OlGTm4D9O6
    — Andrew Ridgeley (@ajridgeley) December 26, 2016

As well as being known for his musical talent, Michael had a turbulent personal life, and brushes with the law and tales of drug use saw him hit the headlines.

Michael nearly died from pneumonia in late 2011.

He received treatment in a Vienna hospital, after which he made a tearful appearance outside his London home and said it had been "touch and go" whether he lived.

Behind the headlines, Michael quietly gave huge sums to charity, including all the royalties from the 1996 number one Jesus to a Child.

Childline founder Dame Esther Rantzen said he had given "millions" and "no-one outside the charity knew how much he given the nation's most vulnerable children".

Michael's 1990 album Listen Without Prejudice Vol. 1 had been set to be reissued.

It was due to be accompanied by a new film featuring Stevie Wonder, Elton John and the supermodels who starred in the video to his hit single Freedom! '90.

R. I. P George Michael.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,955 Times in 1,266 Posts
    RIP George Michael.

Thanks
    No doubt the root cause will be drugs.
    Silly man.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dog-man For This Useful Post:

holmroad (26-12-2016)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    That is a bit disrespectful Maurice.

Great singer but a silly man who did well to last as long as he did given his health and emotional problems.

I am sure drugs and alcohol played a major part in his death, as I say, a silly man.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dostoy For This Useful Post:

Aldo (26-12-2016), BOOGIBEAR (27-12-2016), JOE.MADDISON (27-12-2016), trotwood (27-12-2016)

Thanks
    well said dostoy a cheap shot...great entertainer and will be missed dont matter what he does in his private life but there again when your famous you dont have one because of the gutterpress

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wezzy For This Useful Post:

Aldo (27-12-2016), BOOGIBEAR (26-12-2016), JOE.MADDISON (27-12-2016), trotwood (27-12-2016)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    TV stars and personalities are now making comments about how much he did and gave away to charity,and to ordinary people he helped.
    He didn't want it known, well done George.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trotwood For This Useful Post:

Aldo (27-12-2016), chimpy (28-12-2016), dog-man (27-12-2016), JOE.MADDISON (27-12-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,016 Times in 2,265 Posts
    The partner of pop superstar George Michael has described how he found the star dead in bed on Christmas Day.

Fadi Fawaz said he made the terrible discovery after arriving at the musician's home to wake him ahead of a planned Christmas Day lunch.

Its a Xmas I will never forget finding your partner dead peacefully in bed first thing in the morning.. I will never stop missing you xx

Mr Fawaz revealed his devastation as it emerged that Michael had been a secret donor to many charities, giving millions of pounds.

The man with a reputation for self-indulgence donated to charities involved with helping children, cancer victims and AIDS sufferers.

He was also remembered for other acts of kindness - volunteering at a homeless shelter and giving a stranger money for IVF treatment after seeing her on Deal or No Deal.

George Michael worked anonymously at a homeless shelter I was volunteering at. I've never told anyone, he asked we didn't. That's who he was.

Childline founder Esther Rantzen said Michael gave royalties from his 1996 hit Jesus To A Child to the charity.

"Over the years he gave us millions," She said Michael was determined no-one outside the charity should know how much he gave to the nation's most vulnerable children.

His death came in a year which has seen the music industry lose some of its biggest stars including Prince, David Bowie, Leonard Cohen, Greg Lake and Rick Parfitt, such a galaxy of stars.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aldo For This Useful Post:

BOOGIBEAR (27-12-2016), JOE.MADDISON (27-12-2016), trotwood (27-12-2016)

Thanks
    R. I. P George Michael.

The man who had everything. But had nothing'

Died alone on Christmas day when all families usually get together

19. The Following User Says Thank You to rasp For This Useful Post:

Dark Cloud (27-12-2016)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    A brilliant musician who wrote some fantastic songs. A brilliant performer live. who had a wonderful generous spirit, but sadly a fatally destructive habit. thank you George.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to chippy For This Useful Post:

BOOGIBEAR (28-12-2016)

Thanks
    post * should be removed not up to forum standards.rule 14
    Last edited by JOE.MADDISON; 27-12-2016 at 06:48 PM. Reason: post number removed,as post was removed