Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "New Top Gear"

Thanks

"New Top Gear"

Hi all,anyone know if there is a way to watch the new series by the boys without subscribing to Ama**n?
    Thanks Guys

Thanks
    Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,093 Posts
    The Grand Tour launches on 18th November
    I'm sure there will be a lot of interested viewers & would expect it to appear on some sharing sites.

Code:
    -https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Grand_Tour_(TV_series)

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ^^COMPASS^^ For This Useful Post:

Aldo (11-11-2016), Barney (12-12-2016), cosworth4x4 (20-11-2016), echelon (11-11-2016)

Thanks
    use kodi....it was on there within an hour

5. The Following User Says Thank You to keith lard For This Useful Post:

cosworth4x4 (20-11-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,596 Times in 1,241 Posts
    I am going to watch it on my son's Plex that I share with him. 1 hour 11 mins long. He said it was good but overly long, just got to find time.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to traveller For This Useful Post:

cosworth4x4 (20-11-2016)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    i found it visually stunning in 4k a few arwkard moments but yes it was good

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dave13142 For This Useful Post:

cosworth4x4 (20-11-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,314 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Well worth a view if you liked the old series with the 3 .

The Mclaren p1 looked stunning , when i win the lottery

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,204 Times in 395 Posts
    must say i enjoyed it...many refferences to the other show..like star in the car,that never happened...good format..informitive with a touch of comedy

12. The Following User Says Thank You to EXTRAFACTO For This Useful Post:

cosworth4x4 (20-11-2016)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    it was on s***box the next morning if you've got an android box then i will suggest you download the APK and og the show is really good even the open montage with that i can see clearly now tune

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    I got it from tv-release using freerapid

Thanks
    I won't spoil it but the opening set the tone, good production, plenty of humour and it's back to the old TG style with a lot more money spent on it. BBC you lost a good earner.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,314 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Probably not many of us on here will pay for it anyway but this was interesting from martin lewis website.

Update Fri 18 Nov, 9.45am: ****** launched The Grand Tour last night and it already has strong reviews. It will be no surprise as you read this blog that it has temporarily reduced the sign-up cost to Prime from £79 to £59 until midnight tonight. That is all part of the commercial plan.

The papers have repeatedly splashed ****** TV’s triumphant signing of “star turns” Clarkson, Hammond and May in a rumoured £160 million Top Gear deal. The obvious reason for doing this is the motoring show’s been one of the world’s most commercially successfully brands, and ****** hopes people will sign up to its service to watch it.

Yet dig beneath ******’s business model and I believe this is about far more than just TV. It’s a much more interesting and commercial move than it first appears.

It’s all about ****** Prime

In the UK, the US and elsewhere, the main route to watch ****** TV is by joining its ****** Prime £79 a year service – which also includes a ‘free’ next day delivery service on ****** bought goods. While you can get a TV only subscription, it’s only a fraction cheaper and is nowhere near as heavily marketed.

****** uses a free month-long trial to draw people into Prime. This is a proven technique across many industries that plays on what’s called the ‘inertia dividend’, which means people are naturally pre-disposed to not liking to lose something they already have (see my The real reason firms do free trials blog for more on that).

PS. If you’ve paid for a trial and never used it, our ****** Prime refund story shows how to get your £79 back.

However, to really see why this all works, let’s take a step deeper…

Prime’s secret isn’t the fee, it’s the fact it locks you into buying from ******

Research on the US market by Millward Brown Digital shows that Prime members tend to stick with ******. Less than 1% of Prime members are likely to consider another retailer during the same shopping session – whereas a non-Prime member shopping at ****** is eight times more likely to shop elsewhere in a session.

Research from Consumer Intelligence Research Partners also shows that the average US Prime member spends $500 more annually with ****** than non-members.

It’s therefore likely that Prime would be profitable for ****** even if you ignore the subscription fee, just because it engenders so much more customer stickiness.

Yet this wouldn’t work without the subscription fee, as I suspect perversely the fact it charges works to ******’s benefit as people have an “I’ve paid for it, so I should use it” feeling, which keeps them entrenched within the ****** empire.

That’s the genius of the business structure, the firm gets £79 and then because it’s charging, generates more sales.

