Thread: Wifi

Thanks

Wifi

Morning everyone. Could anyone on the forum tell me, other than accessing YouTube, what WIFI actually does? Right now I'm pulling the WIFI USB in and out swapping it with a USB stick as needed but I can't see what the point of WIFI is if you're not using YouTube. Thank you.

Thanks
    Come back on the 1st of April and ask again.

Thanks
    And now a sensible reply. Wifi is the connection between your device, laptop or whatever and connects you to the outside world as it were. You can use emails or go on social media like facebook or twitter. Look up loads of info on web sites or order goods online. Plus a host of other uses.

Thanks
    wifi is used only if you cannot hard wire your box to your router,if you use a cat 5 cable wifi is not used,if no cat5 or home plug,then wifi is neaded to receive your "gift" if you have patched your box.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JOE.MADDISON For This Useful Post:

Aldo (14-12-2016)

Thanks
    Sorry. I think something got lost in translation or you all think I'm thick as pig s**t . I know what WIFI does but what does it do on a Spider Mini. Unless I'm missing a patch I can only access YouTube. No FB or social media so I ask again what is the point of WIFI on the mini? Can anyone fill me in on what I'm missing. Thank you.

Thanks
    have you patched your box for m/cam,are you using a sat dish and read my post above again..........????
    have you scanned in satelite channels.you do know what this box can do...........????
    wifi does nothing on your box it allows you to connet to your router only.
    Last edited by JOE.MADDISON; 15-12-2016 at 02:22 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JOE.MADDISON For This Useful Post:

Bucket-n-Spade (15-12-2016)

Thanks
    Hi Joe. Thank you for your reply. I'm obvs missing something the box can do besides receiving satellite. Mine is patched and I get m/cams (what are m/cams anyway?) and YouTube but not Facebook, Twitter etc as Dreamcatcher suggested. To be honest without me being 'on the inside' of what you know that you can't put here I honestly can't see the point of keeping the Mini connected to the Internet 24/7.

Thanks
    you must keep box connected to internet at all times,in order to open the gift channels on varrious satellites,(with a motorised dish system,many channels clear)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JOE.MADDISON For This Useful Post:

Bucket-n-Spade (15-12-2016)