Thread: Unknown Problem

Thanks

Unknown Problem

Hi,
    Just came back from my holiday and the Vu Duo has developed a strange problem.
    It will not clear any programs even FTA when the internet cable is plugged in. When it unplugged it does clear FTA but obviously not the encrypted channels. Also when I do a satellite reception check it does not see any channels on a full scan with the internet plugged in!!

Help please

Dave

Thanks
    Thanked 7,747 Times in 2,327 Posts
    save any configs and files you may need to your PC and re-flash it, sounds like the image is corrupted ?
    unless by coincidence you are knocking the coax cable when you unplug your ethernet cable ?

St.O

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Had similar problem after updating my solo2 to the new BH 3.0.2G i had to use the network wizard to get it back working again.

Thanks
    Just a quick update, after the STB has been on for about 10mins without the ethernet connection it starts to loose the signal and eventually pixalates then blank screen, so is this still the same problem and it needs a factory reset and if so which is the best and most stable image for the Vu+ Duo

Kind regards

Dave
    Last edited by davecabezo; 25-09-2016 at 05:56 PM.

Thanks
    Hi Dark Gentle

What is the "Network Wizard" and where do I find it and the instructions to use it

Regards

dave

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    The Network Wizard is just a simple method of setting up your internet connection, check the menu options, and Network.
    Which image do you have loaded?

Thanks
    The Image is Black Hole 2.1.4 I forgot to mention that there's been no problems since I had to get the Vu repaired due to the common fault of capacitor etc but it also had to have more done to the PSU. As mentioned I was away on holiday for 2 weeks and had set the timer to record on Saturday evening just before I got back, the recording had started OK but after 45 mins the picture started to pixilate and stopped recording after 45 mins instead of 120 mins. I've also noted that the Vu is quite hot even though it's just in standby.

Hope this helps

Dave

Thanks
    Thanked 1,255 Times in 666 Posts
    try upgrading to the latest image as you image may be corrupted don't for get to back up your config first

Thanks
    Many thanks for the replies,
    I will try to get it sorted this weekend. I've seen Echelons sticky re backing up files etc but this will be the first time I've tried. There are a few files etc I'm unsure of but will re post this weekend

Regards

"Old" Dave