Thread: Would you sell it Question.

Banned
    Thanks

Would you sell it Question.

Hi guys

I have a Question to all members here Please respond to my thoughts.

Would You Sell IT???

DM8000HD-PVR GENUINE FROM GERMANY.

This is a compleate system satellite/cable/dvd player/500gb hard drive.

It is in perfect working order & has been well looked after.

It will Play any Dvd Disk movies, photos, also mp3 music as media.

There is a very good collection of Movies on the hard drive.

All said guys, so the question is Would you sell it: YES OR NO ?.

I just feel that the box is way above what most other boxs have as a compleate system & it has servered me well over the years so i do find it very hard to want to sell it.

EDITED as some seen it as a sales post sorry about this but is was not the idea.

Regards Talks.
    Last edited by Talk's; 24-10-2016 at 05:53 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,346 Times in 704 Posts
    Forum rules:
    Additional clarification...

1) NO PRIVATE ADVERTS = this means no sales adverts of any kind , and also means no WANTED adverts of any kind , especially when referring to sat gear (including programming boxes or setting them up for pay tv channels (subscription channels), sat motors , sat receivers , games console`s etc (respect our forum sponsor)
    no part exchanges of any sort allowed either !!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Roadrunner For This Useful Post:

Aldo (24-10-2016)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,802 Times in 1,938 Posts
    TBH I wouldn't pay £500 for it, in today's standards it's a very old box and for less money you can buy a VU+ Solo 4K, which is state of the art and can do everything and more than your box can for £150 less - also it would be Brand NEW and with a warranty. Also as for DVD players - when was the last time someone watched a DVD? everything nowadays is streaming, and probably most people have playstation/xbox or a multitude of other gear that can play them. I can't remember the last time I watched one TBH - it was years ago though.

I think you'll be lucky to sell it for what you want - or just sell it to someone clueless with big pockets.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mrdude For This Useful Post:

Aldo (24-10-2016), Barney (24-10-2016), darkgentle (24-10-2016), echelon (24-10-2016)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,294 Times in 3,603 Posts
    To be honest if I were you I'd keep it. Its worth more to you than you will ever get for it.

As stated above its old now and quite slow too running with just a 400mhz cpu with limited memory now by today's standards. Many other much cheaper than £500 brand new boxes have far surpassed its capabilities,plus it runs closed source software (Drivers,Kernel's ect) which is always going to be a pain in today's Open source world.

As for DVD, yes I agree, DVD's are so last century and I bet its at least 10yrs since I've watched one.

Ian.
    Last edited by ian; 24-10-2016 at 04:03 PM.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ian For This Useful Post:

Barney (24-10-2016), echelon (24-10-2016), Talk's (24-10-2016)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thankyou for the replys guys.

Sorry if a few here seen it as a sales advert it was not intended to be that just asking for your thoughts if you did have one as i do then taking all in consideration would you sell it or not thats all.

To add some have not seen the question, i did not ask about newer boxs at all> I have also got a Vu duo2 and a Vu solo2 they both do have streaming and i Never use it. I do use them also alot but i cant play a dvd on either of them if not added as to the box as external.

I know there would be no chance of me getting rid of the dm8000hd simply becuase it cost me a small fortune and simply becuase it will do things that most will not Try playing a dvd on a 4k without a dvd built in the stb i bet you would have problems finding where to open the dvd tray lol.

I have to say modern tech has moved on a big way and some of the good old ways are left on the self and in most cases most companies that build new gear will not fit a dvd drive and the software needed or the price would go sky high and no one would purcase them.

Thanks again for your replys guys.

Kind Regards Talks.