Thread: How to delete advertising on television

Thanks

How to delete advertising on television

I recently saw an advert on how to delete advertising,I personally think that on SKY it is getting worst,I am sure there are other people out there wanting to do the same.......does anyone know how to do this
    be very grateful if anyone has an answer.....totally getting on my nerves now especially with xmas coming up......TJ1

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TJ1 For This Useful Post:

BOOGIBEAR (02-01-2017)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi Try and switch tv off when adverts appear...

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,802 Times in 1,938 Posts
    Just record whatever it is you want to watch, then skip past the ads when you watch it.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    I seem to remember a device, like Tivo, that promised to record your shows, and skip the adverts.
    What you have to remember is that you are viewing, a lot of these channels, for free, paid for by advertisers, unless paying for Sky, in which case you not only pay a subscription, but also have to view a lot of advertisements. If you have devices, to allow you to avoid the advertisements, why would companies any longer pay to advertise?
    Instead they will integrate their advertsements, into the show, like some companies already do, using either a banner, or a picture in picture approach.
    The question is which would you find more annoying?
    Paying a lot extra, to view without any advertisements, or having constant advertisements, integrated into the programming?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

TJ1 (22-12-2016)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickha View Post
    I seem to remember a device, like Tivo, that promised to record your shows, and skip the adverts.
    What you have to remember is that you are viewing, a lot of these channels, for free, paid for by advertisers, unless paying for Sky, in which case you not only pay a subscription, but also have to view a lot of advertisements. If you have devices, to allow you to avoid the advertisements, why would companies any longer pay to advertise?
    Instead they will integrate their advertsements, into the show, like some companies already do, using either a banner, or a picture in picture approach.
    The question is which would you find more annoying?
    Paying a lot extra, to view without any advertisements, or having constant advertisements, integrated into the programming?
    constant advertisements integrated into the programme would in my opinion be better phil from easteders with a bottle of whiskey dot on the woodbines the vicar from corrie fairy cakes more fun i think

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to satwyn For This Useful Post:

BOOGIBEAR (02-01-2017), TJ1 (22-12-2016)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    Not that kind of integrated advertisement, that's more like product placement.
    This would be the main picture, of the program being viewed, would shrink to a 1/4 size and the rest of the screen would be taken up by a commercial, for about 30 seconds, then the program would be returned to normal, and this would happen at irregular intervals, to stop any device from being able to cut out the advertisement, without losing part of the program.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

Aldo (22-12-2016), TJ1 (22-12-2016)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    For live viewing, I find the mute button makes life tolerable.

It wouldn't be quite so bad if they didn't repeat so often. Why they think that showing me the exact same advert 100+ times is going to make me buy a product is beyond me. The ****** one with Clarkson, I must have seen that 20 times some days - that gets right up my pipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickha View Post
    I think there was some add-on device which promised this but never actually materialised, possibly due to pressure from broadcasters. Further back, I think a VCR (Mitsubishi?) was developed which picked up the in-vision marker for the adverts and paused the recording. IIRC it was a failure as Japanese broadcasters refused to carry adverts for the VCR itself.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,955 Times in 1,266 Posts
    One interesting point, is that when using ITV Hub via Sky+ box, the downloaded version omits all the ads, thus doing it for you!
    Only thing with that is that you lose option for subtitles if you need them!

Thanks
    Quite a few of the "catchups" do this or at least reduce the length of the ad breaks.

Thanks
    I prefer the double whammy approach. Pay subscription and then still have to watch crummy ads.