So if the new Top Gear works, it should pay for itself many times over

Therefore if the new motoring show can increase subscribers to Prime, it’s likely ****** not only gains revenue from the TV fee alone, it increases its domination in the retail space with a huge host of more consumers who feel locked into its marketplace and spend.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cosworth4x4 For This Useful Post:

dave13142 (23-11-2016), keith lard (23-11-2016), ogir (24-11-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,249 Times in 2,030 Posts
    Watched the first Four Episodes The Grand Tour
    have to say its awesome to see this trio back again Clarkson,May,Hammond they have been very entertaining for years on BBC but its unfortunate that BBC Watered down a lot of the content and then pretty much destroyed the Top Gear Series and name with their total disaster version which went downhill faster than a ton of bricks : ))
    im now waiting patiently on the next few episodes of The Grand Tour and exited to see what it brings because it just keeps getting better each week unlike what the BBC tried and Epic failed to offer ... i believe that TOP Gear was already axed on BBC ??
    The Grand Tour really has been and will be nothing other than pure success its done right and its much improved and not watered down thus it can only be a huge success with Clarkson,May,Hammond those three will always be a recipe for success regardless .
    BBC Made a very fast and perhaps idiotic and stupid choice to rapidly save face and then totally embarrass themselves and try and copy the most successfull TV Show they ever had .. it was always going to be an epic fail Period !!
    Congrats to THE Grand Tour i wish it even further success and look forward very much to watching a lot more of this REAL and very funny and entertaining
    Show .
    Cheers !

Thanks
    I must be the odd one out on here watched it on kodi, first two series but thought it was over hyped all the cars so far have been within the reach of a small minority of the population.
    Just my tuppence worth.
    regards painter

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to painter For This Useful Post:

Aldo (13-12-2016), BOOGIBEAR (27-01-2017)

Thanks
    Jeremy Clarkson’s new motoring show has become the most illegally downloaded television programme in history, figures suggest.

****** paid a reported $160m (£130m) for three series of The Grand Tour, which stars former Top Gear presenters Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May, after Clarkson was sacked by the BBC in March 2015.

But figures from Muso, data analysts of the piracy market, suggest unprecedented numbers of people are avoiding paying £79 a year to sign up for ******’s online streaming service, ****** Prime, and instead downloading the show illegally.

The data, shared with the Mail on Sunday, suggests the first episode was downloaded illegally 7.9m times, the second 6.4m times and the third 4.6m times. British viewers made up the largest percentage (13.7%) of the total number of illegal downloads.

The new show from the former Top Gear trio debuted on 18 November, and ******, which has extended its streaming service to 200 countries, has said only that “millions” of people streamed the first episode. Even the programme’s stars say they are not privy to the official viewing figures.

Muso estimated that ****** could have lost up to £3.2m in revenue in Britain alone on episode one because of illegal downloads. Chris Elkins, the chief commercial officer at the company, said: “It is the most illegally downloaded programme ever. It is off the scale in terms of volume.”

It has overtaken every big show, including Game Of Thrones, for the totals across different platforms. We monitor thousands of campaigns and this one really stands out.”

A spokesperson for ****** said: “The Grand Tour has become the biggest show premiere ever on ****** Prime Video, breaking records around the world.”

Consumer Intelligence Research Partners estimated there were 63 million ****** Prime members this July, up 19 million in a year, whereas other analysts estimate that just 2 million are in the UK. ****** had hoped that the show would attract more subscribers to the service.

In March 2015, Clarkson was sacked by the BBC for an “unprovoked physical and verbal attack” on a Top Gear producer, after a string of scandals involving racist and ***ist comments made by the presenter.

A remake of Top Gear without Clarkson, Hammond or May, aired on the BBC this year and saw audiences plummet. The show’s new presenter, Chris Evans, announced he was leaving hours after the final episode was broadcast in July. “Gave it my best shot but sometimes that’s not enough,” he said.

Source the guardian.com

******* = A m a z o n

Thanks
    Yes it is well supported on torrents, the last two shows have had so many peers uploading that it downloads like lightning. Also found that these .mkv files played easily on a "smart" TV which sometimes they do not and need converting to mp4.

Thanks
    So ****** might complain about illegal downloads but let's not forget they sell lots of boxes set up to do exactly that. Including their own Fire TV boxes and sticks. Double standards comes to mind.

Thanks
    I watched prog 3 yesterday on my Son's Plex, just so many ways to watch. Don't think the three are too worried about that.

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 845 Posts
    loved the first episode but its gone the same way as Top Gear, the laughs are forced. Its still got some genuinely funny moments. Its like watching a bad comedy with the occasional good gag.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Top Gear was more than just the 3 guys. The BBC had so much pull getting all the superb worldwide locations together with the camera production teams.
    What I've seen so far is a modern day version of "Last Of The Summer Wine".
    Sorry guys.

BillyBits

27. The Following User Says Thank You to BillyBits For This Useful Post:

Aldo (13-12-2016)

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 845 Posts
    what disappoints is when they get to there tent location they don't actually do anything there, it feels disconnected. The location should match the content

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3tv For This Useful Post:

Aldo (13-12-2016), BOOGIBEAR (27-01-2017)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast