Thread: Aging motorhome freesat user seeks British channels . . .

Thanks

Aging motorhome freesat user seeks British channels . . .

Hi all . . . this looks like a friendly forum, but I'm sure I'm way out of my depth, so sorry!

So I'm 64, and we're enjoying kitting out our 20 year old Hymermobile in preparation for a series of extended journeys around Europe. I see by the rules I'm supposed to introduce myself before getting to my problem, so that's about it, really.

The great thing about the freesat receiver I found on **** is that it's 12v and it does work really well, but the simple little problem I have is that although my successful portable satellite installation elicited some 4000 channels on the freesat autoscan, I can only see all the European channels, and none of the domestic British ones? I can view BBC World and Sky News International, but nothing on the channels that have come down the EPG as 003 through about 0068, which are all the freesat domestic British ones (and they had good signal intensity and quality too, according to the freesat receiver).

Hoping this makes sense by way of an introduction, and sorry to have inserted such an elementary problem, so please be gentle with me on this matter, if you can?

And I really am GreyingFaster by the day

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    hi

this is the introduction forum so questions should be placed in one of the main forums here in future

if you point the dish at 28.2 east you may receive say 800 or 900 channels in total, including scrambled channels

so if you are getting 4000 and only the international ones then your dish is pointed at the WRONG satellite, perhaps 19 east ? (or 13 east)

so wipe the box , point the dish at 28.2 east (like a UK sly dish points at) and scan again

when you get itv and c4 and c5 and the vault etc you are on the correct satellite and will be able to watch the freesat channels only

another method of tuning the box in would be to set it up using an existing feed from a fixed sly mini dish

then when you use the portable dish , once pointed at 28.2 east the same channels will appear (if in the uk or northern europe like normandy etc)

good luck and welcome to the forum

please use the main forums if you need further help

3. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

GreyingFaster (31-10-2016)