Thread: Fao Blackdevil -Hitech -Stuck in standby

Verified Registered User glenby's Avatar
    Thanks

Fao Blackdevil -Hitech -Stuck in standby

Last night my box went into standby while I was watching it.I removed all cables and left it over night.This morning I have reconnected everything and it appears to be stuck in standby.The remote is working (I have checked through a camera lense).
    Is there anything I can try please ?

Thanks
    Download the latest HB9000 patch file from https://www.satpimps.co.uk/forumdisp...p?796-Firmware

Unzip the patch file to a USB stick that has been formatted to FAT32.

Rename the patch file to force_upgrade_rom

Insert USB stick into HB9000

Power on HB9000.

Press the OK button on the remote control quickly again and again repeatedly until you see the update screen appear on your TV.

Do a Factory Reset after software update has completed.

Thanks
    Thanks for reply.tried that with 3 different usb drives but didn't do anything.Still stuck in standby.

File Guy
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by glenby View Post
    Thanks for reply.tried that with 3 different usb drives but didn't do anything.Still stuck in standby.
    Hi
    Have an in depth read here > https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...uck-on-standby
    jb

Thanks
    Thanks for your help but nothing seems to be happening.I have been out and bought 2 new usb drives and tried them but nothings happening.I think my problem is something different to corrupt firmware as I was watching the tv and the time and not updating the box.

File Guy
    Thanks
    @glenby
    Have you tried without the LNB connected.
    Just to confirm, in your first post you say the Remote is working, is that only to get the box in and out of standby?
    If it shows a green light it may be your Monitor/TV/HDMI lead giving you the problem.
    jb

Thanks
    Thanks again jbvid.I'm running out of ideas mate,I've got 5 usb drives all with force_upgrade_rom on them and all i get is 'open file fail'on the screen.Nothing,apart from power and hdmi cable,is connected,the box is stuck in standby.
    I still don't understand why it went off while I was watching it .I could understand if it was while downloading.
    Last edited by glenby; 25-09-2016 at 06:04 PM.

File Guy
    Thanks
    Thanks again jbvid.I'm running out of ideas mate,I've got 5 usb drives all with force_upgrade_rom on them and all i get is 'open file fail'on the screen.Nothing,apart from power and hdmi cable,is connected,the box is stuck in standby.
    I still don't understand why it went off while I was watching it .I could understand if it was while downloading.
    In case of any corruption try unzipping the file I have attached then rename it to force_upgrade_rom
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    Thanks for your efforts m8 but still no good.I've tried that with 5 different usb drives and still 'open file fail'.
    I've on this since 9 am today and it's doing my head in,do you think I should contact Goldwafers to get it replaced only bought in February ?

Cheers

File Guy
    Thanks
    @ glenby
    Hi
    Yes, by all means, didn't know it was still in guarantee.
    Tell them you have tried all help on here. (Unless anyone else has a suggestion)
    jb

Thanks
    Jbvid.Thanks for your assistance today m8 it's very much appreciated. Shame the outcome wasn't better.
    I've sent an email to Goldwafers.

Cheers

Thanks
    Jbvid.Thanks for your assistance today m8 it's very much appreciated. Shame the outcome wasn't better.
    I've sent an email to Goldwafers.

Cheers
    Hi glenby, I had a contact call me re a similar problem, could not get the force_upgrade_rom to fire up,he like you purchased a couple new usb sticks and after some discussion the problem was he was not adding the .bin ie [force_upgrade_rom.bin] he added it and his problem was solved-----just a thought

Thanks
    Put the .bin file like it is and not in a folder in the usb stick.

Thanks
    An update to this thread.It has taken me 3 days ,while trying to do some work as well,to get this box to load.I had already sussed that it needed '.bin.'I tried at least 50 times to no avail.I contacted Lee from Goldwafers who sent me presumably the same file and got it going on the 7th attempt,it took almost an hour to load.I'm still baffled why this suddenly went into standby while in normal use and not downloading corrupt firmware.The only updates it gets are the online one's ,I never load anything else.
    Surely someone has to come up with an easier way to recover this box than constantly pressing the ok button for hour after hour ,my remote must be worn out by now having been pressed hundreds of times.I have also gone out and bought 4 new usb drives of different sizes which I didn't need or want .
    Anyway glad it back on and thanks to all who tried to help me.

Thanks
    An update to this thread.It has taken me 3 days ,while trying to do some work as well,to get this box to load.I had already sussed that it needed '.bin.'I tried at least 50 times to no avail.I contacted Lee from Goldwafers who sent me presumably the same file and got it going on the 7th attempt,it took almost an hour to load.I'm still baffled why this suddenly went into standby while in normal use and not downloading corrupt firmware.The only updates it gets are the online one's ,I never load anything else.
    Surely someone has to come up with an easier way to recover this box than constantly pressing the ok button for hour after hour ,my remote must be worn out by now having been pressed hundreds of times.I have also gone out and bought 4 new usb drives of different sizes which I didn't need or want .
    Anyway glad it back on and thanks to all who tried to help me.
    You need a medal, I would have thrown it out of the window long ago. Glad it's now sorted.

Thanks
    I had a similar problem it worked a treat, thank you