Hi guys,

Just wanted your opinions on an annoying problem using a generic remote with a TV box.

I recently bought a Mygica ATV582 from the sponsor and it works well.
The original remote control was too small and fiddly so I bought cheap 'universal' replacement.

The replacement works well other than if I leave the box in standby for longer than a minute or two, it won't come out of standby again.
I could sit there all day putting it in and out of standby provided I don't leave it in standby for very long.
If I power it down completely, then power up again, it works fine until I leave it in standy again for any length of time.

I plugged the original dongle alongside the new one and both remote controls work together with no clashes.
If I use the original remote control to get the box out of standby and put it back in again, the replacement will now take the box out of standby too.
(so my workaround for now is to use the little remote to turn on the box, then use the replacement for the menus. Not ideal.)

The on/off button on the original remote control switches the box in and ot of standby only, but that on the generic remote control allows the choice between standby and a hard reset of th box (main power off and on).

Any thoughts please? Why the time delay of a couple of minutes?
If it was an internal timout with the Android firmware, then surely the same would apply to the original remote control.

Footnote...
I contacted Mygica directly about the MyGica KR53 and KR501 remote controls, but they were unhelpful and stated 'we don't ship units outside of the 50 US States'.
So that means if the remote supplied with the ATV582 goes faulty, then you can't buy a replacement.
Perhaps Goldwafers would have more clout dealing with this useless company?